Team Russia WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I noticed Dainius Zubrus was playing for Lithuania, which is kind of surprising since he suited up for Russia at the World Cup.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I noticed Dainius Zubrus was playing for Lithuania, which is kind of surprising since he suited up for Russia at the World Cup.

Different set of rules at WC than at WCH. World Championships is a IIHF event whereas World Cup of Hockey was a NHL & NHLPA event.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Boucicaut said:
Different set of rules at WC than at WCH. World Championships is a IIHF event whereas World Cup of Hockey was a NHL & NHLPA event.

Yeah, I know that. Kind of surprising nonetheless.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Rabid Ranger said:

I also noticed that. I looked at his stats from the World Champoinship he's playing at the moment and I tought he should be dominating there but he's not.

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
rananda said:
Why is Morozov not on their roster. He was one of the better players in the RSL. He must have declined to participate, anyone know what's going on?

He wasn't invited at first. There were contemplations that he might be included since Frolov is out, but Morozov said that he already has other plans and won't come.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sorry for the near-comical translation. But from what I gather here he felt a bit slighted for not being invited initially and, hence, declined further involvement.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
there's not much to say about this team : on paper, it is much weaker than the 2004 World Cup team, which was already without more than the half of its stars.

The goaltending is a weak spot, as is the defense. The offense should have difficulties scoring anything.

The only positive note is probably the presence of Dynamo's coach Vladimir Krikunov.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
There's no final roster, but today there was an exhibition game between CSKA and Russia, and a part of CSKA's roster was filled with players from the National team.

Anyway, CSKA won that game 3-2.

Here are the lineups :
Team Russia

Kovalev - Datsyuk - Kharitonov
Simakov - Zinovjev - Kovalchuk
Antipov - Yashin - Nepryayev
V. Kozlov - Skugarev - Semin
F. Fedorov - Malkin - Ovechkin

Vyshedkevich - A. Markov
Ryazantsev - Proshkin
A. Titov - Vishnevsky

Sokolov
Zvyagin

CSKA (only National team's players)

Afanasenkov - Simakov - Grigorenko

Kulyash - Denisov
Karpovtsev - Kalinin

Fomichev
Yeremenko

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
wilka91 said:
There's no final roster, but today there was an exhibition game between CSKA and Russia, and a part of CSKA's roster was filled with players from the National team.

Anyway, CSKA won that game 3-2.

Here are the lineups :
Team Russia

Kovalev - Datsyuk - Kharitonov
Simakov - Zinovjev - Kovalchuk
Antipov - Yashin - Nepryayev
V. Kozlov - Skugarev - Semin
F. Fedorov - Malkin - Ovechkin

Vyshedkevich - A. Markov
Ryazantsev - Proshkin
A. Titov - Vishnevsky

Sokolov
Zvyagin

CSKA (only National team's players)

Afanasenkov - Simakov - Grigorenko

Kulyash - Denisov
Karpovtsev - Kalinin

Fomichev
Yeremenko

wilka, did Frolov, Samsonov, and Afhinogenov not accept?

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
I noticed Ivan Nepryayev's name in there...somewhat of a surprise, even with all the big-name ommisions.

What sort of year has this Capitals prospect had?...and what's he likely to bring to the ice for Team Russia?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
EroCaps said:
wilka, did Frolov, Samsonov, and Afhinogenov not accept?

Afinogenov did not play because he had some medical control today.
Samsonov was injured during the playoffs (head) and nobody really knows where he is now.
Frolov : first the papers wrote that he had some sort of injury, the next day they wrote he just left to LA. I fear he has some problem with the coach.

SENSible1*

wilka91 said:

Interesting. This was posted on the Sens board yesterday.
Yesterday, 10:30 AM · #5
RedAce
Алексей Ковалев Фан

"Kaigorodov Is in camp and is competing for a spot.
And let me say this kid is GOOD Real GOOD!!!! "

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I haven't heard anything about Kaigorodov since the Russian press reported he was injured. :dunno:

rananda

Dec 24, 2004
is this is a joke

are you serious. morozov was the fourth leading scorer in the rsl and by all accounts one of its best players. ready and willing to play in the wc and he doesnt get an ivite?!?! is the rhf a complete joke. this makes no sense. it's hard to keep rooting for this team when they continually pull crap like this. no wonder a large majority of their team refuses to play for them, something unthinkable in almost any other country. i hope this team goes down hard.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
What about Perezhogin? He had a pretty good season and considering some of the players that aren't on the team I'd think he has a chance of making the team.

afinogenov

Sep 17, 2004
rananda said:
are you serious. morozov was the fourth leading scorer in the rsl and by all accounts one of its best players. ready and willing to play in the wc and he doesnt get an ivite?!?! is the rhf a complete joke. this makes no sense. it's hard to keep rooting for this team when they continually pull crap like this. no wonder a large majority of their team refuses to play for them, something unthinkable in almost any other country. i hope this team goes down hard.

You're right. Think about Zherdev, he played a great season but wasn't invited either. This sucks. Only because Russia doesn't want to become a modern hockey nation, these great players have to stay at home. Why the f*** they don't accept great players and create a team which includes great players, who are satisfied with the team's officials?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
rananda said:
I will root for them anyway. They can select guys from Upper league - It doesn't matter what surnames are on their jerseys, it matters what logos are on them, at least for me.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Habsfunk said:
What about Perezhogin? He had a pretty good season and considering some of the players that aren't on the team I'd think he has a chance of making the team.

Injured. :help:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Kaizer said:
I will root for them anyway. They can select guys from Upper league - It doesn't matter what surnames are on their jerseys, it matters what logos are on them, at least for me.

Same here. As much as I hate Steblin, as incompetent as he is, and no matter how many players are refusing to play, I will root for Russia.

I can't believe Steblin was re-elected president of the RHF ... but he had no opponents, so ...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Steveorama said:
Would it be rude of me to point out the irony of Russians complaining that they can't send their best players to the World Championships?
;)

I think we're used to it. We know that there is NO hockey federation in Russia, and it's not very encouraging, but well, as long as it lasts Russia will be sending teams with a half or even less of its best players.

And as far as I'm concerned this is good news for everyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad