OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are still searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I don't normally get very attached to athletes, but I'll be miffed if Butler leaves.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
The superfan with the custom Raptors 2019 NBA Champs turban is legend. :laugh:

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I don't normally get very attached to athletes, but I'll be miffed if Butler leaves.
It would be a hard loss for sure, there aren't many players that fit the bill how he does: Secondary ball handler, secondary play maker, hardly turns the ball over, efficient 20 ppg scorer, versatile defender (though not as good as he used to be). I'll be expecting him back, it would defy all logic if he left.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I left the city yesterday on a trip to Europe and honestly I’m pretty happy with the timing.

Just read that there was a shooting at Nathan Phillips Square during the celebration.
Yeah apparently a woman was shot. All it takes is 1 idiot.

Kawhi had a nice laugh to end his speech and they all lost it laughing.

Update: 2 people shot, not life threatening. They arrested 2 people with 2 firearms. Idiots.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah apparently a woman was shot. All it takes is 1 idiot.

Kawhi had a nice laugh to end his speech and they all lost it laughing.

Update: 2 people shot, not life threatening. They arrested 2 people with 2 firearms. Idiots.
Imagine the outrage if this happened after a Philly championship parade.

Imagine

Reactions: Tripod

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Here's my tiered list. I don't do writeups, but am happy to discuss anyone. I might have minor movement within the tiers through Thursday if I get a chance to do some more review. The list is system/need agnostic. I do not factor in current injuries or off the court issues because I am not qualified to do so.

1. Zion Williamson

2. Jarrett Culver
3. Brandon Clarke
4. Ja Morant
5. Jaxson Hayes
6. Goga Bitadze
7. RJ Barrett
8. Grant Williams
9. Chuma Okeke
10. PJ Washington

11. Jontay Porter
12. Darius Garland
13. Coby White
14. Bol Bol
15. De'andre Hunter
16. Talen Horton-Tucker
17. Nic Claxton

18. Kevin Porter Jr
19. Sekou Doumbouya
20. Shamorie Ponds
21. Matisse Thybulle
22. Tyler Herro
23. Terence Davis
24. Romeo Langford
25. Deividas Sirvydas
26. Cam Reddish
27. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
28. Ty Jerome

28. DaQuan Jeffries
29. Alen Smailagic
30. Cameron Johnson
31. Carsen Edwards
32. Iggy Brazdeikis
33. Keldon Johnson
34. Jordan Poole
35. John Konchar
36. Nassir Little

No, I did not forget Rui Hachimura is in the draft.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Nice work. Compared to mine, I have K. Johnson and Jerome a bit higher and your 16-18 guys lower. Other than that it looks quite similar. I'll post a screen shot of mine in the next few days.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Here's my tiered list. I don't do writeups, but am happy to discuss anyone. I might have minor movement within the tiers through Thursday if I get a chance to do some more review. The list is system/need agnostic. I do not factor in current injuries or off the court issues because I am not qualified to do so.

1. Zion Williamson

2. Jarrett Culver
3. Brandon Clarke
4. Ja Morant
5. Jaxson Hayes
6. Goga Bitadze
7. RJ Barrett
8. Grant Williams
9. Chuma Okeke
10. PJ Washington

11. Jontay Porter
12. Darius Garland
13. Coby White
14. Bol Bol
15. De'andre Hunter
16. Talen Horton-Tucker
17. Nic Claxton

18. Kevin Porter Jr
19. Sekou Doumbouya
20. Shamorie Ponds
21. Matisse Thybulle
22. Tyler Herro
23. Terence Davis
24. Romeo Langford
25. Deividas Sirvydas
26. Cam Reddish
27. Nickeil Alexander-Walker
28. Ty Jerome

28. DaQuan Jeffries
29. Alen Smailagic
30. Cameron Johnson
31. Carsen Edwards
32. Iggy Brazdeikis
33. Keldon Johnson
34. Jordan Poole
35. John Konchar
36. Nassir Little

No, I did not forget Rui Hachimura is in the draft.
How's the draft class overall Jojo?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nice work. Compared to mine, I have K. Johnson and Jerome a bit higher and your 16-18 guys lower. Other than that it looks quite similar. I'll post a screen shot of mine in the next few days.

I'm really not confident in my KPJ evaluation. I want to put him lower, but I have to acknowledge there's upside.

My problem with Keldon is that while I like the shot, I don't see much else that makes him a guy you actively want on the court.

I would buy him potentially being a solid individual defender on bigger, slower wings and I believe in his ability to finish going to the rim in the NBA because that floater is flat out great. He just hasn't shown the ability to consistently impact the game in other ways even at the NCAA level.

How's the draft class overall Jojo?

Not good at the top, but I think I'm going to like a good bit of the late 1st/early 2nd values relative to draft position.

Reactions: Chinatown88

jec6

Jan 20, 2017
is there anybody in the 16 - 20 range that would be worth moving from 24 to get?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
The worst opinion i've ever had was "trading Covington, Saric and Fultz for a malcontent who quit on his team and would leave after a year would ruin the process". And hell, Kawhi could still leave Toronto. But that trade for them was still clearly worth it.

Sixers fans seem to be going through some crazy-ass "what if" scenarios where that quad-bounce doesn't go in, and that somehow means the Sixers win the title this year? Uh, no. They would still have to make it through OT, and the Bucks, and the Warriors. Matchups aren't always the same between teams. Just because the Raptors handled them doesn't mean the Sixers could've. That being said, if they make that deal - RoCo, Saric, Fultz, a couple 1st round picks for Kawhi - then i do think they end up winning it all this year. Now that's a "what if" scenario that makes me depressed.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sixers would have had to trade Simmons to get Kawhi…...

Should they have made that bold move for a 1 yr rental for a better shot at the Championship....prolly.

Sixers with a healthy and more mature Embiid would have beaten the Raptors and gotten past the Bucks IMO....

I think even the Raptors would admit as much and Green said the Sixers presented a lot of match up problems. Our bench sucked though but our starters with Embiid not acting like Mike Richards were formidable.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

Should they have made that bold move for a 1 yr rental for a better shot at the Championship....prolly.

Sixers with a healthy and more mature Embiid would have beaten the Raptors and gotten past the Bucks IMO....

I think even the Raptors would admit as much and Green said the Sixers presented a lot of match up problems. Our bench sucked though but our starters with Embiid not acting like Mike Richards were formidable.

That was the Spurs' original ask.

It came out later that they eventually asked for the package i listed in my previous post. The Sixers' brass were shooting down any offer that requested Fultz coming the other way.

Hindsight!

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

In hindsight, yes. At the time NOBODY would have been ok with trading Simmons for Leonard. People expected Simmons to improve a lot more than he did this year, and nobody knew that Durant and Thompson would have a shredded achilles and ACL in the playoffs. I guess that's why sometimes you have to be willing to take risks in sports. The Raptors did and the stars aligned for them to win a championship. Even if Leonard leaves the trade is a massive all time win for them based on the championship.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That was the Spurs' original ask.

It came out later that they eventually asked for the package i listed in my previous post. The Sixers' brass were shooting down any offer that requested Fultz coming the other way.

Hindsight!

I have never heard this before. The Spurs specifically wanting no part of Fultz under any circumstances was from Lowe, who’s as reliable as it gets.

They did supposedly like Saric.

Reactions: Carter Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad