TEAM RUSSIA WC roster here it comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGLIATTI

Apr 23, 2004
MI
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2forsbergaura1 said:
well,i read a quote of him saying that he wont play because the WC is too close to start of the NHL regular season. i really dont think that team russia needs him to win. he is a great player but he's becoming a bit past his prime. its up to guys like datsyuk to take over. the russians have plenty of good centers anyway(zhamnov, yashin, datsyuk, nikolishin, v.kozlov, c.brylin). i'm more worried about the russians having too much finesse. they really need to pick a team that has KVASHA, V.KOZLOV, and players like with size and some toughness.

I think he will play for sure if Tikonov is not the coach, and as for past his prime.....(zhamnov, yashin , datsyuk, nikolishin, v.kozlov, c.brylin) are not near Fedorov even now. Datsyuk has yet to prove he can do anything under pressure. He still does not even have a playoff goal. I think a good line would be Kovalchuck/Samsonov-Fedorov-Ovechkin(if he is picked)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I agree. No matter what Sergei's stats are compared to those of Kovalchuk, Datsyuk, Yashin ... he's just way better than any of them. It's so obvious when you watch him play.

IMO the top line should be Samsonov - Fedorov - not Kovalchuk. They played really well together at the Olympics, but Kovy screwed 90% of their good plays. Put Kovy on the 3rd line with Datsyuk!

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
Kovalchuk Fedorov Kovalev
Datsyuk Yashin Mogilny
S.Kozlov Zhamnov Korolyuk
Kvasha Nicolishin Afinogenov
X:Brylin, Ovechkin, V.Kozlov

Malakhov Markov
Zubov Kalinin
Yushdkevich Tverdovski
X:Mironov

How bout that?

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
colonel_korn said:
What is the appropriate term for someone from Belarus then? I've only heard people say Belarussian.

I am from Minsk, Belarus and "belarussian ... bieh-la-russian" is the proper word. We only get offended when called White Russians. :lol

P.S. Leave Ruslan Salei alone. He's the only decent player we have.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I prefer this one :

Samsonov - Fedorov - Ovechkin (or Mogilny?)
Yashin - Zhamnov - Kovalev
Frolov - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
S. Kozlov - Nikolishin - Morozov

X : Sushinski, Kvasha, Afingoenov, V. Kozlov, V. Bure, Korolyuk

Malakhov - D. Markov
Gonchar - Kasparaitis
Kalinin - Tverdovsky

X : Zhitnik, Yushkevich, Zubov, B. Mironov, Vlochenkov

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Sokolov

X : Bryzgalov

Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
rupispupis said:
I am from Minsk, Belarus and "belarussian ... bieh-la-russian" is the proper word. We only get offended when called White Russians. :lol

You may feel that way but you have to know that Belarussian is not a word a lot of people there like. It's just like saying Belarussia which is no better than White Russia.

The accepted adjectives are belarusan and belarusian.

http://www.pravapis.org/art_belarusian_adjective.asp

From the page:

The adjective Byelorussian is still very wide-spread over the Web (54,000 pages according to the above data). This is an old Soviet form that stems from the Russian spelling of our name.

Given the destructive nature of the Russian imperial rule that Belarus had to endure, many people in Belarus would find the adjective Byelorussian even offensive. So if you want to treat Belarusians with respect, eliminate Byelorussian and other similar forms (Belorussian) from your vocabulary.

Last edited:

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Russia is the only team that, if all teams play at 110% (which never happens) could beat Canada. I am surprised how little Frolov is being looked at - because I was very impressed with him this year and think he would be a very valuable asset to the team. Also - could somebody please enlighten me how Tikonov still gets these jobs when it is clear that the players don't like playing for him and he hasn't had success in the international stage for HOW long!?!?! Like I don't get what high ranking official puts him in charge - because isn't Fetisov the sports minister in Russia (and I would presume that he could make changes if he wished) and did he not leave in part because he hated playing under Tikonov?! Somebody please explain the situation to me.

Brownies

wilka91 said:
I prefer this one :

Samsonov - Fedorov - Ovechkin (or Mogilny?)
Yashin - Zhamnov - Kovalev
Frolov - Datsyuk - Kovalchuk
S. Kozlov - Nikolishin - Morozov

X : Sushinski, Kvasha, Afingoenov, V. Kozlov, V. Bure, Korolyuk

Malakhov - D. Markov
Gonchar - Kasparaitis
Kalinin - Tverdovsky

X : Zhitnik, Yushkevich, Zubov, B. Mironov, Vlochenkov

Khabibulin
Nabokov
Sokolov

X : Bryzgalov

Andrei Markov is way better than most d-man ahead of him.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
«The adjective Byelorussian is still very wide-spread over the Web (54,000 pages according to the above data). This is an old Soviet form that stems from the Russian spelling of our name.

Given the destructive nature of the Russian imperial rule that Belarus had to endure, many people in Belarus would find the adjective Byelorussian even offensive. So if you want to treat Belarusians with respect, eliminate Byelorussian and other similar forms (Belorussian) from your vocabulary.»

Oh, cry me a river...

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
Slick Nick said:
«The adjective Byelorussian is still very wide-spread over the Web (54,000 pages according to the above data). This is an old Soviet form that stems from the Russian spelling of our name.

Given the destructive nature of the Russian imperial rule that Belarus had to endure, many people in Belarus would find the adjective Byelorussian even offensive. So if you want to treat Belarusians with respect, eliminate Byelorussian and other similar forms (Belorussian) from your vocabulary.»

Oh, cry me a river...

:nopity:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mine:
Samsonov - Fedorov - Kovalev
S.Kozlov - Yashin - Kovalchuk
Datsyuk - Zhamnov - Ovechkin
Frolov - Nilolishin - V.Bure

Extra : Morozov, Kvasha, Afinogenov, V. Kozlov,Korolyuk

Gonchar - Zubov
Zhitnik - Kalinin
A.Markov - D. Markov

Extra : Kasparaitis, Tverdovski, Malakhov, B. Mironov,Volchenkov

Khabibulin
Bryzgalov
(dont know any other good russian goalie :cry:(btw nabokov can't play for russia )

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Markov said:
Nabokov CAN play!

:banghead: How many times must we go through this? The rule was changed and it now allows him to play for Russia.

Actually, the rule change has no bearing on the World Cup as it isn't an IIHF tournament. However, he can play if he wants to because the World Cup/Canada Cup has always had a more lax policy with regards to teams a player can and cannot play for (Trottier for the US, Stastny for Canada, Nedved for the Czechs... these players all wouldn't have been allowed to play for these teams under IIHF rules).

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
cagney said:
Actually, the rule change has no bearing on the World Cup as it isn't an IIHF tournament. However, he can play if he wants to because the World Cup/Canada Cup has always had a more lax policy with regards to teams a player can and cannot play for (Trottier for the US, Stastny for Canada, Nedved for the Czechs... these players all wouldn't have been allowed to play for these teams under IIHF rules).

I'm sorry but no matter what the policy of the World Cup is, on March 24th or 25th, the IIHF ruled that Nabokov can play for Russia!!!

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
thome_26 said:
Russia is the only team that, if all teams play at 110% (which never happens) could beat Canada. I am surprised how little Frolov is being looked at - because I was very impressed with him this year and think he would be a very valuable asset to the team. Also - could somebody please enlighten me how Tikonov still gets these jobs when it is clear that the players don't like playing for him and he hasn't had success in the international stage for HOW long!?!?! Like I don't get what high ranking official puts him in charge - because isn't Fetisov the sports minister in Russia (and I would presume that he could make changes if he wished) and did he not leave in part because he hated playing under Tikonov?! Somebody please explain the situation to me.

Are you stupid?

Here's Canada's record against Finland+Sweden+Czechs in 1998 and 2002 Olympics :

2-3-1

habsfan9

Feb 23, 2004
laval, qc
2forsbergaura1 said:
well, considering RUSSIA is too busy watching "MIRACLE" and trying to figure out how those American boys play hockey, let me tell everyone what their roster SHOULD be. and yes,i'm Russian and yes, i know they need some size and toughness(will provide).
oh,and keep in mind, FEDOROV is too lazy to play, he said NO cause the WC is too close to the NHL season...poor baby!

KOVALCHUK - ZHAMNOV - S.KOZLOV (altanta connection on wing)
KVASHA - YASHIN - KOVALEV (Islanders connection on left side)
V.KOZLOV - ANTROPOV - MOGILNY (checking line with TOR con.)
SAPRYKIN - DATSYUK - SAMSONOV (young energy line)

extras: Nikolishin, C.Brylin, Chubarov (great checkers and centers)

Defense:
MALAKHOV - D.MARKOV (tough FLYER duo)
KASPARAITIS - GONCHAR
SKRASTINS - KALININ (never knew Skrastins was russian till now!)

extras: Volchenkov, Zubov

Goalies: starter: Khabibulin...then Nabokov and whoever
very bad defensive lineup

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
wilka91 said:
Are you stupid?

Here's Canada's record against Finland+Sweden+Czechs in 1998 and 2002 Olympics :

2-3-1

And here's Canada's result at the last Olympics and past two World Chamionships:
GOLD
GOLD
GOLD

It's not stupid to suggest Canada is the favourite and can win this tournament if they play as good as they should.

To be honest I don't see Russia's lineup doing much. A lot of one dimensional players that are easy to shut down with tight checking. Well behind Sweden and the Czech's in my opinion.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
To be honest I don't see Russia's lineup doing much. A lot of one dimensional players that are easy to shut down with tight checking. Well behind Sweden and the Czech's in my opinion.

:lol:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
ZBORNAJA said:

If you want to be taken seriously you might want to try stringing two thoughts together and defend your opinion. Russian hockey has been a shadow of it's former self for a decade and a half. If you think the lineup you have, consisting of Yashin, Zhamnov, Kvasha, Samsonov, etc is going to win a battle of the world's elite you are in for a big time shock.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
I know (almost 99% sure) they wont won or even be among best 3...But that isnt because they are one dimensional but because they dont have system(coach) and they dont have heart and will...U will be in a big shock how they can play better if they can only have 1 of those 2 things,and with both things ...well i dont know how much shock u can handle

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
ZBORNAJA said:
I know (almost 99% sure) they wont won or even be among best 3...But that isnt because they are one dimensional but because they dont have system(coach) and they dont have heart and will...U will be in a big shock how they can play better if they can only have 1 of those 2 things,and with both things ...well i dont know how much shock u can handle

I was struck by lightning once. I can handle it. I'm judging these players based on their play in the NHL, with the world's best coaches and systems. They aren't the kind of players that bring home championships.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
And here's Canada's result at the last Olympics and past two World Chamionships:
GOLD
GOLD
GOLD

What does the World Championship have to do with any of "this"?

The only results that count on International level is :

Nagano : 4th place
Salt Lake : 1st place

So stop telling me that Canada is some unbeatable hockey nation because they're not better than at least 4 other teams.

ZBORNAJA

Dec 28, 2002
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
I was struck by lightning once. I can handle it. I'm judging these players based on their play in the NHL, with the world's best coaches and systems. They aren't the kind of players that bring home championships.

SO fedorov had nothing to do with detroit sucess? Sammy was one of 3 best Boston players in this playoffs,Kovalev and A.MArkov were good with MOntreal,philly russians were also playing great..etc etc..
Have u ever watched russian 5 in detroit...now that was playing hockey...
HOw come the russians have so much success with junior teams but after these players are of to NHL they cant assemble the winning team? What is difference between juniors and NHL? Think of something green...with pictures of important men on them...That and understanding of russians mind and soul(with exceptions) will give u clue why NHL picture should be taken with reserve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad