Speculation: Teemu Hartikainen Signs With Ufa (KHL)

Oiler11

Oct 6, 2006
What MacT did was fine if he was running a taco stand but he's running a $100M business.

If you're selling your truck you don't say "it sucks gas, it's noisy, the stereo is crap and my wife hates it" you say "it's got beastly power and it starts on the first turn at -30. I don't need a heavy duty truck anymore because I have a crew of guys who do all my gruntwork for me, I'm going to get a little F-150 or a Prius."

MacT needs to say **** like "We feel like Teemu is on his way to becoming an impact player and the opportunity for him to develop properly isn't here for him right now because of the logjam of talent we have up front right now. This is a great opportunity for him and we look forward to seeing him back in Edmonton".

Haha. Like the opposite GM's would actually give MacT's glowing praise any credence at all. "I know my scouting staff said he's soft and inconsistent, but jeez, Mact says he's an impact player...". Give me a break. MacT isn't going to lie to these guys, these guys with their own scouts and opinions. Your analogy breaks down because the buyers have already had a mechanic inspect the truck for themselves. So you can go on and on about beastly power, but then they just know you're a liar, and won't deal with you again.

I don't want a used car salesman for the GM of my team, I guess you do.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
What MacT did was fine if he was running a taco stand but he's running a $100M business.

If you're selling your truck you don't say "it sucks gas, it's noisy, the stereo is crap and my wife hates it" you say "it's got beastly power and it starts on the first turn at -30. I don't need a heavy duty truck anymore because I have a crew of guys who do all my gruntwork for me, I'm going to get a little F-150 or a Prius."

MacT needs to say **** like "We feel like Teemu is on his way to becoming an impact player and the opportunity for him to develop properly isn't here for him right now because of the logjam of talent we have up front right now. This is a great opportunity for him and we look forward to seeing him back in Edmonton".

Your analogy is terrible. You don't like MacT and just have an axe to grind.

I look forward to more fire MacT threads

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Teemu isn't good offensively or defensively...very overrated around these parts.

Yeah, I tend to agree. He just kinda floats around the ice and hits things from time to time. His hockey IQ seems very low. Maybe he can improve that. We'll see.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad