WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Happy to see Larsson playing so well.

Last season was a bit tough for him with injuries and the loss of his father. Big expectations for him this season coming up.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Second place now :nod:

upload_2018-5-19_22-6-4.png

Reactions: theslatcher

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I have a bad feeling for tomorrow... Anyone else that feels the same way? :huh:
Nope, Finland had a weird tournament and Canada never meshed together.

Er, am I missing something?

They can't pass Canada into 2nd for either golds or total medals?

EDIT: Oh, passing Czechs in total medals.
Yeah, the Russia and Soviet Union(which I disagree grouping together) is misplaced, makes it seem like it's currently #1, also disagree with grouping Czechoslovakia with Czech Rep. Especially when Slovakia doesn't get the same treatment.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I have a bad feeling for tomorrow... Anyone else that feels the same way? :huh:
Most teams thats "supposed" to win have a hard time against defensivly minded teams. If the preassure dont work . Its easy to get goals against. And get frustrated. I am realy anxious about tomorrows game.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Most teams thats "supposed" to win have a hard time against defensivly minded teams. If the preassure dont work . Its easy to get goals against. And get frustrated. I am realy anxious about tomorrows game.

There's always a chance to get frustrated, but in the end the team that dictates usually wins. I don't think Switzerland is quite that team anymore to be honest, but if they sit back and let us carry the play I like our chances a lot. We win at least 8 out of 10 if that's the final tomorrow.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Fun fact, only three players on this squad were on last year's squad; Klingberg, OEL and Everberg (who has barely played). Speaks well of how much depth we've accumulated that we can make the finals two years in a row with two almost completely different rosters.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommySalo

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Martin Jones has a great swedish trainer. But not many swedish goalies at the top. Bit its a small country
I might remember this incorrectly but didn't Finland hire tons of Swedish goalie coaches 10+ years ago to improve that aspect in Finland?

Seems like we have tons of good trainers - but most aren't home. I'm cautiously optimistic about our current development in the goalie front, though.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
I might remember this incorrectly but didn't Finland hire tons of Swedish goalie coaches 10+ years ago to improve that aspect in Finland?

Seems like we have tons of good trainers - but most aren't home. I'm cautiously optimistic about our current development in the goalie front, though.
True. Hockey program is very well working there. NHL teams are using it too. Swedes has had a long and successful history of hockeyprogram. Kanada norway swiss finns germany using alot of swedish teachings. Swedes should be proud.

Swedes has not many great goalies themsleves though. Kinda wiered but they alwsys has a strongteam

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
There's always a chance to get frustrated, but in the end the team that dictates usually wins. I don't think Switzerland is quite that team anymore to be honest, but if they sit back and let us carry the play I like our chances a lot. We win at least 8 out of 10 if that's the final tomorrow.
It will be closer than the average fan thinks. Its one game and Switzerland can not be more motivated. The yellow wall will be an enormous preassure if we play crappy. So first goal is specially importent this game. Dont think Sweden played nowere near of 60min great hockey this far.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Happy to see Larsson playing so well.

Last season was a bit tough for him with injuries and the loss of his father. Big expectations for him this season coming up.
Yup, very happy. I questioned if he should be replaced after the Latvia game, he responded with a shutout. He looks ready.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Fun fact, only three players on this squad were on last year's squad; Klingberg, OEL and Everberg (who has barely played). Speaks well of how much depth we've accumulated that we can make the finals two years in a row with two almost completely different rosters.

next year i want us to use different players again! 3 years in row with different teams!

this will not happen but...

Steen - Zetterberg - Marcus Johansson
Burakovsky - Wennberg - Silfverberg
Hagelin - Järnkrok - Fast
Andreas Johnsson - Berglund - Marcus Sörensen

Klefbom - Karlsson
Dahlin - Hjalmarsson
Djoos - Nemeth

Lehner
Forsberg

could this team win gold ?

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
next year i want us to use different players again! 3 years in row with different teams!

this will not happen but...

Steen - Zetterberg - Marcus Johansson
Burakovsky - Wennberg - Silfverberg
Hagelin - Järnkrok - Fast
Andreas Johnsson - Berglund - Marcus Sörensen

Klefbom - Karlsson
Dahlin - Hjalmarsson
Djoos - Nemeth

Lehner
Forsberg

could this team win gold ?
No offense but that team does not win gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad