Team Russia's Lines Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

A Russian friend of mine has just sent me the complete lineup for the opening game against Slovakia. It was announced in a newspaper called Sport Express.

Forwards :

Kovalev (C) - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
Sushinsky - Yashin - Kharitonov
Frolov - Kozlov - Korolyuk
Afinogenov - Malkin - Ovechkin

Defensemen :

Kasparaitis - Tyutin
Gonchar - Volchenkov
A. Markov - D. Markov
Zhukov - Vishnevsky

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
The good thing is the Malkin and AO are on the same line, the bad thing is that their on the forth line. IMO that line the second best line. Malkin is better than Yashin. Why is kovalev playing LW if he's a RW and why is AO playing RW i thought he's LW? Datsyuk/Kovie should be a lethal duo, ditto with Malkin/AO. This team should be very exciting to watch.

Proffessor G DIDDY

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Apparently Pavel Bure said that the team wouldn't be playing accordance to specific lines. Which basically means that all 4 lines will get a decent chance in the 1st period and which ever lines performs well will get more ice time.

Personally I think the 1st line is awesome. Datysuk the supreme playmaker with a super sniper in Kovalchuk next to him and Kovalev a good shooting and passing attacker. The fourth also performed very well during the World Championships. The 2nd and 3rd line look good as well, Yashin and Kozlov provide a big physical presence in the centre of the ice, Kharitonov and Frolov are very responsible defensively and Sushinsky and Korolyuk are capable of a quick incisive counter attack.

The defensive pairing are very smart. Playing Gonchar with Volchenkov is definitely a good idea, same applies with the Tyutin, Kaspar combo and the Danny and Andre Markov pairing. A aggressive hitting defensemen is paired with a offensive defensive, which should bring balance and effeciency to the Russian blue line.
I also heard Sokolov is playing the 1st 2 games, which really isn't too bad a move he's always done well Russia in the World Championships.

So all in all not so bad team and team definitely capable of bringing home a medal, but the colour will be determined by how well this side jells together and whether they're disciplined and stick to their game plans.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
shawn_kemp said:

a true russian hero...congrats to him for making the team. i didn't even know he played hockey anymore...truth be told, i was under the impression he had died...several decades ago.

but i guess anyone who leads an army into berlin deserves special consideration.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I heard that AO would play with Malkin and Kovalev.

Maybe they changed their minds

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
MissionHockey said:
Ovechkin on the 4th line? Malkin should probably be playing the 3rd line over Kozlov. Who is the Russian captain, Yashin? Maybe Kovalev?

Numbering does not matter. They'll be given ice time according to the performance.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
MattNJD said:
btw, how does Sergei Brylin NOT make this team???????????
Ask any NJ fan, and they would easily take Brylin over Kozlov anyday of the week. Maybe Kozlov will try in the Olympics? :dunno:

Edit: You are a NJ fan, my bad. But for those who didn't know... :teach:

shawn_kemp*

Garp said:
I heard that AO would play with Malkin and Kovalev.

Maybe they changed their minds

Or maybe it turned out that Montreal's commentators are not Russia's coaches after all! :eek: It's a scoop!

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
MissionHockey said:
...and why is Yashin on the 2nd line with two no-name left wings?

hmm lets see... BECAUSE ITS YASHIN?

why are Sushinsky and Kharitonov playing with some no-name center?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
MissionHockey said:
...and why is Yashin on the 2nd line with two no-name left wings?
Sushinski a no-name!? Some call him the best player out side the NHL... Kharitonov no scrub.

Must be part of the "plays out side NHL, must be bad player" group...

shawn_kemp*

lanks said:
hmm lets see... BECAUSE ITS YASHIN?

why are Sushinsky and Kharitonov playing with some no-name center?

that sounds fair to me :D

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Proffessor G DIDDY said:
I also heard Sokolov is playing the 1st 2 games, which really isn't too bad a move he's always done well Russia in the World Championships.

It is very very possible that he'll play the Slovaks, since he always did well against them and Euros in general, but two games in a row is too much, I think the goalies will be rotated in the first 3 games.

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
Den said:
You didn't even have announce the flag under the avatar, Yash-bashing comes with the territory I guess

what do you expect? I'm surprised more Russian's aren't making fun of him.

PapaBear*

Papabears lines

Kovalev - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
Frolov - Malkin - Ovechkin (this line would hit everything in sight)
Afinogenov - Yashin - Kharitonov
Sushinsky - Kozlov - Korolyuk

shawn_kemp*

please, guys, keep all this trash talk off this topic, alright?

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
deathbear said:
a true russian hero...congrats to him for making the team. i didn't even know he played hockey anymore...truth be told, i was under the impression he had died...several decades ago.

but i guess anyone who leads an army into berlin deserves special consideration.
Sergei Zhukov - Yaroslavl Lokomotiv

Someone should alert the team and his family, I'm surprised he died several decades ago and nobody but you noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad