-Pavlo Legachev (84) HC Kiev
-Ivan Nadzon (84) HC Kiev
-Oleksandr Proskurin (85) Barvinok Kharkiv
-Yegor Rufanov (85) HC Kiev
-Igor Shamansky (84) Gazovik Tyumen
-Oleksandr Shevchenko (84) HC Sokol Kiev
-Vitalii Verchenko (85) HC Kiev

--------------------------------------------------

Basically this team is made up of players from the Kiev area (HC Kiev and HC Sokol Kiev). With only one player that plays in North America, Mykola Voroshnov (Goaltender) who plays for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies. But if you were to take a glance at any of these players for some reason, take a look at Danylo Guryev (Defenceman) who is only 16 years of age.

Overall, this team will have a tough time in this tournament but if they keep focused and never say never they may finish ahead of Austria...

Canada plays Ukraine on December 29th at 18:30, and I believe it will be brodcasted by TSN

...By the way, any other Ukrainian Hockey Fans that will be cheering on our team through thick and thin?

Oilerboy40

Dec 10, 2003
Visit site
Yeah i will be cheering for Ukraine throughout the tourney, but i am a proud and passionate Canadian and Canada is my first choice. It looks like Team Ukraine will be relegated, but you never know, they could suprise and beat teams like Austria, and maybe Slovakia who is not fielding a very strong team either. It would probably help if players like Zherdev and Babchuk were a little more passionate about Ukraine, but oh well. Ukraine will most likely have a hard time in this tourney, but after Canada, i will be cheering for them.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Zine said:
Where's Ryabtsev and Primovich?

That's what I'm wondering too, Denys Ryabtsev played very good last year for Ukraine at Div 1 U20 Championships.

Ukraine is missing a lot of there key players from previous years like Anton Butochnov(1983), Vitaliy Gavrylyuk(1983), Artem Bondarev(1983) and Oleksandr Skorokhod(1983) and the list goes on...

But yet Ukraine does still have some weapons in Shevchenko, Lubnin, Galyuk returning to the team...

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
I would like them to go as far as they can too. Unfortunately not much hope here.

Nice to see guys from home town: :handclap:

-Danylo Guryev (87) Druzhba-78 Kharkiv
-Pavlo Bolshakov (85) Barvinok Kharkiv

I hope they won't get killed!

PavelBure

Jan 5, 2003
edmonton
Zherdev said:
That's what I'm wondering too, Denys Ryabtsev played very good last year for Ukraine at Div 1 U20 Championships.

Ukraine is missing a lot of there key players from previous years like Anton Butochnov(1983), Vitaliy Gavrylyuk(1983), Artem Bondarev(1983) and Oleksandr Skorokhod(1983) and the list goes on...

But yet Ukraine does still have some weapons in Shevchenko, Lubnin, Galyuk returning to the team...

1983's are too old for the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad