Speculation: Team1200

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I really hate going to work on Sat / Sun and not being able to hear team1200 in the morning. Sometimes the podcasts are good but I've usually already heard the live stuff :(

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I think they just try to find a balance. Since hockey basically dominates during the week they want to give other sports/topics a chance on the weekends.

There is only so much you can say about our one professional sports team.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Literally every other market has it. Saturday's too for some. Not everyone can listen during the week.

Team 1200 trots out Kevin Laime to pimp himself and his golf school.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
When is Team 1200 going to flip to TSN 1200 and replace the played out losers like Steve Warne? Need some legit insight and info, not "man cave" banter, stupid brackets, lame email segments and hosts with garbage takes and knowledge.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
When is Team 1200 going to flip to TSN 1200 and replace the played out losers like Steve Warne? Need some legit insight and info, not "man cave" banter, stupid brackets, lame email segments and hosts with garbage takes and knowledge.

What would that mean for local sports stories?Would it be just more of the Toronto Sports Network stuff that we get all the time anyway on TV?

On Saturday the Jay and Dan podcast was on before the pregame show and I would happily listen to any of the guys on Team 1200 before I would subject myself to that again. ..It was painful in every way, 2 guys trying way too hard to be funny and quirky but just being tedious, full of inane and unfunny quips and repeated forced phony laughter every minute or so. There is no one that bad on Team 1200 .

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
What would that mean for local sports stories?Would it be just more of the Toronto Sports Network stuff that we get all the time anyway on TV?

On Saturday the Jay and Dan podcast was on before the pregame show and I would happily listen to any of the guys on Team 1200 before I would subject myself to that again. ..It was painful in every way, 2 guys trying way too hard to be funny and quirky but just being tedious, full of inane and unfunny quips and repeated forced phony laughter every minute or so. There is no one that bad on Team 1200 .

Do yourself a favour and turn your dial to TSN 690, you can get it pretty damn clearly anywhere in Ottawa. If not, give it or TSN Toronto 1050 a listen online.

No one "that bad" on Team 1200? I'm not sure if Steve Warne even watches much sports. He's horrible. If one of the "bigger" personalities on your station doesnt know the jersey number of your ONLY professional sports teams top prospect (arguably), he doesn't deserve his pay cheque. I can't stand him. I'm pretty confident there are posters on here with more in depth knowledge of the Ottawa Senators franchise.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Do yourself a favour and turn your dial to TSN 690, you can get it pretty damn clearly anywhere in Ottawa. If not, give it or TSN Toronto 1050 a listen online.

No one "that bad" on Team 1200? I'm not sure if Steve Warne even watches much sports. He's horrible. If one of the "bigger" personalities on your station doesnt know the jersey number of your ONLY professional sports teams top prospect (arguably), he doesn't deserve his pay cheque. I can't stand him. I'm pretty confident there are posters on here with more in depth knowledge of the Ottawa Senators franchise.

Im pretty sure most posters here know more about the Sens than anyone on the Team(except maybe Steve Lloyd or AJ)

But I agree with you on Steve Warne... He is just a lame character. Too much Man Cave/Mayor of Barhaven etc etc. Thats not to mention most of the losers that self gloss their own names(Manstretch Lou, The Matrix, etc) that usually send emails that have NOTHING to do with Sports.

Im not sure Id enjoy a straight TSN infusion but at least put guys on the air that are knowledgable and can actually talk sports...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->