OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Or Maybe This Team Will Make Us Tap Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
yep
I said it a week or two ago but he's one of the worst *good* players in the league without the ball on offense.
His game is perfect-for a bygone era in the NBA. Not even being somewhat of a credible threat to shoot when wide open nowadays is going to make this team easier to play against in the playoffs.
Spot on...nobody should be content with status quo Simmons if we want the Sixers to legit contend for a championship...

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Problem is, Simmons isn't consistently an impact player. He's had two pretty good games back to back now, so maybe this rough patch has made him realize that he can't be an occasional star, he has to bring it every night. But to this point there are too many games where he's mostly a spectator, at least on offense.
He picks and chooses when he wants to make an impact and how....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Our boy is back

perl_1-051216.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can we fix the f***ing “Teh” in the title? Starting to think it’s bad Juju.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Nope. That's a new one. They're 1-1 since this thread has started.

I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything, but what if you were to, as an experiment, fix (grammatically speaking) the "Teh", and after you do that, Ben Simmons goes out and hits 5 out of 5 threes in one game. That would suggest that maybe there is something going on here?

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Cov returning saves the season. Make it so Elton!
giphy.gif

Im only halfway joking.
Someone familiar with the system who can help out new guys plus he's got clout in the room due to time spent? Sign me up!
This room needs some leaders, considering our high priced signings are too quiet and professional to make any real impact on the culture

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I could see Minn asking for Zhaire (at least) for Covington, would you do that? Problem with Cov is I'm not sure where he fits in. He's a SF which is actually pretty well stocked with Harris (who should be at the 4 but that's another discussion altogether), Matisse, and Ennis. Although either Matisse or Ennis could play SG (which is not well stocked).

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
I still think they need an initiator more than they need a 3 and D guy. They have so many limited trade resources that I really don't want to spend any of significance on a guy who's not comfortable creating shots.
They really dont have much of anything. My dream is Bogdan from the Kings. Would be an absolute monster of a get.
but the Kings arent that dumb. It would take a ransom as it should.

-Sato from the Bulls gives you another shotmaker with great passing who can rotate backup guard slots with Burke
-Could pull Jeff Green off the trash heap, see if he's got anything left
-Tyus Jones from the Grizzlies, same as Sato.

then there's always the Doomsday options:
-Melo.
-Natl media keep shoving Dlo for Simmons down our throats but since that cant happen til summer maybe Al/JRich for Dlo? (Not that I would do it)
....im not being very creative today, i know

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
They really dont have much of anything. My dream is Bogdan from the Kings. Would be an absolute monster of a get.
but the Kings arent that dumb. It would take a ransom as it should.

-Sato from the Bulls gives you another shotmaker with great passing who can rotate backup guard slots with Burke
-Could pull Jeff Green off the trash heap, see if he's got anything left
-Tyus Jones from the Grizzlies, same as Sato.

then there's always the Doomsday options:
-Melo.
-Natl media keep shoving Dlo for Simmons down our throats but since that cant happen til summer maybe Al/JRich for Dlo? (Not that I would do it)
Has there been real Simmons trade talk?

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Has there been real Simmons trade talk?
Youre guess is as good as mine. Logically though, I doubt it.
Ownership just gave him the big deal and they have at least until summer to evaluate him.

If the best you can get for Simmons with his value this low is a volume chucker at Dlo status then its best to just wait it out.
Ive posted it before but I think the risk inherent in Simmons is worth the potential reward.

He goes to GS, they deal Draymond because they dont need him anymore, and theyre right back in the hunt.

Simmons just refuses to impact the game on offense.
Worse FT % than in college. thats mental.
Refusing to take shots that are baked in to the offense for you, thats fear. Mental.
Somehow he figured he could take 2 less shots per game with JRich/Al than he could with JJ/Jimmy. Mental
1 shot attempt in 4th quarters this year. You cant even evaluate him realistically because he's only playing one end of the court.
This isnt Wiggins building brick houses or Okafor rolling out of bed for 17 while getting caved for 25.

Despite the offensive frustrations:
top 20 in PER, WS,
TS @ .582 with minimal 3's and horrible FT%

If he's Deron Williams and is fine being a meme, then we're ******* regardless but the eye test and fancy stats seem to indicate to me an immature 23 year old who shows every sign of two way dominance if he could just get out of his own head.

EDIT: and now he's gonna have to sink or swim because Jo's fingers fell off apparently

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Youre guess is as good as mine. Logically though, I doubt it.
Ownership just gave him the big deal and they have at least until summer to evaluate him.

If the best you can get for Simmons with his value this low is a volume chucker at Dlo status then its best to just wait it out.
Ive posted it before but I think the risk inherent in Simmons is worth the potential reward.

He goes to GS, they deal Draymond because they dont need him anymore, and theyre right back in the hunt.

Simmons just refuses to impact the game on offense.
Worse FT % than in college. thats mental.
Refusing to take shots that are baked in to the offense for you, thats fear. Mental.
Somehow he figured he could take 2 less shots per game with JRich/Al than he could with JJ/Jimmy. Mental
1 shot attempt in 4th quarters this year. You cant even evaluate him realistically because he's only playing one end of the court.
This isnt Wiggins building brick houses or Okafor rolling out of bed for 17 while getting caved for 25.

Despite the offensive frustrations:
top 20 in PER, WS,
TS @ .582 with minimal 3's and horrible FT%

If he's Deron Williams and is fine being a meme, then we're ******* regardless but the eye test and fancy stats seem to indicate to me an immature 23 year old who shows every sign of two way dominance if he could just get out of his own head.

EDIT: and now he's gonna have to sink or swim because Jo's fingers fell off apparently
I’ve only watched about 15% of the games this year so I don’t really know what’s going on besides what I read here or on twitter. Doesn’t sound good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->