Friedman: Teams being told OEL off the market; Possible contract extension in place?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Good for Arizona. I'm sure there will be comments about 'he's accepting losing' - the twitter comment section to Friedman looks cancerous - but I respect a guy willing to stick it out.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's good he's sticking around.
I think that team is looking at an upward trajectory starting this season so it sends a good message to the younger players.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I thought he wasn't on the market to begin with

He wasn’t..... He’s signed through next year.

But that didn’t stop teams from inquiring about him for the last two years (creating a forum’s worth of rumor and trade threads here on HF :laugh:) and after July 1 his trade value starts plummeting if he decided not to extend.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Coyotes, Ekman-Larsson nearing agreement on eight-year extension

The Coyotes are nearing an agreement with defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson on an eight-year contract extension, multiple sources told ArizonaSports.com on Monday. The contract extension would kick in for the 2019-20 season.

ArizonaSports.com reported previously that the two sides were discussing an eight-year extension with an average annual value of $8.25 million per year. It is unclear if those terms have changed, but the Coyotes feel confident enough that the deal will get done that they have told other teams he is not available in a trade, sources said.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Arizona must be a wonderful place to live. I'm going to say Yotes offer him 10mx8. He's giving up the chance for a Cup for the forseeable future but might (And I'm saying might cautiously here) be instrumental to help build a team to take them there. If that's the situation I'm in, to stay, I'd ask for 10m because I know I could get 7-8 elsewhere with a contender.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona must be a wonderful place to live. I'm going to say Yotes offer him 10mx8. He's giving up the chance for a Cup for the forseeable future but might (And I'm saying might cautiously here) be instrumental to help build a team to take them there. If that's the situation I'm in, to stay, I'd ask for 10m because I know I could get 7-8 elsewhere with a contender.
When you get to spend summers in Sweden, Phoenix might be the nicest place in the NHL. :sarcasm:

Reactions: GoldenSeal

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Good for Yotes fans. Bad for anyone hoping to snag a top tier offensive RHD. Like the Oilers :(. Also, bad for OEL who could've got that money on a team with hopes of contending soon. I don't think the Yotes will be close for awhile.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Good for Yotes fans. Bad for anyone hoping to snag a top tier offensive RHD. Like the Oilers :(. Also, bad for OEL who could've got that money on a team with hopes of contending soon. I don't think the Yotes will be close for awhile.
Well considering you didn't know OEL is a LHD, hope you'll excuse me for taking your forecast of the coyotes with an extremely large grain of salt.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
Well considering you didn't know OEL is a LHD, hope you'll excuse me for taking your forecast of the coyotes with an extremely large grain of salt.

Our LHD is not that great either when Russel and Seakera retire we will have a big hole in that postion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->