Teams Moving Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
What teams does everyone think will try and move up in this draft? I have heard that there are a couple teams in the top 10 looking to trade down and I wonder what teams will be looking to move up. Some that come to mind for me are Carolina, Anahiem, Washington, Vancouver.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Atlanta's GM said that he would like to move up 5 or 6 spots (up from the #10 spot) to grab one of two guys he thinks will be "an impact player in years to come". And he said he was not talking about the top two rated guys. IMO he is talking about Cam Barker or than Finn (can't remember his name without my guide beside me).

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Peter said:
Atlanta's GM said that he would like to move up 5 or 6 spots (up from the #10 spot) to grab one of two guys he thinks will be "an impact player in years to come". And he said he was not talking about the top two rated guys. IMO he is talking about Cam Barker or than Finn (can't remember his name without my guide beside me).

Barker and Tukonen.

Washington should be looking to move up. I hope McPhee has his game face on, bc there should be a lot of competition.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Hawks say they will be trying to move up (maybe 2 deals)...they will explore a deal with PIT for the #2 (Malkin) but won't pay if the price demanded in too steep
(Hawks have the #3 plus 4 2nd rounders--whether the #3 plus 2 of the 4 2nds
is too steep I don't know)....also the Hawks say they want to move up to obtain a 2nd first rounder (again likely using 2 of their 2nds could accomplish that--though where in round #1 I don't know but it would have to be at least in the early 20's if the prospect they want is still on the board).......would the Hawks part with the #3 and all 4 2nds just to get Malkin and another first rounder--that seems unlikely going from 5 picks to just 2 in the first 2 rounds--however --if (by offering some third or fourths in the deals or some assets from their system --they are deep in goalie prospects) they can at least retain preferably the #32 pick,then I could see them trying for both move ups and parting with at least 3 of their 2nds after #32 plus other later picks or player assets......

The Hawks say they are looking for "character" and "passion" in the prospects they want to draft.....the needs are up front as they have drafted heavily on D-men in recent drafts....if the deal for Malkin fails,speculation is that Tallon may still go for Barker at #3 (he said he would not trade that pick DOWN only UP).....but while he may see "character" in Barker--I see no "passion" -I hope they do not take Barker
but either Radulov (explosive offense +loads of "passion") or Tukonen (good all round package and character).....Korpikoski would be a natural "character+passion"
choice for the 2nd first rounder if they can move up to get him (especially if Tukonen was taken at #3--but he also fits with a Malkin scenario) --my first hope (failing a Malkin deal) would be to take Radulov (passion in extremis) + his offensive skills-but then look for a Centre with size and offense and good character for
the 2nd first rounder if they can move up = Travis Zajac...they should also get a good pick at #32 if they can manage to retain that pick despite the one or two move ups...maybe Nokelainen if he is still on the board...

The move up for a 2nd first rounder will be easier ..for PIT to deal the #2 for a #3+
a combo of other picks/player assets =they really would have to want Barker for their D-corps..

So we shall watch and see how it all plays out......

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
hawksfan50 said:
The Hawks say they will be trying to move up (maybe 2 deals)...they will explore a deal with PIT for the #2 (Malkin) but won't pay if the price demanded in too steep
(Hawks have the #3 plus 4 2nd rounders--whether the #3 plus 2 of the 4 2nds
is too steep I don't know)....also the Hawks say they want to move up to obtain a 2nd first rounder (again likely using 2 of their 2nds could accomplish that--though where in round #1 I don't know but it would have to be at least in the early 20's if the prospect they want is still on the board).......would the Hawks part with the #3 and all 4 2nds just to get Malkin and another first rounder--that seems unlikely going from 5 picks to just 2 in the first 2 rounds--however --if (by offering some third or fourths in the deals or some assets from their system --they are deep in goalie prospects) they can at least retain preferably the #32 pick,then I could see them trying for both move ups and parting with at least 3 of their 2nds after #32 plus other later picks or player assets......

The Hawks say they are looking for "character" and "passion" in the prospects they want to draft.....the needs are up front as they have drafted heavily on D-men in recent drafts....if the deal for Malkin fails,speculation is that Tallon may still go for Barker at #3 (he said he would not trade that pick DOWN only UP).....but while he may see "character" in Barker--I see no "passion" -I hope they do not take Barker
but either Radulov (explosive offense +loads of "passion") or Tukonen (good all round package and character).....Korpikoski would be a natural "character+passion"
choice for the 2nd first rounder if they can move up to get him (especially if Tukonen was taken at #3--but he also fits with a Malkin scenario) --my first hope (failing a Malkin deal) would be to take Radulov (passion in extremis) + his offensive skills-but then look for a Centre with size and offense and good character for
the 2nd first rounder if they can move up = Travis Zajac...they should also get a good pick at #32 if they can manage to retain that pick despite the one or two move ups...maybe Nokelainen if he is still on the board...

The move up for a 2nd first rounder will be easier ..for PIT to deal the #2 for a #3+
a combo of other picks/player assets =they really would have to want Barker for their D-corps..

So we shall watch and see how it all plays out......

Hawks want character and passion. This brings us back to the Sutherby and three picks deal I proposed yesterday. Suts is a fire ball on the ice.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the rangers will most likely 'try' to trade up most likely targeting pitt's pick to get malkin...but odds are the price will end up being too high

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
The Caps would like to move up to draft Barker but I dont see it really happening

Schremp could be a real dark horse trade/pick for the Caps if he would be availabe in the mid 1st round...that would also have to depend on Hunter's opinion of the guy as well

munkeyman70

Sep 4, 2003
Dallas
NYR469 said:
the rangers will most likely 'try' to trade up most likely targeting pitt's pick to get malkin...but odds are the price will end up being too high

I think the Ranges should try and land Barker if they are gonna move up...

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
BMWM3owner said:
The Caps would like to move up to draft Barker but I dont see it really happening

Schremp could be a real dark horse trade/pick for the Caps if he would be availabe in the mid 1st round...that would also have to depend on Hunter's opinion of the guy as well

I have a feeling the Caps want nothing to do with Schremp, if you consider his benchings and poor playoff performances under Hunter influential.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
The rangers will most likely deal atleast one of those second rounders to move up from #24 or to aquire a third first rounder. How high they move up depends on what else they want to throw in, I definatly think Lundmark will be shopped and probably moved in a deal. Poti will probalby be shopped too, but I don't hold out much hope that anyone will bite on him.

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
xander said:
The rangers will most likely deal atleast one of those second rounders to move up from #24 or to aquire a third first rounder. How high they move up depends on what else they want to throw in, I definatly think Lundmark will be shopped and probably moved in a deal. Poti will probalby be shopped too, but I don't hold out much hope that anyone will bite on him.

How bout 6 + Lundmark for the fourth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad