OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Or Maybe This Team Will Make Us Tap Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Jazz playing a lot better with Conley sitting. Not surprising.
They need Mitchell to become a Hardenesque facillitator to maximize their core with him at the head.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Simmons issues on offense stem from fear and selfconsciousness.

Jo's issues stem from an unwillingness to learn and being overly cocky.
How many times has he gotten great post position only to back it out so he can eye his man up?
How many times has he hesitated to get a rhythm only to be stripped?
Make quicker decisions.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
The last philly team to win a game was the flyers last Sunday over the ducks

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
:laugh::laugh: U gotta feel for Brown no matter what opinion your about him is.
Draft 2 PG's back to back, both consensus number 1's, and you have to beg in the media for 1 to shoot and the other to even play.
Speaking of...Markelle with 25/4/4 (40% from 3) tonight.
It'll be a long road but he'll be a good player and like most it'll take until his mid 20's til he shows what he is.
A place like Orlando, with minimal fans and no scrutiny is the best place for him.

As for Simmons. I wouldnt want him shooting a 3 every game, just like you wouldnt put Curry in the post.
His % would be ugly (like sub-20% when you factor in his performance anxiety) and just like Giannis and Jo when they shoot 3's, it wouldnt space the floor at all.

Smart defenders will still just sag so its not gonna make the paint any less clogged.
And the paint being clogged is only really a problem because he doesnt do anything while he's there.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I want Simmons to chuck up a bunch of 3s for a while. When people see him making 19% they will be begging for him to stop.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't care so much about the 3s either, but he can get the old hesi pull-up jimbo any time he wants it and it would be nice to see him add that to his bag of tricks (such as it is).

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I want Simmons to chuck up a bunch of 3s for a while. When people see him making 19% they will be begging for him to stop.
One three would be fine with me tbh.....that was all Brown was asking for and for a supposed self proclaimed All Star his reticence is frankly insulting and actually quite telling..

As far as Fultz....if he turns out to be more of an impact player than Simmons in the long run it would just be typical....

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Implying Simmons isn't an impact player. Dude tracks a triple double every game and is good for 15-20 easy with great D.

Come on. If he gets any better, he's a superstar among the league's best.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Implying Simmons isn't an impact player. Dude tracks a triple double every game and is good for 15-20 easy with great D.

Come on. If he gets any better, he's a superstar among the league's best.
I said more of an impact player....not that Simmons isn't already....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Problem is, Simmons isn't consistently an impact player. He's had two pretty good games back to back now, so maybe this rough patch has made him realize that he can't be an occasional star, he has to bring it every night. But to this point there are too many games where he's mostly a spectator, at least on offense.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
But to this point there are too many games where he's mostly a spectator, at least on offense.
yep
I said it a week or two ago but he's one of the worst *good* players in the league without the ball on offense.
His game is perfect-for a bygone era in the NBA. Not even being somewhat of a credible threat to shoot when wide open nowadays is going to make this team easier to play against in the playoffs.

Reactions: Carter Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad