Team USA-Porter and Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
Hey I just picked up these guys in my keeper sim league, basically only because they were the only players left from team usa not on someone's roster. Any chances either Chris Butler or Kevin Porter make an impact?

MHNet

May 31, 2005
MichiganHockey.net
yelleforpres said:
Hey I just picked up these guys in my keeper sim league, basically only because they were the only players left from team usa not on someone's roster. Any chances either Chris Butler or Kevin Porter make an impact?

Porter should play a strong role for Team USA. He's a returning World Junior player and has been having a strong sophomore season at Michigan, currently leading the Wolverines with 10 goals. May not be as dynamic and flashy as others, but he's a very solid all-around player.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
MHNet said:
Porter should play a strong role for Team USA. He's a returning World Junior player and has been having a strong sophomore season at Michigan, currently leading the Wolverines with 10 goals. May not be as dynamic and flashy as others, but he's a very solid all-around player.

Great thanks MHNet..Anyone else have any info on Butler?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
yelleforpres said:
Great thanks MHNet..Anyone else have any info on Butler?

I really like Butler. At first glance he appears to be a very steady, if unspectacular defenseman, but he is a very good skater, is physical, and has an underrated offensive game. He's going to fit in pretty nicely on the U.S. blueline.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
I really like Butler. At first glance he appears to be a very steady, if unspectacular defenseman, but he is a very good skater, is physical, and has an underrated offensive game. He's going to fit in pretty nicely on the U.S. blueline.

I agree and I was glad to see Butler make the team as well. But I'll add one thing to what Rabid said and that is Butler's head for the game. He's a very smart player who doesn't make many mistakes.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Oilers Chick said:
I agree and I was glad to see Butler make the team as well. But I'll add one thing to what Rabid said and that is Butler's head for the game. He's a very smart player who doesn't make many mistakes.

He's from my adopted hometown of St. Louis, MO which also helps!

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
I think you are going to pleasently suprised with Porter. He's a returner, last year he played on the US's top line with Kessel and Danny Fristche. He had 3 goals and 2 assits and is only behind Kessel is scoring for returning players (Schremp also had 5) Porter should play in all situations.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
Spectacular_Bid said:
I think you are going to pleasently suprised with Porter. He's a returner, last year he played on the US's top line with Kessel and Danny Fristche. He had 3 goals and 2 assits and is only behind Kessel is scoring for returning players (Schremp also had 5) Porter should play in all situations.

Nice sounds like 2 quality pick ups..I really appreciate the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad