Team Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proffessor G DIDDY

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Russia apparently have one defensive forward Kharitonov but the guys is 5'9'' 160 lbs i'm pretty sure this is not the required to take some of bigger rougher NHLers. Sergei Brylin should have been taken on this squad is great defender and a brilliant counter attacker, and he's proven himself against tougher opposition.

Another player I would have taken is Oleg Kvasha instead of Viktor Kozlov, Kvasha is better defender, about the same size and is also a better skater. But really prefer to have Dainus Zubrus in the squad, although he's not able to under IIHF rules.

Another solid all round player is Slava Kozlov, he's a skilled attacker and speedy hardworking defender. All these players are equally good on the powerplay and at even strength.

Proffessor G DIDDY

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Oleg Kvasha has been pretty good over the last couple of seasons. He's improved his skating a lot and skates very quickly for really big man (6'5'' 230 lbs). Kvasha has got the speed, size and reach to make him a very effecient penalty killer. He wins a ton faceoffs more than half actually and is very useful on the powerplay. And unlike V. Kozlov he's actually goes to the net hard, he could add another dimension to the Russian offense while being extremely responsible on defense.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Test-match
Yesterday night in Lausanne (SWI)

Switzerland - Russia 1-2 (0-0; 1-1, 0-1)

1-0 30:12 Beat Forster (Thomas Ziegler, Thierry Paterlini)
1-1 35:28 Grigorenko Igor (Grigori Misharin)
1-2 45:11 Sergei Zhukov (Evgeni Malkin, Kirill Koltsov)

CCCR

Dec 20, 2005
Lithuania, and cali
Larionov Fan said:
Prolly best to keep Ovechkin and Kovalchuk apart unless you want to saw the puck in half. Otherwise my money's on the kid cross checking Kovalchuk into the boards and getting his shots.

But in all honesty, i can't see this being any different from any other Russian team. Guys witholding their services and the team suffers. It's a damn shame... if united this nation could win gold every year.

:clap: :clap: hahaha that is so funny, but it is so true

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Larionov Fan said:
Prolly best to keep Ovechkin and Kovalchuk apart unless you want to saw the puck in half. Otherwise my money's on the kid cross checking Kovalchuk into the boards and getting his shots.

But in all honesty, i can't see this being any different from any other Russian team. Guys witholding their services and the team suffers. It's a damn shame... if united this nation could win gold every year.

It is indeed funny... But I don't think so. I don't think these guys are selfish, they just believe that they are the best option in almost any situation; but I think they have all the respect for each other's talents, so they'd have no problem playing off each other..

roccol

Mar 9, 2004
Why the hell isn't Slava Kozlov on this team. He is a hell of a lot better then Viktor Kozlov. He has heart!

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
roccol said:
Why the hell isn't Slava Kozlov on this team. He is a hell of a lot better then Viktor Kozlov. He has heart!

Kozlov, overall was a questionable choice.
I would rather have Brylin on the team.
The best Russian defensive forward.

Proffessor G DIDDY

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I could kind of see what the selectors were going for. They were going a big chekcing type player who had the skills to counter attack, but Viktor Kozlov is not great defensively and doesn't really have the skates to trouble anyone on the counter attack.

Thats why I would have preferred a player like Kvasha, he's a lot better skater and more skilled on both sides of the puck.

They also selected Kharitonov as speedy defensive player but Sergei Brylin is the obvious choice for that position. He has proven himself to be a great defensive forward in a faster and rougher league and he has more skill and experience on attack.

Both Brylin and Kvasha can play all the 3 forward positions, are very good in the faceoff circle and can be used in any situation but they excel on the penalty kill. And I believe their NHL experience would be highly valuable as most players on opposition power plays will be NHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->