Teams in Best Shape for the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
ABQAvsFan said:
I am not taking anything personally. I just want you to back up your comments before I accept them.

Is that too much to ask?

I think you've set up a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have set up the conditions of your "debate" like this: Fact - We do not know how prospects will turn out in the future (part of the deffenition of prospect is it not?). Since we don't know what prospects will be good or bad we can't judge a teams prospects until the future.

Colorado has good prospects. Prove me wrong using facts.

Hate to say it, but you know, based on what you are saying we can't. Please prove to me that the sun will warm the earth on June 25th. I will not accept any arguement that isn't fact based and undefeatable.

KL*

jin said:
I think you've set up a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have set up the conditions of your "debate" like this: Fact - We do not know how prospects will turn out in the future (part of the deffenition of prospect is it not?). Since we don't know what prospects will be good or bad we can't judge a teams prospects until the future.

Colorado has good prospects. Prove me wrong using facts.

Hate to say it, but you know, based on what you are saying we can't. Please prove to me that the sun will warm the earth on June 25th. I will not accept any arguement that isn't fact based and undefeatable.

Actually, no, that's not what I am saying at all. All I am saying is that if you want to argue something, back it up. Have some solid evidence if not outright proof that what you say is going to happen will happen.

Will the sun warm the Earth on June 25th? Well, given that the Sun has warmed the Earth every single day in Earth's history, barring a cataclysmic event, I am going to go ahead and say that, yes, the Sun will warm the Earth on June 25th.

However, HF's organizational rankings, since their inception, have proven to be wrong more often than they are right.

Colorado's draft picks tend to make the NHL more than 27 other NHL teams (Ottawa, Colorado and New Jersey are tops).

I am not saying that we can't know how well prospects will turn out. Not at all. What I am saying is that we CAN know, just that the WAY we can know is not by reading some contrived organizational ranking list compiled by non-professional writers (much less scouts or anyone else who has done any sort of active professional analysis of talent be it in person or via statistics).

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
wtf, so i ask YOU to prove me wrong, and you refuse. Who cares what other posters are going to say about your opinion as it is just your opinion and not fact. I've yet to see you do much to vouch for the actual state of the Col system than to tout previous successes and assume that they will continue. Like I said, I don't follow prospects that much, so if you want to show me that the Col prospect pool is in fact underrated, then do so, but don't dodge the issue and pretend like you actually give a crap if someone disagrees with your opinion, as you have shown in this argument, you really don't care about any opinion but your own.

KL*

bobbsktball1 said:
wtf, so i ask YOU to prove me wrong, and you refuse. Who cares what other posters are going to say about your opinion as it is just your opinion and not fact. I've yet to see you do much to vouch for the actual state of the Col system than to tout previous successes and assume that they will continue. Like I said, I don't follow prospects that much, so if you want to show me that the Col prospect pool is in fact underrated, then do so, but don't dodge the issue and pretend like you actually give a crap if someone disagrees with your opinion, as you have shown in this argument, you really don't care about any opinion but your own.

I don't care about any opinion that has no sort of factual basis or evidence to back it up.

As for "touting previous successes and assuming they will continue," well, that's basically how it works. Over the past 8 years, there have been two scouting regimes in Colorado. Both produced at a steady pace. What leads you to believe that it will change?

If the sun rises every day for 1000 years, am I a fool to believe it will rise again tomorrow?

Give me some sort of evidence that the sun will not rise again tomorrow and maybe I will lend a little more credence to your opinion.

Until then, I will continue to go ahead and put more trust in the FACTS of the situation and rely on the trends than to listen to your opinion. Call me crazy, but the numbers don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad