WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
next year i want us to use different players again! 3 years in row with different teams!

this will not happen but...

Steen - Zetterberg - Marcus Johansson
Burakovsky - Wennberg - Silfverberg
Hagelin - Järnkrok - Fast
Andreas Johnsson - Berglund - Marcus Sörensen

Klefbom - Karlsson
Dahlin - Hjalmarsson
Djoos - Nemeth

Lehner
Forsberg

could this team win gold ?
You need high end forwards really to win it IMO. The only real chance for that team to win a gold is if Lehner stands on his head and Karlsson ragdolls everyone alá 2017 playoffs.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I would say that our 2 last whc teams have been by far our 2 best whc team on paper. Not sure why, have the coaches before just suck that much in their communication with the players , or is it a big coincidence or what? But now all the suddently most of our best available players is saying yes. Hope the trend continues and that Grönborg learn the lesson that we actually becomes better of having the best players available on the team even in the best of the best tournaments, and no more Kruger etc in best of the best tournaments, and no more Hedman and Klingberg like cuts.

A extra credit to loyal players like OEL and Klingberg. They deserve this success. They where there even when not many other star players show up, and they have been a big reason to why we now have 2 straight gold medals.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
next year i want us to use different players again! 3 years in row with different teams!

Klefbom - Karlsson
Dahlin - Hjalmarsson
Djoos - Nemeth

Lehner
Forsberg

Klingberg and OEL is not just any 2 players, and if you shall continue with the same formula then you should add 2 star players from this 2 last years . That team would either way still better than our average whc team, but unless you add 2 star players or if someone has a breakout season like wennberg or burakovsky, i think they lack firepower upfront. defense still looks good if dahlin have a good season.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I would say that our 2 last whc teams have been by far our 2 best whc team on paper. Not sure why, have the coaches before just suck that much in their communication with the players , or is it a big coincidence or what? But now all the suddently most of our best available players is saying yes. Hope the trend continues and that Grönborg learn the lesson that we actually becomes better of having the best players available on the team even in the best of the best tournaments, and no more Kruger etc in best of the best tournaments, and no more Hedman and Klingberg like cuts.

A extra credit to loyal players like OEL and Klingberg. They deserve this success. They where there even when not many other star players show up, and they have been a big reason to why we now have 2 straight gold medals.
Wouldn't include the team last year as 2012 and 1998 were better than it on paper.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Klefbom - Karlsson
Dahlin - Hjalmarsson
Djoos - Nemeth

Lehner
Forsberg

No Bratt? Dude will probably be a monster for the devils next season, he hit the rookie wall this year and somehow was kept in the lineup after the usual 40-50 rookie games, might hurt his development that they did that, we'll see.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm

Because now the coaching staff has been a part of their development since they were pewees. Also, since the new way of playing (with Morts?) for the junior team, they love to play in the national team. They can play unrestricted and creative as long as they back check. Even Adam Larsson is pretending to be Gretzky behind the net in offensive zone. :laugh:

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
No Bratt? Dude will probably be a monster for the devils next season, he hit the rookie wall this year and somehow was kept in the lineup after the usual 40-50 rookie games, might hurt his development that they did that, we'll see.
I hope Bratt get some rest and then start training for next year. He is a tad to slow and a tad to weak. The fact that he still managed to produce and take a 1st line spot in the NHL is just based on his hockey iq, and of course his technical skills that allows him to take advantage of this iq.

He did have a outstanding year, next year people will expect more.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Wouldn't include the team last year as 2012 and 1998 were better than it on paper.

1998 i do not see at all. They had Forsberg, sundin and maybe dahlen yes, but beside that not so much. d-men overall medicore.

2012 i see as the third best, but very young.

2012vs2017
Goalies 2017 win on paper, they had lundqvist, our best goalie ever.
D-men: 2017 had OEL, Klingberg, Hedman in their prime, plus Brodin, Edler, Strålman (Strålman probably in his prime), while 2012 had some of these names as well, like Brodin and Hedman, but they where young and far from as good. 2012 had Karlsson also, but overall, hands down 2017 win the d-men battle.
Forwards: Overall i give a small edge to 2012 here, but not with any huge margin.
Overall: In my mind 2017 had a better team on paper.

either way, these 2 last year have been a trend shift when it comes to players accepting the invitation to whc.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Shame that Zetterberg didn't come this year. I thought he would like to end his career in Team Sweden on better note than injury making him miss 2016 World Cup. Why did Silfverberg not play?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Do you guys believe that Adam Larsson can make the Sweden's Olympic team?

OEL-Larsson was a very good pairing for Sweden

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Do you guys believe that Adam Larsson can make the Sweden's Olympic team?

OEL-Larsson was a very good pairing for Sweden

OEL-Larsson
Lindholm-Klingberg

This is where I would start from an objective standpoint.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
OEL-Larsson
Lindholm-Klingberg

This is where I would start from an objective standpoint.

Hedman - Karlsson is before them from my subjective standpoint. Then you got Brodin too among those who wasn't on the current team. Edler might be to old then. Not to old for playing D but compared with all the young talent not more than 30 at the Olympics.

Lindholm-Klingberg
Hedman - Karlsson
OEL/Larsson/Brodin/Ekholm

8 guys right there. Larsson fighting for a spot.

Edited, browser did not show all of the mess....

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
yeah hampus lindholm for sure have pushed away niklas hjalmarsson.

but i have my doubts that adam larsson is better than ekholm.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
forwards

Forsberg - William Karlsson - Arvidsson
Landeskog - Bäckström - Nylander
Rakell - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Silfverberg - Backlund - Hörnqvist

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Did not get to see any of Sweden's games. How was M. Backlund this tourney?
Pretty meh until Hörnqvist came in, which gave his line some life, and after that he got better every subsequent game(nearly scored shorthanded vs. USA, Pääjäärvi was right behind him to put it in so he got the assist instead.) Had a solid final, by OT he was the player who had the most energy left and so was also the forward with most time in it. Only wish is that he should've shot the puck more.

Reactions: Gaudfather

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I agree with this. Larsson as the seventh D. Maybe if Dahlin develops quickly, he could be the 7th D.

Id take Stralman above Larsson for sure.

Hedman - OEL
Karlsson - Stralman
Edler - Ekholm
Klingberg

Is how I would do it, unless Dahlin goes on a rampage of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad