Teemu Selanne number retirement is tonight

Luca

Nov 22, 2006
number retirement should be reserved for players that play their whole career in same team. Not dudes who signs stacked teams.

Oct 18, 2011
number retirement should be reserved for players that play their whole career in same team. Not dudes who signs stacked teams.
so basically mario lemieux and steve yzerman are the only players who should ever get their numbers retired?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

Possibly the worst idea I have ever heard in this site. That's saying a lot.

Jul 22, 2012

This ridiculous post is going to derail this thread :shakehead T'is a shame.

Tonight is going to be special. The feels are already approaching.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
i'll be sitting in front of the computer, watching from NYC, with tears in my eyes. possibly sobbing. that man is one of my hockey heroes.

well deserved, Teemu. #TeemuForever

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Why? Number retirement is about loyalty and it should be rare event.

It does not need explanation. Gretzky got his jersey retired at Edmonton. (League wide also, but that is another discussion) Was it not warranted?

How about Joe Sakic? Peter Forsberg? Bobby Orr? Gordie Howe? Guy Lafleur? Patrick Roy?

How about Hasek at 13th day?

What should people do with Messier? Kurri? Esposito?

Selanne did not decide to leave the Jets nor did he decide to leave the Ducks the first time. During his career he was more than loyal to the Ducks.

You are talking out of your ass.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
For anyone in Canada TSN3 will be broadcasting the ceremonies as part of the Jets pre-game show at 8pm EST. Pre-game shows are not under regional blackout restrictions so anyone can watch.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Selanne was traded (LeBrun actually had an article about him last night, he was told by WPG's owners he'd be staying with them in the move down south) and he didn't even want to leave the Jets. Not his choice.

He spent 15 of his 21 seasons with the Ducks.

Speaking Of.....

020413Teemu325.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptnM8KZwleg

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Winnipeg better do something special for Teemu too! I want to see them announce that they will build a bronze statue of Teemu in Winnipeg or something like that. :nod:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My boss gave me 1 of her tickets, so i get to go now! Now i just have to prepare myself to not cry in public :shakehead .

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I've had this one circled all season. Can't wait to be there. Fully deserved, and anyone who says otherwise knows nothing about his relationship with the franchise.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this is going to be quite something to take in

been waiting for this day all season long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->