OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are searching for answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Other than some plays I made on Toronto in Game 5, the vacation fund enjoyed this series quite a bit. Betting against perceived juggernauts is the best.

Two weeks with nothing to focus on but the draft sounds good to me, but now I guess I have to figure out what I think of Carsen Edwards. There are a lot more Trae Young style positive predictive shooting indicators than you might guess, but I still don't love him.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Other than some plays I made on Toronto in Game 5, the vacation fund enjoyed this series quite a bit. Betting against perceived juggernauts is the best.

Two weeks with nothing to focus on but the draft sounds good to me, but now I guess I have to figure out what I think of Carsen Edwards. There are a lot more Trae Young style positive predictive shooting indicators than you might guess, but I still don't love him.

I can't stand that guy :laugh: Is that who you think the Sixers will be looking at?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Yep, guess it's time for draft talk.

Carsen Edwards is my guy. Dude has "future 6MOTY" written all over him, and he'd given them something they haven't gotten out of a PG in years: pure scoring.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I hope Brand is keeping an eye on how this develops. Russell could be a nice addition, especially if Butler leaves.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
With KD and now Klay both hurt, I would expect the Butler and Harris market to grow. Not sure what the Sixers will do if they lose both, they are already hurting on trade assets. Sign and trade just to get something back?

Yeah this is a drawback...their value just went up. I don't think Butler sticks around...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I actually think it's a good trade for both teams. The Lakers get the best player in the deal and move two young players whose confidence is probably shot playing in LA with James. NO gets two young players with a lot of upside and the 4th overall pick to add to Zion.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
No way this trade gets done unless NO has Zion incoming.
Lakers moved up in the draft and got the exact dominoes to fall otherwise to bring in Davis.

...theres a long argument about changing the draft lottery odds thats necessary but wont be addressed because the word tanking is sacrosanct

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So LeBron, Klay, Westbrook, CP3, Dame, and Davis are in Space Jam 2. Davis can work on his movie career in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad