Ted Nolan Close to Deal With Toros

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckstrike2k

Jun 14, 2004
Millbrook, NY
I'm glad to hear it. I don't understand why no NHL team would want this guy running their bench? :dunno: I mean he took Buffalo of all teams to the cup finals. :amazed: Hopefully he'll do well enough in the WHA to earn another NHL gig.

Blue_and_White

Jul 20, 2004
I don't understand why any NHL team has picked him up after all this time. Leafs should have got rid of Quinn and picked him up.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
puckstrike2k said:
I'm glad to hear it. I don't understand why no NHL team would want this guy running their bench? :dunno: I mean he took Buffalo of all teams to the cup finals. :amazed: Hopefully he'll do well enough in the WHA to earn another NHL gig.

Ummm... no.

Lindy Ruff took the team to the Conf. Finals and then to the Finals.

Blue_and_White said:
I don't understand why any NHL team has picked him up after all this time. Leafs should have got rid of Quinn and picked him up.

He's turned down at least one headcoaching offer (Tampa) in the last 5 years, so he has no one to blame for his unemployment but himself.

Blue_and_White

Jul 20, 2004
Didn't he not take that the job in Tampa because of something with his family? I think I remember hearing it was because he didn't want to move his family there, but I'm not sure. I guess he was hoping for a coaching position closer to home, like Toronto.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Blue_and_White said:
Didn't he not take that the job in Tampa because of something with his family? I think I remember hearing it was because he didn't want to move his family there, but I'm not sure. I guess he was hoping for a coaching position closer to home, like Toronto.

I think recently he said he isn't interested in coaching jobs far out of the area.

ej_pens

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Blue_and_White said:
I don't understand why any NHL team has picked him up after all this time.

Easy. He hasn't done anything to deserve a shot. Ted seems to think that he is owed a job in the NHL and hasn't really done anything since he was dumped to prove to NHL GM's that he deserves another shot.

What he should have done was taken a job as an AHL coach or an NHL assistant (like almost all coaches that get 2nd (and 3rd) chances do).

Oh and a blind monkey could have done as good of a job as Nolan did with those Buffalo teams with the way Hasek was playing in goal for them.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Blue_and_White said:

This is true however he shouldn't go on shows or give interviews about how he is blacklisted if a team has offered him a job.

Beggers can't be choosers.

Badger Bob

ej_pens said:
Oh and a blind monkey could have done as good of a job as Nolan did with those Buffalo teams with the way Hasek was playing in goal for them.

Not as much as Lindy Ruff. Ted Nolan had to ride Steve Shields in the playoffs one year. Hasek was too busy hanging out at Frank Musil's pad in Ottawa. Long-time Sabres fans will recall what Hasek did to Jim Kelley after being asked about the condition of the groin injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad