WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
No point at all in picking the Skellefteå line again they couldn’t even produce against the top euro players, they should not be expected to produce here and they can’t defend for **** they are UTTERLY useless.

Yeah, you're totally right - that'd be a grave mistake.
Grönborg better form a young gun line around Elias Pettersson & Jonathan Dahlén. Swedish media reported that Dahlén is being looked at. Crossing fingers.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So, Lundqvist and Omark from european teams. Anyone else? Everberg, Axelsson and "Njurunda" Eriksson? Enroth?

omark have never produced against top nations.

everberg takes dumb penalties.

did you not see how bad axelsson was in og and euro hockey tour?

who is eriksson.

enroth - i agree.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
if i am not misstaken fast and zibanejad is playing on the same line togehter with kreider. and this line have 20 points in last 10 games or something. colorado seems to be missing playoffs....put in landeskog with fast and zibanejad and we have a great line.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I guess we have to wait until after Slovakia games to see which players are not in the race.

It would be cool with a Kronwall defense pairing. Don't they like each other?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Adam boqvist but no dahlin?!

Dahlin was a whiner during the OG. Forever banned! ;) Joke aside, things have been a bit hectic around him. SEL, JVM, Draft 1:a, OG!!, PO and now compete for a WCH spot, play his best during a hard World Championships before preparing for the draft and summer training before NHL. Puh. Then 82 games on that. Risk for a burnout if you ask me.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Here's everyone who played game for Tre Kronor this season (except goalies):

Linus Omark, f, Salavat Yulaev Ufa ------------------- lost to Trakor recently

Anton Lander, f, Ak Bars Kazan ------------------- KHL playoffs

Joakim Lindström, f, Skellefteå AIK --------------------- SEL playoffs

Pär Lindholm, f, Skellefteå AIK -------------------- SEL playoffs

Dennis Everberg, f, Avangard Omsk -------------------

Mikael Wikstrand, d, Färjestads BK ------------------- SLOVAKIA

Oscar Möller, f, Skellefteå AIK --------------------- SEL playoffs

Patrik Zackrisson, f, Sibir Novosibirsk --------------------- SLOVAKIA (Sibir not in KHL playoffs)

Dick Axelsson, f, Färjestads BK ----------------- SEL loser 29/3

Alexander Bergström, f, Sibir Novosibirsk ------------------- (Sibir not in KHL playoffs)

Patrik Hersley, d, SKA St. Petersburg -------------------- KHL playoffs

Fredrik Pettersson, f, ZSC Lions ------------------ NLA playoffs

Andre Petersson, f, Avangard Omsk -------------------

Rasmus Dahlin, d, Frölunda HC ------------------ SEL loser 29/3

Joel Lundqvist, f, Frölunda HC ----------------- SEL loser 29/3

Staffan Kronwall, d, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ------------------

Johan Fransson, d, Genève-Servette HC ------------------

Andreas Engqvist, f, Djurgårdens IF ------------------- SEL playoffs

Viktor Stålberg, f, EV Zug -----------------

Robert Nilsson, f, ZSC Lions ----------------- NLA playoffs (have not played games, concussion]

Henrik Tömmernes, d, Genève-Servette HC ------------------

Magnus Nygren, d, HC Davos -----------------

Simon Bertilsson, d, Brynäs IF ------------------ SEL loser 26/3

Jonas Ahnelöv, d, Avangard Omsk ------------------ Injured in Avangard's first round KHL playoffs loss

Erik Gustafsson, d, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk ------------------

John Norman, f, Jokerit ----------------------- SLOVAKIA

Rasmus Asplund, f, Färjestads BK ---------------------- SLOVAKIA

Patrick Cehlin, f, Luleå HF ---------------------- SLOVAKIA

Johan Ryno, f, Färjestads BK ------------------ SEL loser 29/3

Marcus Högström, d, Djurgårdens IF ----------------- SEL playoffs

Jonas Junland, d, Lausanne HC ------------------

Carl Klingberg, f, EV Zug ---------------------- SLOVAKIA

Niclas Burström, d, Ugra Khanty-Mansiysk --------------------- Ugra-Shanty did not reach KHL playoffs

Joakim Andersson, f, Örebro HK --------------------- twice U20-"A" (12g 2+10=12) and three full season a Red Wings player did not reach playoffs with Örebro in the SEL

+

Boqvist Adam

Ginning Adam

Almqvist Adam

Nyberg John

Pilut Lawrence

Brännström Erik

Grundström Carl

Rödin Anton

Olofsson Victor

Sundström Johan

Lindqvist Michael

Liss Olle

Suspiously missing:

Dennis Everberg, f, Avangard Omsk ------------------- Five KHL playoff games, soon to be united with Lander and Omark?

Andre Petersson, f, Avangard Omsk ------------------- five goals in six games in the KHL playoffs

Staffan Kronwall, d, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl ------------------ KHL playoffs loser, nine games

Johan Fransson, d, Genève-Servette HC ------------------ First round NLA playoffs loss

Viktor Stålberg, f, EV Zug ----------------- first round NLA playoffs loss

Henrik Tömmernes, d, Genève-Servette HC ------------------ First round NLA playoffs loss

Magnus Nygren, d, HC Davos ----------------- First round NLA playoffs loss

Erik Gustafsson, d, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk ------------------ Played only two out of five games in the first unsuccessful round of the KHL playoffs.

Jonas Junland, d, Lausanne HC ------------------ No NLA playoff games for Lausanne this year.

PS. Rickard Gynge in KHL

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Dahlin was a whiner during the OG. Forever banned! ;) Joke aside, things have been a bit hectic around him. SEL, JVM, Draft 1:a, OG!!, PO and now compete for a WCH spot, play his best during a hard World Championships before preparing for the draft and summer training before NHL. Puh. Then 82 games on that. Risk for a burnout if you ask me.

I think he'll be fine, Olympics became more like a vacation for him and no deep playoff run now either. That said it's good to give him a week or two off. I'm not saying he's a complete lock for WCH, now we have the luxury of adding NHLers and they are a lot, but I'm sure he'll be on the roster a few weeks from now and then we'll see how it goes.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Many youngsters in the team. Ginning, Boqvist for example, not even drafted. Will be intresting to see how they do.

omark have never produced against top nations.

everberg takes dumb penalties.

did you not see how bad axelsson was in og and euro hockey tour?

who is eriksson.

enroth - i agree.

Which european player has done that really? Even our best players in NHL have problem to do that on regular basis. Omark has pretty much always these last years been our best european player in the national team, not sure why you have different standards for him then the rest of european players and demand that he shall dbe differencemaker against the best nations when no other european player is that? One could maybe wish for more points, but it is so small sample size, he has play pretty good, better than most NHL players do.

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Axel Jonsson Fjällby!? I would say yes. He is young but i think he is already now good enough to play for Tre Kronor.

He is absoltuly fun to watch, but he has no experience from this level and most shl players do not look very good in whc even if they look good in shl, and the time for testing him would be now, but he is not available now. But sure if he has a remarkable good playoff why not gamble. Hard to not like him, and i also think he would do a decent job, but we have fairly similar players in NHL.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm sorry. He's been so poor in almost every outing this year, I can't imagine he'd be of use at the WC's.

He is absoltuly fun to watch, but he has no experience from this level and most shl players do not look very good in whc even if they look good in shl, and the time for testing him would be now, but he is not available now. But sure if he has a remarkable good playoff why not gamble. Hard to not like him, and i also think he would do a decent job, but we have fairly similar players in NHL.

Are guys like Olofsson and Asplund (speaking from a perspective of SHL draftees I follow) simply getting placeholder minutes then until the NHL players start to filter back as their season's come to a close? I'm happy both made the initial roster, but my expectation is that Asplund at least is replaced by a more savvy, experienced pro sooner rather than later.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
I'm sorry. He's been so poor in almost every outing this year, I can't imagine he'd be of use at the WC's.

Are guys like Olofsson and Asplund (speaking from a perspective of SHL draftees I follow) simply getting placeholder minutes then until the NHL players start to filter back as their season's come to a close? I'm happy both made the initial roster, but my expectation is that Asplund at least is replaced by a more savvy, experienced pro sooner rather than later.

Yeah Asplund chances are probably small, but Olofsson have a decent chance if he preform well. Not many if any from that team will make the final team is my guess.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Again Nylander played last year after the playoffs were done for his team but might not this year due to his contract situation.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

simply not true. Buffalo is a horrible team and lehner has done well. You say he hasnt done a single good game this year? Simply false, not our fault you hate the guy. What swedish goalie has been better you think? Exactly we dont have enough goalies.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
simply not true. Buffalo is a horrible team and lehner has done well. You say he hasnt done a single good game this year? Simply false, not our fault you hate the guy. What swedish goalie has been better you think? Exactly we dont have enough goalies.

I don't like the way he's played all year. Bad goaltending has been a big factor in many early and mid-season game, both Lehner and Johnson. Fans could and still do figure there will be one goal against per night that is simply not to NHL standards. Lehner's had serious problems with fundamentals all season, from failing to hold the post on the most basic of shots and not dropping early. For big guy, he's both weak 5-hole and high which is odd on so many levels. Him giving up bad goals at key points in the game has been a let down time and again to his teammates - it simply makes the situation worse. Until this year, I thought he'd had enough stretches of solid play to warrant development and continued use, but he's been subpar as a starter since opening night. That isn't hate - wish he had the fire back he showed after coming back from his ankle injury 2 years ago when he showed more than capable of stopping both the mundane and the difficult chances. If you want to watch every one of his starts this season like I have, feel free. It's not pretty.

I don't know what other goalies Sweden can trot out for the tournament. My hope is that Lehner goes and performs well, either to rebuild his own confidence going into summer training or re-establish his trade value. Feel free to keep the attitude for someone else.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I don't like the way he's played all year. Bad goaltending has been a big factor in many early and mid-season game, both Lehner and Johnson. Fans could and still do figure there will be one goal against per night that is simply not to NHL standards. Lehner's had serious problems with fundamentals all season, from failing to hold the post on the most basic of shots and not dropping early. For big guy, he's both weak 5-hole and high which is odd on so many levels. Him giving up bad goals at key points in the game has been a let down time and again to his teammates - it simply makes the situation worse. Until this year, I thought he'd had enough stretches of solid play to warrant development and continued use, but he's been subpar as a starter since opening night. That isn't hate - wish he had the fire back he showed after coming back from his ankle injury 2 years ago when he showed more than capable of stopping both the mundane and the difficult chances. If you want to watch every one of his starts this season like I have, feel free. It's not pretty.

I don't know what other goalies Sweden can trot out for the tournament. My hope is that Lehner goes and performs well, either to rebuild his own confidence going into summer training or re-establish his trade value. Feel free to keep the attitude for someone else.

Firdt of all, lehner has been better than carey f***ing price this season. Second, i noticed people started hating lehner ever since he said he supported trump. It has nothing to do with his play. People hated him before season started. And plz dont lump him with johnson whose stats are way worse.

To answer your question; lehner is the best swedish goalie after lundqvist this season and should playbin WHC. End of case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad