Team's draft ranking process

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Does this seem like an effective approach. Why not have videos playing of the player they are discussing to at least refresh some of the scouts' minds about who exactly they are talking about? Why not have each scout compile 1 to 10 ratings of various aspects of each player and do rankings based on averages and weight some aspects that are more important slightly more?

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Does this seem like an effective approach. Why not have videos playing of the player they are discussing to at least refresh some of the scouts' minds about who exactly they are talking about? Why not have each scout compile 1 to 10 ratings of various aspects of each player and do rankings based on averages and weight some aspects that are more important slightly more?

Why not have videos playing of the player they are discussing to at least refresh some of the scouts' minds about who exactly they are talking about?

ummmm, what? so they don't reveal too much information ?

Why not have each scout compile 1 to 10 ratings of various aspects of each player and do rankings based on averages and weight some aspects that are more important slightly more?

that's what they are doing right now, and narrowing it to one whole list.

weight some aspects that are more important slightly more?

??? maybe it's not important?? each team have their drafting criteria s and their own approach.

are you doing this to launch another anti Canuck rant?

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
no I don't mean videos for us, I meant for all the scouts in the room who just watched a ton of different players.

if they are narrowing it down why are they ranking their aspects on the board with chalk? it feels like they are ranking them for the 1st time.

I am not anti Canuck, just saw this video and I am a bit puzzled at the process.

MrTurdFerguson

Jan 15, 2018
no I don't mean videos for us, I meant for all the scouts in the room who just watched a ton of different players.

if they are narrowing it down why are they ranking their aspects on the board with chalk? it feels like they are ranking them for the 1st time.

I am not anti Canuck, just saw this video and I am a bit puzzled at the process.
What makes you so sure they aren’t doing that? This video obviously contains only a very small portion of their process

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

They will already be looking at their write-ups of specific games on their computers from scoutnet, and the only people talking about that prospect will be the director of scouting, the scouts who cross-checked the prospect and the regional guys for that player's region. They aren't going to go by shift by shift videos there. It'd honestly be like going to a tutorial for an English class where you haven't read the book and asking to read the book there. You are expected to be there, and be up to date with your notes and viewings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad