OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are still searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
With TJ to Indiana, they're officially down to Embiid as the last remaining Hinkie player acquisition.
:_ (

Edit, it occurred post Hinkie, but I'd include Ben in there as well. It was obvious Hinkie was aiming for a high pick by being bad, and he was the obvious selection, regardless of any Ingram noise. Colonjello doesn't get credit for making that pick, and it was the Sixers natural selection- thank you lottery ballz.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Comes down to the kids, if Bolden, Z Smith, Milton and the rookie can step up, they're deeper than last year.
They'll miss Butler's mental toughness but the kids now have two playoff runs under their belts.
They'll miss Reddick's 3 point shooting but not his defense.

Quinn is better than Boban and buried deeper on the bench.
Richardson is a young version of Butler, less talented but more upside (still improving whereas Butler is going to be a question mark from now on, as his body breaks down).

Monroe, McConnell, Simmons won't be missed.
Ennis and Scott are back.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Hello, sports radio here in DC said that they thought the Sixers have gotten better overall.

Is this true? Is it a fact? Was that guy stupid? Should I beat him up?
I think their regular season win total will be higher than it has in a while. The playoffs will be interesting, losing Butler is hard, but more responsibility from Harris and Richardson continuing to develop will help, and Horford being such a smart player with the ball will help mitigate that loss.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Not that I am devastated over losing TJ, but I'm really confused as to what the hell Brand is doing with the back up PG spot. They are down to veteran minimum spots and there is very little available on the free agent market. Having had TJ's bird rights they could have easily given him more than the deal he got from Indiana. Hopefully Brand has a plan because just handing over the spot to Milton without competition is extremely risky for a team on the verge of contending for a championship.

As for Korver, I am glad they are in the mix, getting him would be HUGE. Come back ''home'' where it all started Kyle.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->