U18: Team Sweden 2021 U18 WJC roster talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
When are we gonna get good coaches? We swedish fans need to do something. Stop being lazy guys. We need to organize protests outside swedish federation headquarters. The swedish hockey federation is pissing on swedish hockey with this constant choosing of awful coaches for our junior national teams.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
When are we gonna get good coaches? We swedish fans need to do something. Stop being lazy guys. We need to organize protests outside swedish federation headquarters. The swedish hockey federation is pissing on swedish hockey with this constant choosing of awful coaches for our junior national teams.

I think there are bigger problems than just coaching. Sticking to east-west hockey on small ice is a bad idea. It's time to make the switch to smaller rinks. Our players can't keep up.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think there are bigger problems than just coaching. Sticking to east-west hockey on small ice is a bad idea. It's time make the switch to smaller rinks. Our players can't keep up.
Switching to the NHL rulebook finally, the switch to smaller ice is only a matter of time, so why not do it now? Best time to do it really.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think sweden ends in a blockbuster quarterfinal... Will end up facing one of Finland... US or Russia. That will be the match if the day.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Östlund into 12 forwards... As 4C, moving Eljas to the wing. I'd like to say I'm shocked, but it be how it be. Aho into top-6 over Forsmark is... A choice. Kangas out too, which... Ok, ok.

Reactions: AB13

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What a warrior Victor Sjöholm is. Brings it every shift. Hit everything that movies even thought he is pretty small.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
i think he been decent in all games....the canada game everyone was horrible.

He can skate, handle the puck and play physical. But the moment he decides to pass the puck up the ice...

I've liked Asplund. Shame he hasn't gotten more icetime.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
03:00 start. I don't blame SVT for passing on this one. I've enjoyed the commentating on svenskhockey.tv anyway.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Team next year?

Hugo Hävelid
Alexander Hellnemo

Mattias Havelid - Elias Salomonsson
Calle Odelius - Hugo Fransson
Oscar Pantzare - Joel Kjellberg
Theo Lindstein

Alexander Suzdalev - Filip Bystedt - Liam Öhgren
Egor Polin - Noah Östlund - Fabian Wagner
Tim Almgren - Helmer Styf - Leo Carlsson
Noah Dower Nilsson - Jonathan Lekkerimäki - Rasmus Rudslätt
Isac Born

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Team next year?

Hugo Hävelid
Alexander Hellnemo

Hugo Fransson - Elias Salomonsson
Calle Odelius - Joel Kjellberg
Oscar Pantzare - Theo Lindstein
Elias Pettersson

Alexander Suzdalev - Filip Bystedt - Liam Öhgren
Egor Polin - Noah Östlund - Fabian Wagner
Tim Almgren - Helmer Styf - Leo Carlsson
Noah Dower Nilsson - Jonathan Lekkerimäki - Rasmus Rudslätt
Isac Born

You expecting Mattias Hävelid to be occupied with SHL playoffs? ;)
Will be a deeper team at center and forward at least. Extremely difficult to predict anything, seeing how little hockey many of these have played this season. Looking forward to Hlinka Gretzky Cup.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Suzdalev - Östlund - Öhgren
Zetterberg - Bystedt - Lekkerimäki
Styf - Carlsson - Wagner
Lagerqvist - Kilpinen - Almgren

Fransson - Salomonsson
Odelius - Hävelid
Pettersson - Kjellberg
Good Bogg

Hävelid

Would make a good team for Hlinka, tbh hard to predict the team, many players who I like but we'll see what happens, and who performs. Not too sure about goalies beyond Hugo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->