OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers Are Taking Their Talents To The Start Of The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
That and the inbound look to Butler.

yes good inbounds. but a pg has much more responsibility than that. Passing does not make a pg. Control of the offense does. Terrible pass to jj which got stolen. The prveious game he made a terrible pass to jj who was forced out of bounds. There is a theme in crunch time that happens with simmons. A player can shoot, pass, or dribble. Simmons picks up his dribble 40 feet from the bucket and is in pass mode, he is so quick to get the ball out of his hands that now the half court offense responsibilities falls on another player. A pg only picks up his dribble, or makes a pass in crunch time when it is the right offense set to get the shot the team wants.

i had a coach , who conveniently was also markelle fultz's coach, who took me out of a game for picking up my dribble 40 feet from the bucket. I soon learned that is a pretty passive way to play offense.

Reactions: Ruck Over

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Also Brett Brown almost killed ya with that shitty play call of “give it to JJ”. Ben did a horrible job staring at JJ trying to get it to him.

Reactions: JXC and Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Simmons absolutely, positively needs to become more active and involved when he doesn’t have the ball in his hands.

He doesn't. The nba is about iso perimeter scoring, pick and roll and catch and shoot 3 point shooters. If you are not one of those 3 you aren't scoring in this league.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Also Brett Brown almost killed ya with that ****ty play call of “give it to JJ”. Ben did a horrible job staring at JJ trying to get it to him.

there is no offensive set in the world which is designed to get jj the ball 40 feet from the bucket, to allow him to beat his man off the dribble.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
there is no offensive set in the world which is designed to get jj the ball 40 feet from the bucket, to allow him to beat his man off the dribble.
I would say yea but it wasn’t only Simmons fault there. JJ checked back towards Simmons who stopped and hesitated before turning it over. There was space there for Simmons to take if farther up but JJ cut back too quickly.

Again though the other big issue is that Brett has the exact same plan each game. Down or tied, give it to JJ first so he can hit a 3. I dont mind it but not every single damn game that the scores are that close.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I would say yea but it wasn’t only Simmons fault there. JJ checked back towards Simmons who stopped and hesitated before turning it over. There was space there for Simmons to take if farther up but JJ cut back too quickly.

Again though the other big issue is that Brett has the exact same plan each game. Down or tied, give it to JJ first so he can hit a 3. I dont mind it but not every single damn game that the scores are that close.

because jj is a limited player. JJ is a great player to set screens for, set a pick and roll for, and kickout too. he is not the guy i want handling the ball 40 feet from the bucket, and if i know this so should the floor general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad