Anything left from the Spezza trade ?
Paul, Sieloff, Gagne.
I have it marked out from the Yashin trade, but here is a visual:

NLehQxN.png

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
lol no thanks. I have seen a ton of Macaron and he can't keep up with the NHL pace. Paul is actually quick.

And why would the Sens add? Because Macaron was a 1st round pick?

McCarron can also keep up with the NHL, he has a hard time finding his place but the potential is there. And no not because of his draft pick, but because I personally think he is better, and I value this with a low pick. I think they are similar player who will fill a similar role in their career but maybe they could use a change of scenery.

Or Ottawa keeps the better prospect and the pick.

McCarron is, in no way, a better prospect than Paul at this stage.

I really don't see how Paul can be a better prospect than McCarron. They are very similar.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Paul is getting a lot of hate for no damn reason.

He’s 22 years old. Easily in the top 10 percentile in size and strength in the league. Fast and quick for his size, underrated hands, good puck possession player, impossible to knock off the puck in the cycle, and solid defensively + in the dot.

I like the comparison to Boyle. He is a definite glue guy you would want in your bottom 6 for years to come. Mid 20 point player offensively, but with everything else, he’s an NHL’er bottom line.

As a Sens fan, they should just keep him to replace Thompson in the next year or two.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

He’s 22 years old. Easily in the top 10 percentile in size and strength in the league. Fast and quick for his size, underrated hands, good puck possession player, impossible to knock off the puck in the cycle, and solid defensively + in the dot.

I like the comparison to Boyle. He is a definite glue guy you would want in your bottom 6 for years to come. Mid 20 point player offensively, but with everything else, he’s an NHL’er bottom line.

As a Sens fan, they should just keep him to replace Thompson in the next year or two.

Yeah, not sure why they would trade him for a nothing piece. He's not a bad player.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nick Paul will be an NHL player, doesn’t look like he is a fit in Ottawa but he should be a welcomed addition to a bottom 6 somewhere.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
McCarron can also keep up with the NHL, he has a hard time finding his place but the potential is there. And no not because of his draft pick, but because I personally think he is better, and I value this with a low pick. I think they are similar player who will fill a similar role in their career but maybe they could use a change of scenery.

Well ok, but me and Mike Bossy and all kind of people seem to differ on that opinion.

Brendan Gaunce for Nick Paul.

Don't think the Sens would be interested in that swap. If Paul doesn't have a roster spot on the Sens, I doubt Gaunce would. Nick Paul is a better skater and offers things that Gaunce doesn't

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nick Paul to the Isles.

Isles just lost Kulemin for the whole year due to injury, and Chimera isn't really a fit on the fourth line LW.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't understand why we don't just play him. He's looked decent but doesn't get more than 6 minutes of icetime before being sent down.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Don't know if this is enough but Jannik Hansen+Joel Ward for Nick Paul+ cap dump or Hansen for Paul straight up? How's your D? Would Dillon or Martin help at all?

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Don't know if this is enough but Jannik Hansen+Joel Ward for Nick Paul+Andrew Hammond (or other cap dump) or Hansen for Paul straight up? How's your D? Would Dillon or Martin help at all?
Sens traded Hammond in the Duchene trade. He is on loan to Belleville, but the Avs own his rights now.

Personally I would like an upgrade on defense, but the Sens have too many down the left hand side.

Phaneuf, Oduya, Borowiecki, Claesson,
and in the pipes
Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros.

At the deadline I could see them trying to get some vet experience and be interested in Joel Ward.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sens traded Hammond in the Duchene trade. He is on loan to Belleville, but the Avs own his rights now.

Personally I would like an upgrade on defense, but the Sens have too many down the left hand side.

Phaneuf, Oduya, Borowiecki, Claesson,
and in the pipes
Chabot, Harpur, Englund, Jaros.

At the deadline I could see them trying to get some vet experience and be interested in Joel Ward.
Both Martin and Dillon play the right side just as effectively as the left.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't understand why we don't just play him. He's looked decent but doesn't get more than 6 minutes of icetime before being sent down.

Yeah I know, Paul is totally NHL ready.

Hoffman-Duchene-Ryan
Dzingel-Brassard-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Paul-Thompson-Burrows
DiDomenico

Smith is injured for about 2 more weeks, so Paul has a spot right now. Let White get accustomed with the pro game in the AHL a little bit more.

Sens seem to be very patient with their prospects lately, and make them work very hard to earn some opportunity. That's a good thing I guess.

Don't know if this is enough but Jannik Hansen+Joel Ward for Nick Paul+ cap dump or Hansen for Paul straight up? How's your D? Would Dillon or Martin help at all?

No need for a D-man unless it would be for getting an impact D-man

Currently Harpur and Chabot are in the AHL and they definitely can play and contribute at the NHL level. Jaros and Englund are too far from being ready too, but Jaros has been injured lately. I think it's more likely next year in their case. Same for Lajoie, who might be 2 years away.

I'd prefer Hansen than Ward (37 y/o soon and not very fast). A Paul for Hansen deal would make sense, but I dunno. I think I would like to see Nick Paul for a full season in the NHL.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

Its a lot less about hate, but that he gets no love. And for reason. If he was all that he would not be an OK AHL player that he has been shown to be thus far, he'd be at this level, not producing lower AHL numbers at age 22 than Ceci did at age 20 as a D man.

He is definitely worth hanging onto for a few more years, bigger players develop later it seems. But for now I do not see the dominant player in him you are describing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad