Teams that need Goalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Although they always draft a goalie, the Hawks have Thibault, Anderson, Leighton, Crawford, Brodeur, Ayers, Berkhoel. Not thinking that goalie is a priority especially on a team that's some time away. Vancouver & Ottawa are close enough to make a move though.

Old Hickory

THe Kings need goalie prospects in the worst way. I hope they take at least 2 this year.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
GaryU said:
Although they always draft a goalie, the Hawks have Thibault, Anderson, Leighton, Crawford, Brodeur, Ayers, Berkhoel. Not thinking that goalie is a priority especially on a team that's some time away. Vancouver & Ottawa are close enough to make a move though.

Ottawa got their goalie for the future and quite possibly the present and that is Ray Emery.

Here's some teams that I now think could pick a goalie:
Phoenix, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Chicago, Toronto, and St. Louis

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Mat0109 said:
Anaheim: Giguere, Gerber and Bryzgalov(they need a depth goalie with gerber most likely traded)That leaves Fehri with no one in the AHL.
Atlanta: Nurminen, Lehtonen, Garnett (probably don't need a goalie but in late rounds why not take a project with high dividends with a last pick)
Boston: Raycroft, Toivonen. (Need Depth goalies mabe a vetern would be better)
Buffalo: Biron, Noronen, Miller ( One will be traded...Need a prospect as Magers and Weber won't be there starting in the future.)
Calgary: Kiprusoff, Turek, Medvedev, Krahn, Sabourin, McElhinny ( dont really need any....maybe a late round project
Carolina: Weekes, Irbe and Ward(another solid goalie prospect needed as Desrochers, Zepp and Manzato wont do much in the future.) i'd say 2nd-5th rounder
Chicago: Thibault, Lieghton, Anderson, Brodeur, Berkhoel, Myers, Crawford, Munro (no goalie needed with a solid starter and 3 young ones to step in behind him...Leighton IMO is the future starter)
Colorado: Aebischer, Sauve, Budaj, Lawson (young and talented but another strong prospect wouldnt hurt at all)
Columbus: Leclaire, Denis, Penner ( vetern for AHL would b appropriate as well as another prospect)
Dallas: Turco, Bacashihua, Ellis, Stephan, Smith (no one really needed as one could be second fiddle to Turks)
Detroit: Joseph, Legace, Macdonald, Liv, Howard, McIntyre (no one really needed but a project i guess)
Edmonton: Conklin, Markenenm, Drouin-Deslauriers, Morrison (could use another prospect)
Florida: Luongo, Lajeunesse (could use a vetern backup as well as 1-2 prospects to replenish the system.)
Los Angeles: Cechmanek, Huet, Zaba, Munce (wouldnt put money on any of these goalies so a blue chipper is needed and maybe even one later in the draft)
Minnesota: Roloson, Fernandez and Holmqvist, Harding (could use another prospect with manny possibly gone)
Montreal: Theodore, Garon, Damphousse, Danis, Halak (another one prospect would be suitable)
Nashville: Vokoun, Lasak, Finley, Lassila (back up probably is what is needed)
New Jersey: Brodeur, Clemmenson, Ahonen(draft a late rounder)
Islanders: DiPietro and Dubielewick(Prospect needed farm isnt looking to great)
Rangers: Dunham, Blackburn, Lunqvist Labarbera(No one really needed here)
Ottawa: Lalime, Prusek and Emery(coudl is a solid prospect incase emery doesnt work)
Philadelphia: Buckler, Esche and Nittymaki, Trembly (could use a prospect not a rush on that tho)
Phoenix: Boucher, Johnson, Leneveu, Bierk(a solid propect would be a welcome addition)
Pittsburgh: Caron, Chiodo and Fleury (no one really needed)
St.Louis: Sanford, Divis, Barbulin, Rudkowski (could use another prospect)
San Jose: Nabokov Toskala Kotyk Schafer Erlacher (no one needed)
Tampa Bay: Khabibulin, Grahame and Konstantinov, Eklund (need some more for the farm)
Toronto: Tellqvist and Centomo (could use someone like dubnyk)
Vancouver: Cloutier, Auld(need some better prospects in net)
Washington: Kolzig, Ouellet and Stana, Daignualt (The Caps have their goalies for the future!)

thats just my quick list of what is needed or not needed...some wont agree probably

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Mat0109 said:
Edmonton: Salo, Conklin and Drouin-Deslauriers(who said that they need goalies?)

LOL! Where have you been? Under a rock? Salo was traded to Colorado months ago! And we have Markkanen! :lol

Honestly, don't make a list if you don't know hockey :joker:

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Irish_Leaf said:
toronto will probably draft a goaltender this year. After Tellquist they have virtually nothing with any promise
I don't think you can at this point write off J-F Racine for the Leafs. Hodson, Centomo, Ford -yes you can. If Tellqvist backs up Belfour next year (?), Racine will be the starter in St. Johns and that should tell the tale of whether or not he's a legitimate prospect for the big club.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Colorado doesn't really need a goalie--though I wouldn't be surprised if Lacroix takes one in the latter rounds as a developmental project (NCAA perhaps?). With Sauve and Budaj being as highly touted as they are, and Aebischer being young, the Avs should focus more on rebuilding their forward prospect depth, which at this point is rather small.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Raven25 said:
I don't think you can at this point write off J-F Racine for the Leafs. Hodson, Centomo, Ford -yes you can. If Tellqvist backs up Belfour next year (?), Racine will be the starter in St. Johns and that should tell the tale of whether or not he's a legitimate prospect for the big club.
That is very true. Racine played great when he was called up and was arguably there starter for the past 25 games. As for Centomo and Hodson , I have givin up hope on them both. Centomo is the better one but he is very inconsistent! One game #1 Star..next lets in 6 goals. Ford-never seen play so can't say much.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
big_steve said:
What about a team like Boston guys?

How do you think they can solve having both Raycroft and Toivonen for the future?
This is a great problem we have. Raycroft or Toivonen. We will be forced to trade one but we should get alot in return. Jordan Sigalet is looking more and more like a NHL Starter while Kaltainen and Brown can be decent Backups-maybe more!

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
canucks need some goaltending for the future....we have auld, whom should step in anytime now and mcvicar arguabley but we need something a little more concrete. i'd say eithere draft a goalie in one of teh first 2 rounds or else go and get a goalie like gerber....IMO.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
St. Louis has three goalies. Nissenen (a talented Fin) Barulin (a talented russian) and Sanford (N.A)

Out of the three Nissenen looks to be our number 1 for the future, with Barulin very close behind. Nissenen hasnt played against top competition yet. Barulin has is 19(?) and is playing in either the super or upper league...I cant remember right off hand. I think Barulin has more potential though.

Then again if the Blues were to draft Schnieder I dont think anybody would complain.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
THe Kings need goalie prospects in the worst way. I hope they take at least 2 this year.
The Kings could use some help in every position, but I think getting either of the first 2 goalies in this draft would help. I would not right off Munce as not being capable of being a solid #1 down the line, he was thought of as a good pick in the 3rd round of a very deep draft last year. We can improve everywhere, goalie is a good starting place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad