LeBrun: Teams contacting Kyle Connor

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It only takes one team with space, though, Columbus still has $10.8M left.

Sure any one team can go crazy and offer 8.5x5 for for him however to do that the following things would have to be true:

* Team has enough capspace
* Team is comfortable overpaying Kyle Connor
* Team is okay discharging their offer sheet bullet for Connor over the other RFAs still unsigned many of whom can be considered of higher caliber than Connor
* Team has enough draft picks to render the offer sheet

Most of these 4 things are fairly low probability things independently on their own and the probability of all of them being true is even smaller therefore extremely unlikely.

Reactions: SLAYER

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Maybe this have been discussed but what if Team A offersheets Connor and Team B offersheets Laine. They both accept, Winnipeg doesn`t have room for both and no time to fix cap space if it is close to season or already in season.
Then we get ALL the draft picks. 4 years, 12 1sts? Sucks this year but we've still got a batch of prospects fighting to get into the lineup, so we'd have an ok chance at being a bubble team.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Roslovic
Vesalainen - Little - Wheeler
Perreault - Copp - Appleton
Lowry - Letestu - Lipon

Not ideal, especially that 4th, but I'm probably forgetting someone.

Even still, if there were two offersheets signed, I think we'd pick one to match.

Reactions: Kalv

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I think he'd be a great fit alongside Larkin and Mantha and that would let Bertuzzi do the dirty work on the 2nd line to free up Athanasiou. It would probably take north of $8.4 mil for the Jets to let him go though, yeah? Can't see the Wings giving up 2 firsts during a rebuild even if Connor could be worth it.
Connor is on record saying he wants a long term deal. Remember that for compensation, anything over 5 years still gets divided by 5. So if you sign him to 8x7, that's 56÷5, so the compensation is based on 11.2. If you think 2 1sts is steep, you're not going to like that scenario either.

Reactions: angry pirate

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
CBJ, Ottawa and Colorado are the only teams left that could really make a run at Connor without us matching. I would guaranteed take 2 firsts from Ottawa. CBJ I'd probably take it, Colorado not a chance.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Only talent we shed was Trouba. Not overpaying Myers \ Chiarot is a blessing.

Correct.

Losing two #5 Dmen doesn't go by without noticing it........but signing both would of been brutally bad considering their contracts & play.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad