OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Random missive on Brown- in the post game interview he appeared to have a reverse mullet. Party in the front with unkept hair sticking up all over the place, and well groomed in the back of his head manicured and laying flat.

Also, i preferred Coach Brown with some facial hair. With this clean shaven look, he's got a razor thin margin with me to have blunders as a coach- tactical, implementation, etc. Beard presence equals wisdom obtained, science.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Another year of people not appreciating Brown. Sweet.

In the last 2+ years, he's had to design offenses for 4 wildly different rosters, while also making significant ground-up defensive changes multiple times all with zero bench or margin for error, being under constant bombardment from some clueless media members, and a star who can be unavailable at the drop of a hat.

If you don't see it by now, you're a dope. Sorry. Buy a book and learn something.

And that goes doubly for Dougie P.
Yes f***in sir

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Buy a book and learn something.

Is there a book about the wisdom of running a motionless offense that results in a well-covered 7 foot center throwing up a hurried 3 pointer from 26 feet out as the shot clock expires in a critical possession with 15 seconds remaining in a close game?

I’ll check Amazon :rolleyes:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Another year of people not appreciating Brown. Sweet.

In the last 2+ years, he's had to design offenses for 4 wildly different rosters, while also making significant ground-up defensive changes multiple times all with zero bench or margin for error, being under constant bombardment from some clueless media members, and a star who can be unavailable at the drop of a hat.

If you don't see it by now, you're a dope. Sorry. Buy a book and learn something.

And that goes doubly for Dougie P.

Does Calvin and Hobbes count? I learn some philosophy in there.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Is there a book about the wisdom of running a motionless offense that results in a well-covered 7 foot center throwing up a hurried 3 pointer from 26 feet out as the shot clock expires in a critical possession with 15 seconds remaining in a close game?

Start with something on sampling statistics.

Does Calvin and Hobbes count? I learn some philosophy in there.

Always, my friend. Growing old and crusty and forgetting how to enjoy yourself should be avoided at all costs.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Captain Dave Poulin said:
This is the worst thing I have ever seen. You have lost the internet.

Hold my beer.

... Growing old and crusty and forgetting how to enjoy yourself should be avoided at all costs.

What if one has grown old, and become crusty, because they were enjoying oneself?

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Harris just has to shoot his way out of this. He's the best shooter on the team. I'm more concerned with him hesitating to pull the trigger at times (especially vs Boston) than I am with the ball going in right now.

I'm more than fine with going Burke or Neto as a matchup-dependent decision. I'm also concerned with the way the Minutes are going to add up over the course of the season if they're DNP-CDs every night.

It's not just Richardson playing X Minutes, it's the cascade effect of now not having any Wing depth forcing Harris into playing 38 tonight. Just getting 12 from those two a night relives so much rotational pressure.
One of the early season revelations for me has been JRich at point.
He's done better there than I could have hoped this early.
Im a big proponent of getting your reluctant shotcreators (Simmons) feet wet by simply giving them the ball and easing them into that role naturally.
Our wing depth is a problem but I have no problem riding Kork thru the 1st half of this season to see if something clicks before you make a decision on him.
Shouldve went harder trying to get Terrence Ross in the Fultz deal but then we dont have Thybulle.

Jo led the league in post-ups per game last year.
Pace of the game makes it seem like less so.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
One of the early season revelations for me has been JRich at point.
He's done better there than I could have hoped this early.
Im a big proponent of getting your reluctant shotcreators (Simmons) feet wet by simply giving them the ball and easing them into that role naturally.
Our wing depth is a problem but I have no problem riding Kork thru the 1st half of this season to see if something clicks before you make a decision on him.

If you think there's anything at all in Korkmaz still, I think that's perfectly reasonable. I just happen to not see it.

I've liked what Richardson has done too and by the time the playoffs are here, he's going to be doing this. I just want him to be as fresh as possible for when they get there.

Reactions: Ruck Over and SnS

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thybelle is certain for real defensively, once he actually learns what he's doing, could be the first 6th man to win DPOY.
He's that disruptive, has guarded Walker and Young and held his own.

Offensively he's an adventure right now, but I like how BB has given him the green light, better to lose a game or two in the first half developing your bench and have them ready for a 2nd half run and a playoff push.

Korkmaz is improved, but has to hit the 3 consistently to stay on the court, his defense will struggle to get to "average."

Milton is a shame, was looking like a legitimate scoring threat off the bench.

Zhaire will return in the spring, right now he's playing catch up after losing his rookie season while moving from college PF to NBA guard.

Reactions: JXC

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013

Best Defensive Player in the World.
Gobert is 2nd but there's a gap when you consider Jo is the number 1 option on offense for his team as well.
I would not have guessed that.
3's are easier to get in volume so when they go up they go up in bunches.
Post ups are harder to set up and harder to convert with Adam Silver era rules.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
I would not have guessed that.
This was bothering me so I looked it up and I have to make a correction.

Jo was #2 in postups per game. 1st in Points per Possession.
Aldridge on the Spurs was 1st in postups per game.

Long story short, BB does his best to put Jo in positions to use his size effectively even if duing the course of a game it might not always seem that way.

Reactions: Here4ThaList
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->