Friedman: Teams interested in Evan Rodrigues

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Another Sabre hot take that I could keep my home warm with through the cold summer months.

:facepalm:

I don’t think anybody in Buffalo is hoping for more than 95-point team and squeak into the playoffs. The Sabres have a little more depth at the bottom than previous year and ER is an extra for a good reason. Super valuable? Not really. But sorry, he makes the Leafs lineup now and even the beginning of the season. Cap-wise, you can make an argument against him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t think anybody in Buffalo is hoping for more than 95-point team and squeak into the playoffs. The Sabres have a little more depth at the bottom than previous year and ER is an extra for a good reason. Super valuable? Not really. But sorry, he makes the Leafs lineup now and even the beginning of the season. Cap-wise, you can make an argument against him.

No, it was your comment that the Sabres have better depth than the Leafs.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
A good portion of our fan base thinks he is better than he really is but in actuality he is a depth player.

Management isn't really sold on him so I am not surprised they are shopping him. I just hope they know what they're doing because once injuries creep in, Buffalo may need him.

Doc300c

Jun 18, 2014
Mississauga
You’d also be hard-pressed to a better 4th line than Buffalo’s LOG line.

Really? Your $10 Mil 4th line is what you're bragging about?

He's a 4th liner at best - and would be a good depth add to a bunch of teams but, should be playing in the AHL

This isn't a pissing match ( Buffalo or Toronto has better depth ) he doesn't fit on either team and looking for Kap or Page. isn't going to happen, he's just not that good and makes too much.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
No, it was your comment that the Sabres have better depth than the Leafs.

In the bottom, they do. Better 5, 6 d men too. But those don't exactly get you into playoffs but the are important finishing pieces to a team like Leafs and guys like Spezza don't cut it. At $2 M, probably agree ER doesn't fit but we eat half and he'd be a decent add for Leafs

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Really? Your $10 Mil 4th line is what you're bragging about?

FWIW, it is a nominal 4th line only - those players are still getting 13-14 minutes per game (more than our "third line"). That line is killing it in terms of possession, and their relentless forecheck is a driving force behind the teams early success.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
FWIW, it is a nominal 4th line only - those players are still getting 13-14 minutes per game (more than our "third line"). That line is killing it in terms of possession, and their relentless forecheck is a driving force behind the teams early success.

You and the Islanders should start a club.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I could see Rodrigues packaged in a trade with one of:

Scandella, Pilut, Montour, Risto. *Packages not interchangeable

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
What are his strengths? Edmonton desperately needs something going in its bottom 6

They should be really in on this guy. Damn.

I can see Jurco or actually Haas be traded for him. They seem to get the cold hand by Tippet.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
What are you basing that on? I sure hope you aren't over rating your team off a hot start like a lot of fans did last year before the Sabres crashed and burned. Leafs bottom 6 has been incredible.

I said bottom. Leafs signed Spezza. LOL. How much depth can you have, if you sign him. Nick Shore? I'm not disputing the top 6, though their two-way play is debatable, but there are lots of questions about Leafs depth. That's the weakness, not Marner, Tavares, Matthews. We won't even talk about how soft they are. Okay?[/QUOTE]

ok so the Sabres are any tougher? Just because you have more bums doesnt make you deeper. Id take Moore, Gauthier, Mikheyev, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Kordhkov, Timashov etc over the crap Buffalo has.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
Idk why...he's nothing more than a 4th liner on a good team.

He's never even scored 10 goals in the AHL or NHL...the kid is highly overrated, and he's not getting any better at 26 years old already.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Pilut is good, he's hardly untouchable. Put the right offer in front and away he goes!

Sure anyone can be traded forth especially right offer

Pilut isn’t getting traded alone for ehat most teams would give up which is a 3rd or worse.

He is worth more than that once he proves himself in a full nhl season.

Also buffalo doesn’t have much nhl ready depth in 2021-2022 season after a Dahlin if Pilut is traded. They have a bunch of ehat ifs and maybes

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
idk what erod would fetch these days, but it certainly wouldn't be more than a 4th rounder. He's one of those guys that is too good for the ahl but not good enough for the NHL imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad