Speculation: Teams seriously exploring offer-sheet/trade for Tkachuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Unless the trade knocks his socks off, Treliving would likely just let Tkachuk sit out and make an example out of him. He doesn't capitulate to RFAs ever

As for an offer sheet, it can really only be Ottawa and they're not frightening in the slightest

greengoblin

Jan 20, 2017
Ah! Jimmy Murphy is back spewing waste! Remember when he said the Bruins were going to offer sheet Trouba a few years. Good times.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You can be a Habs fan and still acknowledge it was a crap offer sheet.

Crap offersheets don't get signed.

Habs thought they had an angle by front loading it with signing bonuses but it didn't work out. It was never about the AAV, moreso trying to make it unaffordable for the Hurricanes.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
You can be a Habs fan and still acknowledge it was a crap offer sheet.

The whole point of that offersheet was to fill it up with signing bonuses to see if the owner couldn't afford it. I don't understand why this is still an issue.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Unlikely to happen, Tkachuk seems to like it in Calgary...but what would the flames need in return if traded

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jackets can only send an offersheet if the AAV is at least 10.5 million since they don't have a 2nd or 3rd.

We could offer him anything above 6x8.75 and 7x7.5 and hit the four-first rounder compensation scenario. Obviously if it were to happen, we’d offer more than that per year to make it hard for Calgary to match.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Anaheim has 8.5mil in cap space and the picks to make it happen.

And Tkachuk is the quintesential Duck

Reactions: MaxDummy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Or if we give him term. (Remember the "five years max for determining compensation AAV" rule.) Or if we work out trades with Ottawa and Toronto to get those picks back.

We could offer him anything above 6x8.75 and 7x7.5 and hit the four-first rounder compensation scenario. Obviously if it were to happen, we’d offer more than that per year to make it hard for Calgary to match.

It's been reported that he doesn't really want anything longer than 5 years supposedly so he can really cash in when the new TV deal comes in.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Murphy is a 0 on a scale of 1 - 10 in terms of reliability. He’s Eklund with a face.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
3 yrs at $8M/yr would probably be enough of an overpay to get him to sign. Only a 1st,2nd,3rd for compensation.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Crap offersheets don't get signed.

Habs thought they had an angle by front loading it with signing bonuses but it didn't work out. It was never about the AAV, moreso trying to make it unaffordable for the Hurricanes.

The whole point of that offersheet was to fill it up with signing bonuses to see if the owner couldn't afford it. I don't understand why this is still an issue.

It had NO chance of not being matched - sure it had bonuses but come on - this was purely for MB to appear to be doing something. Not even going to the next lvl of reimbursement with one of the best up and coming C in the league - give me a break.

Keep living in your Habs bubble I guess but that pathetic attempt was panned universally.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
3 yrs at $8M/yr would probably be enough of an overpay to get him to sign. Only a 1st,2nd,3rd for compensation.

Currently, only Anaheim/Ottawa/Columbus/Winnipeg/Colorado have more than 8 mil of cap space at their disposal. Colorado/Winnipeg probably have to deal with their own RFAs first and I'm not sure if Ottawa has the budget or motivation. Columbus already moved its 2020 2nd/3rd, so that would at least prohibit them from putting an offer in this range. Anaheim might be an interesting spot if insurance is paying most of Kesler/Eaves' deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad