TSN: Teams interested in Greg Pateryn

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Woohoo!

He'd be a good add for a lot of teams, really. He's kind of getting pushed off the Wild's blueline, but he's still a good, physical bottom-pairing defenseman.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There's that big name that the TSN insiders will be salivating over, for the next eight hours! :handclap:

There's been an ongoing "Byfuglien Watch" since apparently we're all interested in where he ends up.

Give us Pateryn Watch, TSN!

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Well, Guerin apparently wants to make big moves. So it sounds reasonably possible.

I wouldn't put it past Guerin to sell like a madman today, because he has seemed like a madman since getting hired. Not saying it's the right thing to do. It's just the impression I get. Watch Minny today, they'll be interesting.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
makes sense. guy is a decent NHLr, cheap, short contract, and Wild have enough D to cover him easily so shouldn't cost much in trade.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Avoid if your team has any "French f***s". His wife won't agree to the trade.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Im guessing the return would be similar to what Boston got for McQuaid in the offseason a few years back. A 4th and a 7th

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
It wouldn’t take much from a Minnesota perspective. Sound player that would fit on a bottom pairing of most playoff teams.

The Wild just have a lot of good defensemen that are pushing to get NHL time at this point.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Well, Guerin apparently wants to make big moves. So it sounds reasonably possible.

I wouldn't put it past Guerin to sell like a madman today, because he has seemed like a madman since getting hired. Not saying it's the right thing to do. It's just the impression I get. Watch Minny today, they'll be interesting.

How has he been a madman? On the contrary he has been very patient.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
How has he been a madman? On the contrary he has been very patient.

He signed Spurgeon, a guy who was just about 29, to a 7 year extension. Suggesting he thought the team would be pushing forward with what they have. He said on Feb 5th that the players would all "get a fair shake," said "I'm not in a rush to put anybody out the door," and that "Bruce has done a good job. [...] I'm fine with where he is." (article)

Then in the next 2 weeks, in the thick of a playoff hunt, he sold a well liked player in Zucker and then fired the well respected coach. The Boudreau firing was the most "madman" like, so far. It came out of nowhere, and no one was claiming that the coach was a problem.

Now he's being quoted all over the place about being a seller and making changes. It's a bit crazy when you consider he arrived with a show of faith in the Spurgeon contract, and had nothing but reasuring things to say the whole season, just to 180 on the team.

It's rare for a GM to show less trust in his team. The Blues when they traded Stastny did it. Can't think of too many other times.

P10p

May 15, 2012
He signed Spurgeon, a guy who was just about 29, to a 7 year extension. Suggesting he thought the team would be pushing forward with what they have. He said on Feb 5th that the players would all "get a fair shake," said "I'm not in a rush to put anybody out the door," and that "Bruce has done a good job. [...] I'm fine with where he is." (article)

Then in the next 2 weeks, in the thick of a playoff hunt, he sold a well liked player in Zucker and then fired the well respected coach. The Boudreau firing was the most "madman" like, so far. It came out of nowhere, and no one was claiming that the coach was a problem.

Now he's being quoted all over the place about being a seller and making changes. It's a bit crazy when you consider he arrived with a show of faith in the Spurgeon contract, and had nothing but reasuring things to say the whole season, just to 180 on the team.

It's rare for a GM to show less trust in his team. The Blues when they traded Stastny did it. Can't think of too many other times.

If you had any idea about Minnesota, and not just what you read here on main threads. EVERYONE knew and expected Spurgeon to get an extension, Bruce is in his last year and many were calling for a change, and a Zucker trade has been in the works for over a year.

These are all expected and wanted things, not some GM going rogue like you're suggesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad