Speculation: Teams inquiring about Nathan Beaulieu : Used as bait for a top 6 LW ?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Wings won't trade Tatar for Beaulieu. Beaulieu is not better than Dekeyser or Smith and doesn't add anything to the team. I don't think Tatar gets Fowler like has been discussed by both sides on this site often, but the Wings have no need to settle for Beaulieu.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Wings won't trade Tatar for Beaulieu. Beaulieu is not better than Dekeyser or Smith and doesn't add anything to the team. I don't think Tatar gets Fowler like has been discussed by both sides on this site often, but the Wings have no need to settle for Beaulieu.

? Smith is 27 years old, hes already reached his peak. Beaulieu has only played ~120'ish games in the NHL and he keeps improving year after year.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
? Smith is 27 years old, hes already reached his peak. Beaulieu has only played ~120'ish games in the NHL and he keeps improving year after year.

It doesn't change the fact that he is not currently better than Smith nor the fact that the team needs somebody significantly better than both of them.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It doesn't change the fact that he is not currently better than Smith nor the fact that the team needs somebody significantly better than both of them.

Beaulieu is better than Smith.
And you won't get a significantly better player (than DeKeyser) for Tomas Tatar, c'mon...

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Beaulieu is better than Smith.
And you won't get a significantly better player (than DeKeyser) for Tomas Tatar, c'mon...

Disagree on Beaulieu. And I know they won't get this player for Tatar, which is why trading one of our top goal scorers for a defenseman who doesn't improve the team doesn't make any sense.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Disagree on Beaulieu. And I know they won't get this player for Tatar, which is why trading one of our top goal scorers for a defenseman who doesn't improve the team doesn't make any sense.

Disagree as much as you want : Beaulieu is better than Smith. But (quite) inferior to DeKeyser.

If fact, Beaulieu would give you the chance of playing Smith where he should really be playing.

But then you have the issue of DeKeyser playing a little too much.

EDIT : Who the "%"/%"/$ is playing on the right side other than Mike Green? I'd also add that Beaulieu has little pro experience on the right side (the right side is very crowded in Montreal/AHL), so that would have to be taken in consideration.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Disagree as much as you want : Beaulieu is better than Smith. But (quite) inferior to DeKeyser.

If fact, Beaulieu would give you the chance of playing Smith where he should really be playing.

But then you have the issue of DeKeyser playing a little too much.

EDIT : Who the "%"/%"/$ is playing on the right side other than Mike Green? I'd also add that Beaulieu has little pro experience on the right side (the right side is very crowded in Montreal/AHL), so that would have to be taken in consideration.

Beaulieu hasn't done anything to prove that he is better than Smith. Won't make any difference if he is added to the Wings.

Marchenko plays on the right side as well as one of Smith/Ericsson.

The team already has Dekeyser, Smith, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Ouellet as LHD on the team. Beaulieu doesn't change anything on the Wings defense so trading a guy who has scored 50 goals over the last two years and has been our best goal scorer for him is a bad idea.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Not enough for JVR. Beaulieu is a #4 D man at best. DD is of no real value to the Leafs. A #4 + 2nd isn't a good deal for a top line LW.

It was sarcasm of my part friend, JVR is worth much more than that :laugh:

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
He passed Benning ages ago. At least Vancouver didn't deal away a star because the coach couldn't adjust.

Scary to think what his next boneheaded move will be.
I hope and pray the Preds win the Cup and the Habs crap the bed.
Finally get the 2 Foxhole Idiots fired.

As for Beaulieu, I expect him to be traded.
Bergevin knows he needs a huge year to save Therrien and himself. If the Habs miss the playoffs, they are both gone. So he's going to trade anyone he feels hinders that goal or could return someone to help it. There is no long term in his current methods, just short term survival.
He is panicking and trying to justify his stupid and completely unwarranted support of an outdated, obsolete head coach who shouldn't even be in the NHL.
Here's hoping it all falls flat and Therrien is gone by X-Mas and Bergevin at the seasons end.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Scary to think what his next boneheaded move will be.
I hope and pray the Preds win the Cup and the Habs crap the bed.
Finally get the 2 Foxhole Idiots fired.

As for Beaulieu, I expect him to be traded.
Bergevin knows he needs a huge year to save Therrien and himself. If the Habs miss the playoffs, they are both gone. So he's going to trade anyone he feels hinders that goal or could return someone to help it. There is no long term in his current methods, just short term survival.
He is panicking and trying to justify his stupid and completely unwarranted support of an outdated, obsolete head coach who shouldn't even be in the NHL.
Here's hoping it all falls flat and Therrien is gone by X-Mas and Bergevin at the seasons end.

i would sense that you were a big pk supporter. i can understand why you would not be happy with the trade. you cannot deny however that weber is a rock on team canadas top pair. he will bring that steadiness and leadership all year long and all the drama and showmanship can be checked at the door. we will be a much better TEAM with weber. therrien can go tho i will agree with that.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Calling Beaulieu a bottom pairing D means you don't watch him play

Yeah you're right. Never watched him play. Him being in the same division of my favorite team and all, never seen him. Didn't see him when Jurco was playing for Saint John either.

He is a bottom pairing dman on Detroit's left side.

Also, if he was a top 4 defenseman, then why is Montreal looking to deal him? Isn't that what they need? Young top 4 defenseman?

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Yeah you're right. Never watched him play. Him being in the same division of my favorite team and all, never seen him. Didn't see him when Jurco was playing for Saint John either.

He is a bottom pairing dman on Detroit's left side.

Also, if he was a top 4 defenseman, then why is Montreal looking to deal him? Isn't that what they need? Young top 4 defenseman?

If you don't think that Beaulieu is a young top 4 D-man than i would think you've not watched him much in the NHL let alone when he played in Saint John.
Also where did you read that it was the Habs that were looking to trade him?
Per François Gagnon,:laugh:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
If you don't think that Beaulieu is a young top 4 D-man than i would think you've not watched him much in the NHL let alone when he played in Saint John.
Also where did you read that it was the Habs that were looking to trade him?
Per François Gagnon,:laugh:

:laugh::laugh: from speculation that Montreal needs/wants an upgrade.

Beaulieu is a young defenseman. I'll give you that.

If he is what you think he is, then keep him for no offer. He is exactly what Montreal needs right now, a top 4 young dman.

Am I right?

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
:laugh::laugh: from speculation that Montreal needs/wants an upgrade.

Beaulieu is a young defenseman. I'll give you that.

If he is what you think he is, then keep him for no offer. He is exactly what Montreal needs right now, a top 4 young dman.

Am I right?

The thread is on the premise that Sergachev takes the spot Beaulieu should take this year. Beaulieu is a top 4 D, Sergachev most likely will be top 2. That's pretty much the reason why Beaulieu would be traded for help forward, taken Sergachev is ready and Markov is on the second pairing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
no bergevin traded away one star for another star that doesn't need to be under a spotlight 24/7.

Yeah, a star who has a lot of wear and tear, on the wrong side of 30 and who is 4 years older and not a PMD.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
i would sense that you were a big pk supporter. i can understand why you would not be happy with the trade. you cannot deny however that weber is a rock on team canadas top pair. he will bring that steadiness and leadership all year long and all the drama and showmanship can be checked at the door. we will be a much better TEAM with weber. therrien can go tho i will agree with that.

No. not a big PK supporter.
My dislike of the Foxhole Idiots predates the Subban trade, which was a stupid trade regardless. Nothing against Weber.
You can replace anyone you want and it won't mean a damn thing as long as that moron is behind the bench.
As for showmanship, there is nothing wrong with it if you can back it up and PK could almost always back it up, and it makes for good viewing.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Beaulieu would be a top-4 D in Detroit I think.

Dekeyser - Green
Kronwall - Beaulieu
Ouellet - Marchenko

Ericsson

Detroit would need to send a D back and a forward also, maybe something like Sheahan (Big C if Tatar doesn't tickle your fancy) and Smith. Does Beaulieu play the right side?

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Beaulieu doesn't do enough for us, To move one of our better young forwards in Tatar for him. Montreal would definitely win this one and weren't helping out Montreal here at all. If i'm going to move Tatar and other pieces for an upgrade on D it's going to be for Fowler or Shattenkirk more then likely not Beaulieu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad