Ted Nolan's ruining our chances of finishing 30th Season Ticket holders to jump ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeasonTicketHolder

Feb 25, 2015
Longtime season ticket holder who can't believe that Ted Nolan is still coaching the Sabres during our supposed tank mode down the stretch. :shakehead He has a well known history of getting the most out of his players and has the Sabres believing that it's us against the world which has resulted in the teams recent success. I don't understand why Tim Murray hasn't replaced him for our stretch run especially since he's not in Murray's plans going forward after this season. All the talk in between periods at the games recently revolves around whether we as season ticket holders will jump ship at the end of the season if the Sabres fail to land McDavid or Eichel. We have invested in this team and have taken a bath trying to sell the tickets to the games that we aren't able to go to. There's a long list of season ticket holders that I know that won't renew if they don't finish their plan. Nobody wants to invest in a losing proposition.:help:

internet toughguy

Dec 16, 2009
Richmond, VA
Longtime season ticket holder who can't believe that Ted Nolan is still coaching the Sabres during our supposed tank mode down the stretch. :shakehead He has a well known history of getting the most out of his players and has the Sabres believing that it's us against the world which has resulted in the teams recent success. I don't understand why Tim Murray hasn't replaced him for our stretch run especially since he's not in Murray's plans going forward after this season. All the talk in between periods at the games recently revolves around whether we as season ticket holders will jump ship at the end of the season if the Sabres fail to land McDavid or Eichel. We have invested in this team and have taken a bath trying to sell the tickets to the games that we aren't able to go to. There's a long list of season ticket holders that I know that won't renew if they don't finish their plan. Nobody wants to invest in a losing proposition.:help:

As a B&G waitlist member in the low 800s, I approve of this.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It's probably a combination of things leading to the conclusion but Nolan appears to be resigned to the fact he won't be around much longer:

1. He was the incumbent and wasn't hired by Murray;
2. Putting the lack of talent to work with aside, the specialty teams appear to have no clue or strategic plan on how to operate;
3. His bias towards certain players has become obvious - both negative and positive - and doesn't seem in sync with the players Murray likes;
4. The quotes Nolan made at time of Kane trade sounded speculative;
5. His quotes in past week about Pysyk and Neuvirth, contrasted against Murray's words in the WGR interviews, ring with frustration.

Just a hunch but Murray likely understands the public popularity Nolan has and that the negativity of firing him during the season would trigger a worse atmosphere than if it happens in the offseason when hockey's less on the radar, players are dispersed around the world and under the bigger mantra of organizational changes across the board.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Longtime season ticket holder who can't believe that Ted Nolan is still coaching the Sabres during our supposed tank mode down the stretch. :shakehead He has a well known history of getting the most out of his players and has the Sabres believing that it's us against the world which has resulted in the teams recent success. I don't understand why Tim Murray hasn't replaced him for our stretch run especially since he's not in Murray's plans going forward after this season. :

If Murray wants to finish 30th, why would he replace Nolan, whose team is not only last in the standings, but in 30th in every major statistical category besides penalty killing?

Besides, Arizona has Dave Tippett, who's a much better coach than Nolan.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

Ted Nolan is a mediocre coach and he's not getting any more wins out of this roster than his replacement would.

Nolan is a man who once rode the coat tails of the greatest goaltender of all-time, at the peak of his career, to a division title, in a year when the rest of the division was terrible. As a result he won a Jack Adams and seemingly an undying reputation in Buffalo as some miracle-working genius motivational coach.

Ted Nolan is not the problem here. Firing Ted Nolan wouldn't help the tank - it would probably make the team better.

Clock

May 13, 2006
If you want to complain about not losing, do it in the tank thread, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad