OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Or Maybe This Team Will Make Us Tap Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If the Flyers and Sixers played each other on the road, who would win?

My gut tells me the Flyers would win a hockey game and the Sixers a basketball game. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

My gut tells me the Flyers would win a hockey game and the Sixers a basketball game. But I wouldn’t bet on it.

they'd find a way to tie

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Game would never end. They'd go to a shootout and neither team can make a shot so it goes on forever.

Reactions: Tripod

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Zion is chonk.
Thicc. thicc is the term I would use.

The Sixers are guessing on offense. BB's gotta throw the current offense out and go set heavy from here on out.
The way we execute out of timeouts vs the way we execute on the fly in the half court is night and day.

This team was built to exploit size mismatches but it doesnt do so enough because there arent set roles in the offense.
Thats why you get ice cold JRich passing to Jo at the 3 pt line with 2 seconds on the shot clock down 6.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

The Flyers and Sixers are franchises that continue to spin their wheels.....it is maddening.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Not a basketball expert by any means, but would a coaching change help the Sixers? If so, who is out there?

david blatt, exellent defensive coach, got the cavs to the finals and almost beat the warriors.

im surprised no one in the nba has considered getting him.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Will a coaching change matter if Simmons won't listen to the next coach also?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This "team" is playing like a bunch of individuals. They don't look like they are having much fun....on the court at least. They need some kind of leadership. It's not really coming from the players and they don't seem interested in listening to the coach. I don't know what coach would get this team going....they need something to right the ship quick. Trade Scott for one.....going invisible is just uncalled for.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Assuming a coaching change is not in the works, I think the best move for right now is to move Horford to the backup C spot. He's just not playing anywhere near the level that he's capable of (unless he's fallen off a cliff since last season). I would seriously consider starting Matisse at the 3 when he gets back, that has the added benefit of moving Harris to his natural position of PF. Until Matisse gets back, go with Burke. And I wouldn't rule out both of them in the starting lineup if things don't improve. But I think either of them would improve spacing (for both Embiid and Simmons) and ball movement once you get past the first 7 or so seconds of the shot clock.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Also, we probably should keep in mind what's going on back home...

I have friends in Sydney, the fires haven't gotten in the city but they can see and smell the smoke.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sacramento would be the team that still doesn't understand Kuzma is actively bad.

Contract situation or not, Bogdanovic being on the table at all in that deal is completely absurd.

Reactions: Lotusflower
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad