Team with best young group (4) of forwards under 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
turnbuckle said:
The Habs aren't too badly off with Perezhogin, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Chipchura and Latendresse. A pretty solid group of five.

At least 4 of those players should be in the NHL next year as well. I assume Plekanec is over 22 which is why he isin't listed.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Ducksforcup said:
I would say that Ottawa, Anaheim, and the Blue Jackets are all tied for this award. :)
Not so much Ottawa. We have Patrick Eaves, and then some question marks. Spezza isn't eligible. Kaigorodov is too old.

The Sens top 4 would be: Patrick Eaves, Ilya Zubov, Igor Mirnov, and Cody Bass.

Nothing impressive about that after Eaves.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Fuhr86 said:
Ottawa has 2 awsome 22 and under players and one unknown in Russia.
Spezza 22
Eaves 21
Kaigorodov 22
Meszaros 20
Thats it with 22 and under in the NHL
Vermette is 23

KaptainKourage*

TSV, SammyTheBull the topic talk about FOWARD so no goaltender or defensman are eligible..

Montreal are pretty depth at offense but no superstar tough.

I think they have the best top 6 under 22 foward :
Plekanec Higgins Latendresse Kostitsyn Perezhogin Chipchura
wow :yo:

TeNeIghtY

Mar 25, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
TSV said:
some forgotten by you guys......

OTTAWA : MESZAROS
MONTREAL : PRICE
PITTS : WHITNEY
PHILLY : Niittimaki !?!?!?!

what about
CHI : Seabrook, Barker, Ruutu...
BOS : Bergeron, Boyes, Tuivonen...

thread is about : Top 4 FORWARD....

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
If it was 23 and younger I think Edmonton could compete with

Stoll, Hemsky, Torres, Schremp, Pouliot, and Cogliano

but under 22 only leaves us with Schremp, Cogliano and Pouliot. 3 promising players for sure, but not proven at the NHL level.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
LA has a good group of forwards in the system even after trading Tambs. Kopitar, Tukonen, Pushkarev, Boyle for the top 4. Parse, Kanko, and Lukacevic are also good prospects who are underrated. Not a bad list at all.

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
The Blues would fit into the discussion in say a tier 2. Maybe not the best top 4, but Oshie, Soderberg, Backes, and Shkotov are pretty solid prospects and given the rebuilding process already in place all should be given ample opportunity to prove/disprove that. Also Shiskanov is a sleeper if he's eligible.

The Fuhr*

SensGuy said:
Not so much Ottawa. We have Patrick Eaves, and then some question marks. Spezza isn't eligible. Kaigorodov is too old.

The Sens top 4 would be: Patrick Eaves, Ilya Zubov, Igor Mirnov, and Cody Bass.

Nothing impressive about that after Eaves.

Of course Spezza and Kaigorodov are eligible. There as old as Lupul in Anahiem thats why I used them.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
chiefmonarch said:
LA has a good group of forwards in the system even after trading Tambs. Kopitar, Tukonen, Pushkarev, Boyle for the top 4. Parse, Kanko, and Lukacevic are also good prospects who are underrated. Not a bad list at all.
It seems the Kings are quietly building a 'dynasty'. Lots of good young players in their system. Should be interesting to watch them all develop...

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Ice Demon said:
Dustin (they call me Rose) Boyd, Kris Chucko, Daniel Ryder and Brandon Prust. Competition over. Its obvious that Calgary is miles ahead of your inferior teams.

I'm a huge Brandon Prust fan as I went to high school with him, but Calgary's top 4 forwards have tons of grit and determination but they lack skill and finesse that COlumbus and Anaheim do.

Good to see lots of responses, but would like to point out i'm just asking about 4 FORWARDS and don't include the 2006 draft.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
I'm always surprised by the ability of people to jump into threads just to name their own teams prospects. I figure this comes down to two teams, and two teams only.

Washington: Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, whoever.
Pitty: Crosby, Malkin, whoever, whoever.

Nobody else can match that kind of firepower, because I don't think anyone else has a prospect with potential as great as a Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin. The question should really be if you prefer the two superstuds in Pitsburgh, or the one superstud and two lesser studs in Washington.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Squeaky said:
I'm always surprised by the ability of people to jump into threads just to name their own teams prospects. I figure this comes down to two teams, and two teams only.

Washington: Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr, Bourque.
Pitty: Crosby, Malkin, Christensen, Stone.

Nobody else can match that kind of firepower, because I don't think anyone else has a prospect with potential as great as a Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin. The question should really be if you prefer the two superstuds in Pitsburgh, or the one superstud and two lesser studs in Washington.

Caps very competitive. if Malkin lives up to his billing, then it's close. If not, Caps easily.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Squeaky said:

This thread clearly asked for the team with the best 4 forwards...not best 2 or 3 and whoever.

At least fill in the whoever if you want those teams nominated for this thread.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Squeaky said:

I would argue that the trio of Nash, Zherdev and Brule should be included with those two....

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Fuhr86 said:
Of course Spezza and Kaigorodov are eligible. There as old as Lupul in Anahiem thats why I used them.
How are they eligible? This thread is for forwards under the age of 22. Spezza is 22 and Kaigorodov is also 22, making them ineligible.

The Fuhr*

SensGuy said:
How are they eligible? This thread is for forwards under the age of 22. Spezza is 22 and Kaigorodov is also 22, making them ineligible.

I figured so too but Lupul was used as an example in the original post for Anahiem. If Lupul can be used the so can Kaigorodov and Spezza.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Nilsson-Tambellini-Bergenheim-Nokeleinen are all pretty good and NHL ready. I doubt they are the best but they should be up there.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
tom_servo said:
Only Crosby and Malkin are under 22.

M.A. Fleury will be 22 in November...I would suggest he be included with Crosby, and Malkin. Whitney just turned 23 last month...they may stink now, but watch out for the Pens, even if they are in another city when they all arrive as impact players on the NHL scene!!!

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
How about Carolina's top four:

Eric Staal
Jack Johnson
Andrew Ladd
Cam Ward

Philly's top four:

Jeff Carter
Joni Pitkanen