Dreger: Teams Interested in Victor Mete

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know why a guy who was a waiver claim a year ago and can't even crack Ottawa's regular D group has any sort of value.

He'd be a decent guy to stash on your AHL team as depth, but he needs to clear waivers to be able to do that. If Ottawa waives him right now and he clears, I think he might have a tad bit of value.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Sens are willing to let his agent find him a place to finish the season, a team likely to make him a qualifying offer, so this is more of a player-friendly move than a way for Ottawa to get anything much back.

I could imagine a playoff team with little depth on D wanting Mete as a depth player in case injuries hit in the playoffs.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Player agent always claims there is interest for the player... they want to put pressure on the market or create a demand or a need..

Late pick or a player in the same situation or a futur consideration for Mete will be the best return for him

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I don't know why a guy who was a waiver claim a year ago and can't even crack Ottawa's regular D group has any sort of value.

He'd be a decent guy to stash on your AHL team as depth, but he needs to clear waivers to be able to do that. If Ottawa waives him right now and he clears, I think he might have a tad bit of value.

depth never hurts for contenders

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Yes but i think a Contender would like to get a D with more experience and more playoff games for depth at 7-8 spot
A borderline playoff team that just wants a warm body for the #8 slot in case they get a few injuries might be interested. If he costs little to nothing in assets, why not.

Reactions: Mike Dukarm

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Didn't read the article. Does it mean NHL teams are interested in Mete? Can't really think of any.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
How has Mete been this season? What best describes his work on the blueline? Is he physical and plays solid D?

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Not sure why everybody is so hard on him, guy is only 23 and has a lot experience for that even some playoff games.

Roster limit is lifted after the deadline so if teams can make the cap work it's not a problem and RFA to be that won't be expensive.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00