Team USA: Change back your uniforms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
I thought it was common sence to bring back the 1980 Miracle jerseys rather than use the old 1930's jersey. Seriously, wouldn't people much rather see team USA bring back to uniforms as a celebration of 1980? The World Cup is only a couple months shy of the 25th anneversary of that game and I think USA Hockey really should have the team use those rather than those pathetic other retro's being used.

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
I agree. I think this was a stupid idea. I mean 1980 means a whole lot more to American hockey than 1932, so what were these guys thinking??

Personally, I think the current USA IIHF In-Line jerseys are the best-looking USA jerseys ever:
pic1
pic2

The 96 World Cup ones were cool, too. The ones they have now are boring, and the 1932 one looks Pejorative Slured.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
devilsfan26 said:
Personally, I think the current USA IIHF In-Line jerseys are the best-looking USA jerseys ever:
pic1
pic2

There's just far too much going on with those jerseys. I like the current USA jerseys, because they're basic. The logo is nice, the jerseys are clean and simple. I feel the same way about Canada's jerseys, very nice logo, very basic/clean looking jersey. All that action going on at the bottom is pretty ugly, IMO.

As for the throwback 1932 jerseys, they wouldn't be so bad if the logo wasn't so damn small.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
If you read the article accompanying the picture of the 1932 jersey, you will see that those jerseys are only going to be worn for one game. It does not say which game it will be but it could very easily be just an exhibition game. They are not to be the primary jersey for the World Cup Tournament.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Postman said:
There's just far too much going on with those jerseys. I like the current USA jerseys, because they're basic. The logo is nice, the jerseys are clean and simple. I feel the same way about Canada's jerseys, very nice logo, very basic/clean looking jersey. All that action going on at the bottom is pretty ugly, IMO.

i agree completely. it's an interesting idea to have the outline of the usa on the bottom of the jersey, but it doesnt translate well into real life. i had to do a double take just to figure out what the hell it was. the "regular" team USA ones are much better. less clutter

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
arrbez said:
i agree completely. it's an interesting idea to have the outline of the usa on the bottom of the jersey, but it doesnt translate well into real life. i had to do a double take just to figure out what the hell it was. the "regular" team USA ones are much better. less clutter

But arent practically all in-line hockey jerseys "extreme" looking?

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
devilsfan26 said:
pic1
pic2

If there wasn't so much going on at the bottom of those jerseys they'd be okay. I still think the classic ones used at Salt Lake were the best. The new ones remind me of the European jerseys. Nice, but too plain.

mcfara

Jul 26, 2004
I like the 1980 jersys, the retro 30's jersey, and especially the 96 WC jerseys...just not the garbage regular jerseys they are going to wear for this yrs WC...give me anything other than that!!!!!

adam

Last edited by a moderator:

devilsfan26

Jul 10, 2003
Iselin/Piscataway NJ
I suppose Canadian_man is right, those jerseys are better suited for roller hockey since most roller hockey jerseys have a lot going on in them just like the ones I posted a link to. Would probably look doofy as an ice hockey jersey, though. I still think they can do better with the USA ice hockey jerseys though. Canada's is nice (except for the one with that black background, I hope those never get used).

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
devilsfan26 said:
I suppose Canadian_man is right, those jerseys are better suited for roller hockey since most roller hockey jerseys have a lot going on in them just like the ones I posted a link to. Would probably look doofy as an ice hockey jersey, though. I still think they can do better with the USA ice hockey jerseys though. Canada's is nice (except for the one with that black background, I hope those never get used).

Those black jerseys are cursed. The only game Canada lost in the Olympics was the game they wore those uni's.

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
devilsfan26 said:
pic1
pic2

I don't think I've seen a more hideously tacky jersey since the Vancouver V or that one Islander's third jersey.

I'm all for the 30s throwbacks.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Canadian_man said:
Those black jerseys are cursed. The only game Canada lost in the Olympics was the game they wore those uni's.

You sure they actually wore them? Because I remember them wearing their normal red jerseys in that game.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Canadian_man said:
No, they wore the black ones. I remember because that game still haunts me for some reason.

I think that it was our Juniors that wore the black jerseys.

The Olympic team wore the alternate red jersey (the one with the retro Canada logo) in their loss to Sweden if I'm not mistaken.

ish

Jan 3, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Canada's jerseys look fine but why the black the last eight or so years? No black in your flag. What's wrong with just red and white? The red and white ones from 94 were nice. No one else adds colors that aren't on their flags.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
ish said:
Canada's jerseys look fine but why the black the last eight or so years? No black in your flag. What's wrong with just red and white? The red and white ones from 94 were nice. No one else adds colors that aren't on their flags.
Its hard to make a really nice jersey using only 2 colors, especially just red and white. Besides, the 1994 jerseys also had grey on them (If I'm thinking of the same ones you are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad