Speculation: Teams inquiring about Nathan Beaulieu : Used as bait for a top 6 LW ?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

At first, i was saying no way Detroit does that but then seen the cap situation and it's horrible. Too many forwards, not enough nhl D.

Why did they sign Vanek??

Anyway, i guess in order to make the cap work for them, they need to unload Howard. If they can manage that despite his 10-teams NTC and without getting major salary in return, i can see a trade involving Beaulieu and Tatar.

How about Beaulieu + Condon and a pick for Tatar??

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
As was discussed on the Habs board, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Montreal to trade Beau for a winger. The only trade that makes sense is trading him as a package for a better LD.

I would target Fowler.

Fowler
for
Beaulieu, Andrighetto/Hudon/Carr + pick

This gives the Ducks some salary relief and gives them 2 young NHL players who can immediately play. Andrighetto/Hudon/Carr are top 9 fwds that play a 200 ft game and are cost controlled.

If that doesn't work for Anaheim I would keep Beau and try him with Weber. Again, it just doesn't make sense to move him without getting a LD back. I really hope MB isn't hoping to run with Markov, Emelin, and Barberio as the left side D to start the season.

Also, as other have pointed out, we have good options internally to fill the 2LW spot. Namely Letkonen, Hudon, Andrighetto, or Carr.

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010
As was discussed on the Habs board, it doesn't make a lot of sense for Montreal to trade Beau for a winger. The only trade that makes sense is trading him as a package for a better LD.

I would target Fowler.

Fowler
for
Beaulieu, Andrighetto/Hudon/Carr + pick

This gives the Ducks some salary relief and gives them 2 young NHL players who can immediately play. Andrighetto/Hudon/Carr are top 9 fwds that play a 200 ft game and are cost controlled.

If that doesn't work for Anaheim I would keep Beau and try him with Weber. Again, it just doesn't make sense to move him without getting a LD back. I really hope MB isn't hoping to run with Markov, Emelin, and Barberio as the left side D to start the season.

Also, as other have pointed out, we have good options internally to fill the 2LW spot. Namely Letkonen, Hudon, Andrighetto, or Carr.

Not bad, I think Anaheim would think about this. Cap space gained as well as a moderate return. I think they might want one of MTL's 2nds though.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
How about a blockbuster with the Avs...

TO MTL:
- Landeskog
- Zadorov

TO COL:
- Pacioretty
- Beaulieu

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I dont think the avs would do that since pacs isnt better than landy and is on contract for just 3 years

Not sure. There was some smoke that Landeskog was being shopped this summer by the Avs. Then you factor in the recent "supposed" comments about Pacioretty by the coach... and you wonder if both teams would look to shake-up their teams by dealing their captains? I would argue that Beaulieu is a better player than Zadorov at this point... and it would give the Avs a nice compliment to Barrie, who is a righty. Production-wise, Pacioretty is better than Landeskog.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Not sure. There was some smoke that Landeskog was being shopped this summer by the Avs. Then you factor in the recent "supposed" comments about Pacioretty by the coach... and you wonder if both teams would look to shake-up their teams by dealing their captains? I would argue that Beaulieu is a better player than Zadorov at this point... and it would give the Avs a nice compliment to Barrie, who is a righty. Production-wise, Pacioretty is better than Landeskog.

Landy is 4 years younger i think.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He is. But Pacioretty is only 27... not like he's 31.

true but pacs has 3 years left, landy has more.

But yeah def a trade that would be fair in value but dont see why mtl nor avs would make such a lateral move. It would just cause more drama.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
No way would Detroit trade Tatar for Beaulieu. We need top-4, not more bottom pairing lhd.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think trading Beaulieu would be very risky, it puts way too much pressure on Sergachev. I am confident he will be a great player but this stinks of rushing / setting him up to fail.

The benefits of him going all the way in the OHL outway our need for a strong left handed D.

That being said I can see something around Beaulieu for Yakupov.

Radulov - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Byron - Danault - Mitchell / Flynn

Sergachev - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn /Barberio

Price
Montoya

Not too bad.

We give up Beaulieu for Yakupov? Keep dreaming.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
He's barely replacement level. Trading anything of value for a guy like Beaulieu is nonsensical. Every team in the NHL has three or four guys sitting in the AHL who can do just as well

How do you think MTL fans would react to this trade:

To Pitt: Sergachev and Plekanec

To MTL: Justin Schultz

Because that's the equivalent of the Pouliot proposal. Only difference is that Pouliot is more polished and likely to succeed than Sergachev

:lol: Sure bud.:laugh:
Now back to reality.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
No way would Detroit trade Tatar for Beaulieu. We need top-4, not more bottom pairing lhd.

He is ready for a top 4 D role. Tatar is a decent 2nd line winger. Detroit needs D over Forwards. You have Mantha, Svechnikov, and Athansiou among others that are close, or ready to take over for Tatar if he was traded... Wing depth, especially young players, is your strength. It makes a lot of sense to swap Tatar, who really is not going to make and break your team if you trade him, for a guy that can step in and play top 4 for you. Now I don't know if you've watched Beaulieu, but from what I've seen of him, he definitely looks matured and ready to play top 4 minutes. I'm sure Habs fans can agree.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Tatar for Beaulieu works in a nutshell, there are cap implications to abide by. But I would think it would be a fair deal, with MTL adding a mid round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->