WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
:(

i like lias, but he is not ready for top 6 duty. but he can play on 4th line and do a fine checking job.

i suspect steen, berglund, z, lundqvist and karlsson declines:

Lehner
Markström
Hellberg

A.Larsson - Klingberg
OEL - Edler
Pilut/Persson/Martinsson - Rahimi

Gustav Nyquist - Mikael Backlund - Elias Pettersson
Mattias Janmark - Mika Zibanejad - Elias Lindholm
Pär Lindholm - Anton Lander - Patrik Zackrisson
Axel Jonsson Fjällby - Lias Andersson - Dennis Rasmussen

dahlen should be tested. 2 games against denmark is coming soon then there is carlson hockey games and sweden hockey games. the step from allsvenskan to world championship is very big.

regarding rahimi, the guy has the best plus minus in shl. he is good in defensive zon and gives a safe first pass. he was our best defender in wc 2014 before he got injured. he is playing on that 2014 level this season. having a guy that safe while being a physical force is a valuable thing for the team. put him on the 3rd pairing with a skilled defender and he will do a fine job.

As I said he’ll be fine against the not so good teams, but as a Växjö supporter he’s still terrible with the puck even if he shows a willingness to play with it.

Dahlén should be tried for sure but I don’t think I’d want him on the WC team IMO, maybe the stat sheet looks good but I think he struggled with Karlskronas trap game in all honesty.

Not sure I’d even want Berglund at this point.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Nylander isn't playing. He has a contract to sign.

You're right, I forgot. What the hell are we gonna do without Nylander? But his dad is loaded so maybe... "I cover 8 million (Draisitl average a point a game) minus 6 million (what you get on one leg) = 2 million, just give me 100.000 ( a father always have bargain leverage). Sort of "drulleförsäkring". Go and have fun with Lundqvist and the boys. Svenska (think American Gigolo) Hockeyförbundet must solve this. Foppa och Sudden kan betala (they can pay)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nice suprise with Lias.

But why is he not on the Swehockey roster?

Btw the article says that Zetterberg has declined.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Hope Andersson has not already been promised a spot on the final team. He did not look like a WC player when he played in the SHL. Camp tryout is fine.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Nice suprise with Lias.

But why is he not on the Swehockey roster?

Btw the article says that Zetterberg has declined.

Because ... Atlantic Ocean. The first game vs. Denmark is already on Thursday (in Rungsted). Andersson & Backlund might be ready for the second match in Rødovre on Saturday.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Wait a sec. Zibanejad wants to play whc but why is lias andersson asked but not Z ????

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
But Lindström basically had to carry the swedish offense at the olympics by himself with his zero points.
magnus nyström an idiot as usual, calls lindstrom best player in SHL. I cant believe the fact that media bagged on pettersson at wjc but did not notice zero points lindstrom at olympics. it pisses me off.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah, well it’s Nyström, he’s probably the worst example out there.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah, well it’s Nyström, he’s probably the worst example out there.

I like to see some youth movement at whc. 21 year old nylander was the difference last year. When will grönborg learn that modern hockey is about youth and skill.

I bet pettersson would do very well at whc, but why do i have a feeling that he will be snubbed again. Because grönborg is too proud to admit his mistakes.

I harped on båg and mårts, but grönborg is even worse so far.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I like to see some youth movement at whc. 21 year old nylander was the difference last year. When will grönborg learn that modern hockey is about youth and skill.

I bet pettersson would do very well at whc, but why do i have a feeling that he will be snubbed again. Because grönborg is too proud to admit his mistakes.

I harped on båg and mårts, but grönborg is even worse so far.
Yeah he along with Bäckström, Landeskog, the best goalie of the past decade, defensemen so good it would make any NHL coach cream his pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->