Ansar Khan: Teemu Pulkkinen waived (claimed by Wild)

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Why bother, even if he can go straight to GR? He's not an NHL player, and it's clear he's long since lost any trade value he might've had. Let him go back to Europe. We sat on our metaphorical hands too long.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Right, but if he does make it back to us I don't see any of the teams that finished ahead of us last year grabbing him.

So..

Washington, Dallas, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, Florida, LA, NYR, NYI, San Jose, TB, Philly, Nashville

Pretty hard to see anyone taking him. He would be a nice add to GR but at this point he's not making the Wings and won't have any value in a trade so is it even worth the extremely minimal risk?

If KH had a time machine so we could go back and trade Mantha/Pulks two years ago...

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Why bother, even if he can go straight to GR? He's not an NHL player, and it's clear he's long since lost any trade value he might've had. Let him go back to Europe. We sat on our metaphorical hands too long.

Well, he's signed for this year in North America, at least. He can help out in GR, plus you never know with injuries. He could always be called up.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Throw him back in the sea. He does not have a future here and it is time for both sides to move on.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well, he's signed for this year in North America, at least. He can help out in GR, plus you never know with injuries. He could always be called up.

Idk, the off chance someone else claims him and forces us to send down AA doesn't make it worth it. He's been passed up by too many young guys. I'm still wondering how the Jurco situation is going to unfold.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Isn't it a bit of a telling that another team waived him?

Yes, but some people want to believe any prospect should have value, even ones that have proved nothing at the NHL level. There were plenty of other players waived by other teams, some of whom were first round picks, that went unclaimed.

It does say something about Detroit's prospects when many of them get claimed off waivers. Opposing teams like that these players have spent time in Detroit's system and are more "NHL ready" than most other young players on waivers. They're willing to give them a chance, at least.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'd welcome Pookie back to GR with open arms

Why? He has no NHL future, and I'm unaware of any leadership qualities he has that would make him a valuable addition to the farm. And, IIRC, he was fairly disgruntled with still being in GR the last time he was there.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He'll make more money in the AHL than in Europe, so I don't think he would mind going to GR. And the Wings clearly said they definitely would have wanted to keep him in GR had he passed through the first time around.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
He'll make more money in the AHL than in Europe, so I don't think he would mind going to GR. And the Wings clearly said they definitely would have wanted to keep him in GR had he passed through the first time around.

Really? Seriously asking.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Really? Seriously asking.

“We hope he doesn’t get claimed and it would give him a chance to go down and play,†Blashill said. “He hasn’t played much over the last year. I don’t think his game is at where it will be once he gets playing again.

“If he’s able to clear and goes down to Grand Rapids, it would be a great thing for him. He’s excited about getting a chance to get playing so he can put his best foot forward.â€

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...d-wings-put-teemu-pulkkinen-waivers/91856396/

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yes, but some people want to believe any prospect should have value, even ones that have proved nothing at the NHL level. There were plenty of other players waived by other teams, some of whom were first round picks, that went unclaimed.

It does say something about Detroit's prospects when many of them get claimed off waivers. Opposing teams like that these players have spent time in Detroit's system and are more "NHL ready" than most other young players on waivers. They're willing to give them a chance, at least.

So far at this season:

Teemu Pulkkinen, 8 games, 1+0=1 points, 4 shots, -1, 9:09 mins of avg IT
Andrej Nestrasil, 3 games, 0+1=1 points, 4 shots, -3, 11:16 of avg IT
Martin Frk, 2 games, 0+0=0 points, 1 shot, -3, 8:20 of avg IT
Landon Ferraro, in AHL

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So far at this season:

Teemu Pulkkinen, 8 games, 1+0=1 points, 4 shots, -1, 9:09 mins of avg IT
Andrej Nestrasil, 3 games, 0+1=1 points, 4 shots, -3, 11:16 of avg IT
Martin Frk, 2 games, 0+0=0 points, 1 shot, -3, 8:20 of avg IT
Landon Ferraro, in AHL
So much talent lost.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If we put in a claim and nobody else does we can just assign him to Grand Rapids. He can help down there, not sure why we would let him go to Iowa.

But if someone does then we do. Mantha is tearing the A up, AA is playing well now too, and Bert is more versatile. You really think it's worth risking sending AA down so we can have Pulks ride pine just to have him on the Griffs? Teemu isn't a part of our future I have no problem with him being in the A and I wouldn't care if we do claim him - but I wouldn't do it even though I don't think he'll be claimed.

Something is already gonna have to happen to this roster when we get players back from injury.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
But if someone does then we do. Mantha is tearing the A up, AA is playing well now too, and Bert is more versatile. You really think it's worth risking sending AA down so we can have Pulks ride pine just to have him on the Griffs? Teemu isn't a part of our future I have no problem with him being in the A and I wouldn't care if we do claim him - but I wouldn't do it.

Something is already gonna have to happen to this roster when we get players back from injury.

The point is we would make clear we are claiming him to place him in the AHL.

I am not sure Pulkkinen will get claimed in this go round. I would rather him be playing in Grand Rapids than for another team in our division at that level.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Do griffins really need that much help? I'd hate to think Pulkkie who is not in our long term plan taking up ice time pp time and what not from some of our players.

Also Pulkkie is not playing for free and money doesn't really grow on tree. Why pay him if we dont need to?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Wouldn't he easily make more money in the khl? Pulks to me is a tweeter type player too good for the ahl not good enough for the NHL. He'd probably score a lot of goals and make money in the khl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad