Team Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Shoalzie said:
Are they just being fashionably late? Anyone know when they are going to make their announcement?

I'm just picturing in my head the line of Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Ovechkin... :bow:

I like Kovalchuk -Malkin-Ovechkin better.

Because I can rearrange the letter and call it the MOK (Mach) line :D

Oh, and their announcement is supposedly coming Dec 23 13;00 Moscow time. No idea what day or time that translates to here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
octopi said:

Oh, and their announcement is supposedly coming Dec 23 13;00 Moscow time. No idea what day or time that translates to here.

That will be like 2 am eastern or something

Larionov Fan

Dec 30, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
octopi said:

Prolly best to keep Ovechkin and Kovalchuk apart unless you want to saw the puck in half. Otherwise my money's on the kid cross checking Kovalchuk into the boards and getting his shots.

But in all honesty, i can't see this being any different from any other Russian team. Guys witholding their services and the team suffers. It's a damn shame... if united this nation could win gold every year.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Is Grigorenko a possibility? I ask only because I don't follow the international scene as much as I'd like and I've never seen him play.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Shoalzie said:
Is Grigorenko a possibility? I ask only because I don't follow the international scene as much as I'd like and I've never seen him play.
Well, selections from Russia will be based on performance at ROSNO Cup where played all who can make it. Grigorenko wasn't there.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Kaizer said:
Well, selections from Russia will be based on performance at ROSNO Cup where played all who can make it. Grigorenko wasn't there.

That's cool...just had to ask. I'm eager to see him in Detroit next year.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Larionov Fan said:
Prolly best to keep Ovechkin and Kovalchuk apart unless you want to saw the puck in half. Otherwise my money's on the kid cross checking Kovalchuk into the boards and getting his shots.

But in all honesty, i can't see this being any different from any other Russian team. Guys witholding their services and the team suffers. It's a damn shame... if united this nation could win gold every year.

Hey, Ovechkin can pass. Check out his assists. Frankly, Kovalchuk has a lot of assists as well.

As far as the latter part of your statement, remember until about 15 years ago, Russia had serious human rights problems. I'm sure some of these guys remember how miserable that was.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
octopi said:
Hey, Ovechkin can pass. Check out his assists. Frankly, Kovalchuk has a lot of assists as well.

Plus the team will consist mostly of young players who otherwise wouldn't be on the team.

CCCP

Nov 17, 2005
i16.photobucket.com
octopi said:

Dec 23rd, 5 AM EST. Moscow time is ahead of EST by 8 hrs.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Richard_Zednik said:
Captain Kovalev!!

The answer to the question "Who is one of the four players on team Russia old enough to shave daily" ;)

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
octopi said:
The answer to the question "Who is one of the four players on team Russia old enough to shave daily" ;)
Come on, we all know Ovechkin started shaving at 12 y.o. :yo:

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I dont' get it: the roster should be in IIHF's office today. We announce it tomorrow however, and there's no announcment on the IIHF site... The only possibility is that it has been submitted, but the IIHF was asked not to disclose it untill tomorrow. But, everybody pretty much knows 95% of the team anyway...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Eh... Pavel is probably still proving to Kirkunov that Valeri should be on the roster. :sarcasm:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Den said:
But, everybody pretty much knows 95% of the team anyway...

Care to enlighten us? I don't know which guys want to play and those who do. I know Fedorov isn't playing. What's the goaltending situation...is Khabibulin going to play?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Kaizer said:
You can count Malkin's beard for 2 ;)

He shaves so often that I've never even seen his beard!

octopi said:

I heard Malkin shaves between intermissions. So fast his beard development!

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
octopi said:

Real Considerations for Captain:
Kovalev
Yashin
Sushinsky

Players over 30 that are locks:
Kovalev
Yashin
Sushinsky
Gonchar
Zhitnik
Khabibulin
Sokolov
Kozlov

Players that we will most likely see:
Korolyuk (29 now, turning 30 January)
Nabokov
Brylin

Players with an outside shot, but may very well be on the taxi squad:
Kasparitis
Zhamnov
Some RSL defencemen
*gulp* Khavanov is for some reason held in high regard by Russian coaching staff :confused:

Anyways, also plenty of guys in the 26-29 range like Markov, Bryzgalov, Zyuzin, Tverdovsky, Morozov, ect.... Its quite an old team, with just a few young guns in OVechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Volchenkov, Frolov and maybe Tyutin/Kalinin/Kulyash.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Shoalzie said:
Care to enlighten us? I don't know which guys want to play and those who do. I know Fedorov isn't playing. What's the goaltending situation...is Khabibulin going to play?

With latest developments being what they are, the team looks a little like this:

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Kovalev
Kovalchuk-Yashin-Korolyuk
Kharitonov-Malkin-Sushinsky
Frolov-Brylin-Afinogenov
Extra: Viktor Kozlov

A. Markov-Gonchar
Volchenkov-Zhitnik
Tverdosvky-D. Markov
Extra: Tyutin

Khabibulin
Sokolov
Nabokov (even though there is indication Bryzgalov will take this spot)

Injury reserve (taxi squad): Zvinovjev(center), Morozov (wing), Kasparitis (defence) who go to the Olympics but dont dress unless there is an injury.

Notes: the declinations in order of importance were Zubov, Samsonov, Federov, Mogilny, Malakhov. Some suspect the last 3 or 4 bowed out to save face at not being selected.

As for my actual squad: Its a tossup between Bryzgalov or Nabokov for that 3rd spot, but Bryzgalov has recieved some indication he will make it. Morozov may very well make it ahead of Korolyuk or Kharitonov. Defence could change with additions of Kulyash, Kasparitis, or Kalinin. We could even see Khavanov, Vishnevsky, some RSL guy, or Zyuzin on the taxi squad. That 4th center position taken up by Brylin is questionable and he can be replaced by V. Kozlov, Zvinovjev, or even Zhamnov. Otherwise the roster is pretty much set in stone already.

No Semin (shot at taxi squad), Grigorenko, Kaigorodov, Zherdev, ect for all you following your prospects. Honorible mention to Zhamnov who is willing to play as always, Kulyash who is a young offensive dynamo and is the future of Russian offensive defencemen, and Zherdev, Grigorenko, Semin, Perezhogin, Barulin, Koshechkin, Bryzgalov, Babchuk, Kalinin, Vyshedkevich, Vorobiev, (possibly Radulov, Salubov, and Voloshenko), and the rest of the kids that will contend for the 2010 roster.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
With latest developments being what they are, the team looks a little like this:

Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Kovalev
Kovalchuk-Yashin-Korolyuk
Kharitonov-Malkin-Sushinsky
Frolov-Brylin-Afinogenov
Extra: Viktor Kozlov

A. Markov-Gonchar
Volchenkov-Zhitnik
Tverdosvky-D. Markov
Extra: Tyutin

Khabibulin
Sokolov
Nabokov (even though there is indication Bryzgalov will take this spot)

Injury reserve (taxi squad): Zvinovjev(center), Morozov (wing), Kasparitis (defence) who go to the Olympics but dont dress unless there is an injury.

I would question only three positions here: we might see Morozov instead of Kharitonov, Zhamnov instead of Brylin and Kulyash/Kaspar in place of Tverdovsky.

greatwhite101*

I'd take Brylin. I do not know what is wrong with ZHamnov this year.

ChuckNorris

Jan 25, 2006
Moscow
i'd like to see the line with Ovechkin as left wing, Malkin at center and Sushinsky at the right... that line gonna kill every game IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->