OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So... they’re gonna strike. I do find it funny that a guy who isn’t even going to play is leading the way.

Edit:
Bold. If this was anyone but Kyrie I’d maybe believe it but he’s a nut job flat earther.

Be interesting to see who's in and who's out and how public opinion impacts that.
Top players on top teams (Lebron, giannis, kawhi) arent gonna want to give up a legit titleshot but public outcry might affect their decision.

Good on those sitting out but i wish somebody other than Kyrie/KD was leading this thing.
Its a good idea to strike but a guy like Kyrie who has minimal to lose careerwise by sitting out shouldnt be the mouthpiece for this thing ideally.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Good for him if he's sincere, but I wonder if his tune would be different if he didn't already get paid most of the season's salary. Baseball or Football players striking for social issues with full or partial pay at risk, would certainly be eye opening.

I wouldn't really blame any player for sitting out the rest of the season for any reason.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I know the Flyers offered refunds for this year, but have they said anything about renewals yet? I’m down to just Eagles tickets, so I really haven’t been paying attention.

We needed to opt out by March 2nd and the first payment was due on March 4th.

They delayed April and May’s payments and pushed that money into the remaining payments. They just hit my CC again on June 1st, so now they’re just trucking along like the world is sunshine and rainbows.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ah, so he’s complaining that players aren’t paid enough? The NBA might be overall the most absurd league contract wise. Bums on the bench are making $10M/yr.

Or is he complaining because the NBA continued to pay out players even though games didn’t happen and now they want more money because in their eyes their working for free? Like we all thought would happen?

Or is it the fact that there’s super max deals and a salary cap? One that he conveniently signed only a year ago and he’s the VP of the PA that ratified the CBA.

Last edited:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Ah, so he’s complaining that players aren’t paid enough? The NBA might be overall the most absurd league contract wise. Bums on the bench are making $10M/yr.

Or is he complaining because the NBA continued to pay out players even though games didn’t happen and now they want more money because in their eyes their working for free? Like we all thought would happen?

Or is it the fact that there’s super max deals and a salary cap? One that he conveniently signed only a year ago and he’s the VP of the PA that ratified the CBA.

His contract pay-out structure is what his AGENT negotiated. If teams have a preference to whether the contract is paid out over 6 months or 12 months then it's usually the Superstars who have more bargaining power. I don't see him saying "I'm getting $20m a year and one of my teammates is only getting $1m. That's to divide us! My salary should be lower and his should be higher to make us equals."

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He's complaining because he's an idiot who just wants to complain.

Flat Earthers man... everything's a conspiracy.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Pelicans, Kings, Wizards, Spurs, Blazers, and Suns should’ve been moved from the Yacht Club to the All-Star Sports Resort. That’s what they’ve earned.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad