Teammate tells Karlsson to f**k off after risky hockey play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Wow.

Do you have any proof of this? Because if we have any type of proof that this is true Boucher needs to be canned yesterday. I imagine Karlsson also wrote his post-game script since Boucher was always saying that ''rest is a weapon''.
lmao of course it doesn't.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That is 100% on Boucher, not Karlsson. This whole org catered to EK and gave him a sense of entitlement that hurt him and the team. I place zero blame on EK, while he needed to go IMO, it's because of what the org made him into (bigger than everyone else).

Do McDavid, Eichel, Crosby have to go as well?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't doubt the room is broken. That Sharks core (even with Marleau gone) have been the biggest underachievers the NHL has seen in half a century. All that talent for nearly two decades and they have squat to show for it. :D

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The way he is playing, I don't think he is in a position to demand anything, quite frankly.

Been watching the Sharks games a lot have you?

I have and he's playing pretty well right now. He'd be a hot commodity if the Sharks had to move him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Engineer

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
FWIW, TSN just showed the last 4-5 minutes of the Sharks vs Stars game, and Karlsson looked really good.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Karlsson has been everything the Sharks have wanted this season.

He’s played 25+ minutes a night, given them fantastic analytic stats when he’s on the ice and hasn’t taken much of the spotlight away from their current stars.

It’s not his fault everyone else on San Jose is either on the wrong side of their careers or a AHL/NHL tweeter.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Karlsson has been everything the Sharks have wanted this season.

He’s played 25+ minutes a night, given them fantastic analytic stats when he’s on the ice and hasn’t taken much of the spotlight away from their current stars.

It’s not his fault everyone else on San Jose is either on the wrong side of their careers or a AHL/NHL tweeter.
So are you saying the sens roster is better? Because all we heard was the exact opposite when he was here (how he played with nobodies). Seems like an odd excuse. Sorry but analytics aside, the sharks were definitely expecting more than a 49 point pace. He’s expected to be a 60+ dman on any team. He’s been fine, but nowhere near Norris level or what they expected. At least from their perspective, he isn’t earning much in salary right now, so that’s good for them, but he wouldn’t be worth his new deal if he keeps this up. I don’t think they’d be clamouring to sign him.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
You know if we trade away Stone and Duchene there’s a good chance we’d have to sign EK in the offseason to hit the cap floor.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
So are you saying the sens roster is better? Because all we heard was the exact opposite when he was here (how he played with nobodies). Seems like an odd excuse. Sorry but analytics aside, the sharks were definitely expecting more than a 49 point pace. He’s expected to be a 60+ dman on any team. He’s been fine, but nowhere near Norris level or what they expected. At least from their perspective, he isn’t earning much in salary right now, so that’s good for them, but he wouldn’t be worth his new deal if he keeps this up. I don’t think they’d be clamouring to sign him.

When Erik came to San Jose he was supposed to be a contributor. Not the guy.

They didn’t want him taking minutes away from their core and a 20% drop in production was likely.

Would you like more? Yes, but I don’t think he’s been anything less than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad