Teams should get players from the teams they eliminate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Teams should be able to pick the best players from the teams they eliminate to play for them in Playoffs. This would make playoffs more interesting and the game would be at a much higher level. No super stars would be eliminated thus increasing the entertainment value tenfold.

E.g. Rangers could pick Ovechkin, Bäckström to play for them against Lightning, then if Tampa Bay won the Series they could pick Ovie, Lundqvist etc... This would hugely rise the value of winning a Stanley Cup.

Discuss.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
That might be an interesting format for a one-off soccer-style international club tournament, but not for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. This idea is so stupid that I actually want to look up other ideas on these boards that I've condemned for being stupid and think about whether I should give those ideas another chance, just because they seem bloody brilliant compared to this idea. Yes, including the thread about adding an area in the net that would give the team two goals if they managed to score there.

For shame.

Kirikanoir

Dec 16, 2010
Teams should be able to pick the best players from the teams they eliminate to play for them in Playoffs. This would make playoffs more interesting and the game would be at a much higher level. No super stars would be eliminated thus increasing the entertainment value tenfold.

E.g. Rangers could pick Ovechkin, Bäckström to play for them against Lightning, then if Tampa Bay won the Series they could pick Ovie, Lundqvist etc... This would hugely rise the value of winning a Stanley Cup.

Discuss.

Fine then that other team should pay half of that players salary for the following season, and half of that players salary cap should be transferred as well. So NY Rangers would pay half of Ovechkin`s salary and shoulder half of his salary cap the following season.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. This idea is so stupid that I actually want to look up other ideas on these boards that I've condemned for being stupid and think about whether I should give those ideas another chance, just because they seem bloody brilliant compared to this idea. Yes, including the thread about adding an area in the net that would give the team two goals if they managed to score there.

For shame.

this is the stupidest idea ever? this right here?

then you must really think high of humanity lol

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Such an awful idea. What if one of these "borrowed" guys suffers a career ending injury while playing for another team? Even the fact some of these guys would consider playing for another in the first place is questionable.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
We could just limit it to two players that can be chosen from the other team. Thus the team would remain it's identity.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
so the rest of your guys who have battled through the season and playoffs just get a "screw you" and sent to the press box? LMAO this would kill team chemistry.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

For shame.

This may be my all time favorite post on HFboards

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think we're done here. Let's save these threads for the super exciting off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad