teammates/linemates #1 and 2 in assists

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
this was brought up on the canucks board this morning. how often have teammates finished 1 and 2 in assists at the end of the year? off the top of my head, you have crosby/malkin, gretzky/coffey, orr/espo, and mario/francis/jagr the year they went 1, 1, and 3.

i suspect that one of you with the databasing capabilities can spit out a list of every instance pretty easily.

the more interesting question is how many linemates have accomplished this? crosby and malkin weren't full-time linemates, and i don't think mario and francis played together all that often outside of the powerplay that year. which means that the sedins may have the opportunity to do something very very rare this year.

** p.s. what happened to the even strength goals for/against and powerplay goals for/against statistics on hockey-reference?

RabbinsDuck

Feb 1, 2008
Brighton, MI
Howe and Lindsay went 1st and 3rd and 1st and 4th a number of times, but never 1, 2.

Henri Richard and Beliveau did it in '63.
Beliveau and Rosseau tied for the lead in '66, along with Mikita.

Big winners are the Bruins when in 1971 when Orr, Esposito, Bucyk, Hodge, Cashman and Stanfield went 1-2-3-4-5-6!!!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
wow, #1-6 is unbelievable. when you think about how only two guys can assist on a goal, it's even more impressive than espo, orr, bucyk, and hodge all finishing in the top four in points or the five guys mentioned above finishing top five in +/-.

as is orr/esposito finishing #1/2 for six straight years.

by the way, am i misremembering or did we used to be able to see ES/PP goals for and against on the team stats pages so you can see who likely played with whom?

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
Phil Watson and Bryan Hextall 41/42 (Rangers).
D Bentley and R Conacher 48/49 (Blackhawks).
Olmstead and Harvey 54/55.
H Richard and Moore 57/58.

JKM

Jul 23, 2009
Nighbor and Darragh in 1919-20
G. Boucher and Clancy in 1923-24
Nighbor and Cy Denneny in 1925-26
Chapman and Schriner in 1935-36.

For some reason HockeyDB's statistics differ from other sources.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad