OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why even post this clown who cant even speak correct on the Eagles when he talks Sixers..unless youre fishing for likes?

I mean it's a conversation piece and this is a message board but...

giphy.webp

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
2011 Philadelphia Phillies.

I would have said that but I was counting that team as more or less the same as the 2008 WS champs, whereas none of Reid's team won. But yeah, that team should have won. I think the 2009 team should have beat the Yankees too. We realistically could have had 3 titles from that era.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
'11 Phillies is the answer. That was a magical summer. Every game I felt we had a chance to win.
No matter what the deficit was I felt we would comeback.

Been to a billion Phillies games and the only time Ive ever almost got kicked out was when I got into a near-fight w a Giants fan (ugh) when he said that team wouldve gotten smoked by any of the dynasty era Giants teams. I had to be held back.

That was in 2015. Im a much calmer man now. Got to see Jeff Francoeur hit a Grand Slam in that game of all things :nod:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
The 2002 team should have been SB champs. They had no business losing to TB in the NFCCG and the Raiders were arguably the worst team to get to the SB up to that point.

Eagles / TB was the Superbowl, basically. That Raiders team would have got spanked by the Eagles.

Reactions: Jack Straw

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The 2002 team should have been SB champs. They had no business losing to TB in the NFCCG and the Raiders were arguably the worst team to get to the SB up to that point.

Bucs win that year was destiny..and as you see we've been paying for it ever since

Reactions: Jack Straw

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thybelle is the best move Brand made, Horford the worst.
I like Horford, but it's like Brand though it was 1999, not 2019.

Thankfully, Horford will come off the bench and play limited minutes with Embiid.
Given Horford's knee and Embiid's lack of stamina, limiting both their minutes will pay dividends, and we have an all star center on the court for 48 minutes.
However, this is not how Brand planned it, wonder how much behind the scenes complaining BB had to do to get Brand to allow him to bench Horford.

Second worse move was resigning Harris, he's a solid player, but a role player who isn't athletic enough to guard the "3" and undersized at PF.
If he was a dead eyed 3 point shooter, you could live with those limitations, but he's basically a solid player but not worth that contract.

I like Korkmaz, but he should be instant offense off the bench, no more, ask too much and his athleticism gets exposed.
Fortunately, "good" Brand got us Robinson and Burks, so Korkmaz can be protected and used correctly.

The one addition this team could use next year is an athletic 6'9 defender, lot's of 6'5, 6'6 types to play the "2" and "3" on defense, but only Simmonds can play the top scoring forwards. Horford isn't quick enough to handle these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->