• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Big Phil said:
USA was definetly not underrated in '02. In fact although Canada outplayed USA in the gold Medal game, it was actually a 3-2 game until about 4 minutes left in the game. In '91, '96, '98 and '02 the USA had team that no one raised an eyebrow at if they had won. I wouldnt say that they were great in '04 though that's when they werent favourites by anybody to win even though they lost in the semis and came close. And '04 was very much a watered down tournament compared to '02 when every country had their best. So now with every country most likely having their best again and the '06 US not any better than the '04 US team it looks bleak for you guys.

Why does it look bleak Phil? Explain it to me.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
ferns8916 said:
I have seen a lot of people put Parrish on their teams.

Is he really that strong of a candidate? He only has 17 points in 25 games. Plus, he has never gotten much consideration in the past.

I think you will see Tkachuk, Guerin, Gionta, Cole, Blake, Knuble, York, Drury, and Langenbrunner all taken as wingers before you will see Parrish.
I think it has a lot to do with his strong play centered by Weight at the WC's last year. IIRC, he had something like 5 goals in 6 games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MisterUnspoken said:
Goalie Ryan Miller (if he comes back strong) could make the team. His play in the early season was stellar.

And Tom Poti has Olympic experience so while it may apall some, I would not be shocked to see him picked for the team.

Miller is a possibility, Tom Poti is not.

KH1

ferns8916 said:
I have seen a lot of people put Parrish on their teams.

Is he really that strong of a candidate? He only has 17 points in 25 games. Plus, he has never gotten much consideration in the past.

I think you will see Tkachuk, Guerin, Gionta, Cole, Blake, Knuble, York, Drury, and Langenbrunner all taken as wingers before you will see Parrish.

When you look at Parrish's numbers you have to consider the fact that much more valuable than the goals and assists that he racks up is his work in front of the net. Having gotten a chance to watch him every night for the last few years there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Mark Parrish is the best player in the NHL at screening the goaltender. He is always in the right place and he can get credited with phantom assists on almost all of the Islanders powerplay goals.

Plus he has international experience with the US which should definately work in his favor.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->