OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's a ****ing home game, what are they thinking

Without getting political and I’m not defending the Sixers in any shape or form...

I am assuming that they would do this for anyone that is in the stadium making a political statement or something similar. It’s not simply just because they supported Hong Kong and they were playing a Chinese team.

It’s not a good look regardless though.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I also am a ketchup and mayo kinda cheesesteak guy. If this is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Aside, I heard about the salmon cheesesteak some time ago and it was heavily on my mind, the absurdness of it was fascinating. Went to Lee's deli on Balt Ave, it was a fantastic sandwich, they include shrimp for 'the works'. No ketchup or mayo added, but there extra fixings. Gotta look for them in West, North, Germantown areas. Doubtful they'll be in CC or South.
Yes f***ing sir ketchup and mayo is my go-to

Reactions: Ruck Over

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Obviously China is pissed off but I guess Silver is holding out hoping it passes over & he doesn’t have to piss his base in America (if Morey is the sacrificial lamb in all this).

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Sixers Orlando game isnt being televised but I have a stream so PM me I'll try to respond quickly.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Tuesday's game should be televised vs Detroit..hope to catch most of it before the Flyers game. So Simmons got 3 pts last game in 20mins. Doesn't look like he learned much this summer so far...

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
This squad is going to mercy rule teams.

I feel like I want to do a poll “In how many of their 82 regular season games this year will the 76ers be outrebounded?” because I think it may wind up being fewer than fifteen.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...r-had-tense-meeting-lakers-nets-players-china

NBA commissioner Adam Silver held a tense meeting with players from the Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Lakers last week when he arrived in Shanghai, sources told ESPN's Rachel Nichols.

During the meeting, sources said, several prominent players voiced frustration about their perception that they were being put in the middle of the dispute between the NBA and China, and they said they were unhappy about being asked to address the situation by local Chinese reporters before Silver himself was scheduled to do so.

The relationship between the league and China was disrupted after Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey tweeted in support of anti-government protesters in Hong Kong on Oct. 4. Morey later deleted the tweet and apologized. Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta denounced the tweet and said the Rockets were "not a political organization" and that Morey did not speak for the team.

During the meeting with the players, sources said, Silver was directly asked whether anything would happen to Morey, as several players said they believed that if a player had cost the NBA millions of dollars because of a tweet, there would be repercussions.

giphy.webp

Keep being "woke" NBA players but your true colors are showing.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Single mothers working 2 jobs just to make ends meet. I wonder how they sleep at night? Who cares, these athletes need more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad