TEAM RUSSIA WC roster here it comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
well, considering RUSSIA is too busy watching "MIRACLE" and trying to figure out how those American boys play hockey, let me tell everyone what their roster SHOULD be. and yes,i'm Russian and yes, i know they need some size and toughness(will provide).
oh,and keep in mind, FEDOROV is too lazy to play, he said NO cause the WC is too close to the NHL season...poor baby!

KOVALCHUK - ZHAMNOV - S.KOZLOV (altanta connection on wing)
KVASHA - YASHIN - KOVALEV (Islanders connection on left side)
V.KOZLOV - ANTROPOV - MOGILNY (checking line with TOR con.)
SAPRYKIN - DATSYUK - SAMSONOV (young energy line)

extras: Nikolishin, C.Brylin, Chubarov (great checkers and centers)

Defense:
MALAKHOV - D.MARKOV (tough FLYER duo)
KASPARAITIS - GONCHAR
SKRASTINS - KALININ (never knew Skrastins was russian till now!)

extras: Volchenkov, Zubov

Goalies: starter: Khabibulin...then Nabokov and whoever

leafaholix*

Antropov is a Kazak and Skrastins is Latvian, not Russian.

Nabokov tried to play for Russia in 2002 but wasn't allowed. He's also Kazak.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
THANKS for those comments guys. i guess i didnt do my HW just like team russia didnt!
well, this is what we do then:
1. Nikolishin will be the checking line center instaed of ANTROPOV then
2. R.SALEI goes on defense instead of SKRASTINS
3. NABOKOV? who cares, they have khabibulin as starter
4. as for V.KOZLOV, yes, he can check. he played good defense in florida lately and as you know, the DEVILS dont ever take a player who is not able to play defense! he'll be just fine, and if he's not they can put C.BRYLIN or CHUBAROV in there...my extras

Beakermania*

Zubov is the 2nd best dman they have, how come he's on the bench :dunno: .

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
2forsbergaura1 said:
THANKS for those comments guys. i guess i didnt do my HW just like team russia didnt!
well, this is what we do then:
1. Nikolishin will be the checking line center instaed of ANTROPOV then
2. R.SALEI goes on defense instead of SKRASTINS
3. NABOKOV? who cares, they have khabibulin as starter
4. as for V.KOZLOV, yes, he can check. he played good defense in florida lately and as you know, the DEVILS dont ever take a player who is not able to play defense! he'll be just fine, and if he's not they can put C.BRYLIN or CHUBAROV in there...my extras

1. works
2. Salei is Belarusian, not Russian.
3. Nabokov CAN play for Russia, due to the rule change. he'd never be able to play for Kazakhstan again, though. Big deal.

joe_shannon_1983*

Here is my Russian team:

Sergei Samsonov - Sergei Fedorov - Alexei Kovalev
Ilya Kovalchuk - Pavel Datsyuk - Pavel Bure
Andrei Nikolishin - Alexei Yashin - Alexander Mogilny
Vyacheslav Kozlov - Alexei Zhamnov - Valeri Bure
EXTRAS: Victor Kozlov, Nikolai Zherdev, Sergei Brylin

Sergei Gonchar - Daniil Markov
Darius Kasparaitis - Sergei Zubov
Alexei Zhitnik - Dmitri Yushkevich
EXTRAS: Andrei Markov, Oleg Tverdovsky

Nikolai Khabibulin
Evgeni Nabokov
EXTRAS: Ilya Bryzgalov

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
THANKS again guys. see, teamwork! if only russia ever used TEAMWORK when making rosters! more changes then:
1. who needs SALEI anyway when u have my favorite boy, VOLCHENKOV! nice combo there with him and KALININ!
2. as for ZUBOV, he is not the second best dman in my book. maybe the second best OFFENSIVE dman, yes! can he play defense without a HATCHER next to him???? UMMM, NO! so,he's on the bench in case an offensive dman gets hurt.
3. since i now have some room on the bench(losing antropov, salei), i'll add Morozov and Vishnovsky to bench

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
JCS you have the stars on there, but do they have toughness on each line like i have it? not really. your first line is all finesse and fedorov said eh wont play anyway. second line,again all finesse and bure wont play. third line, checking line, is not a checking line cause YASHIN cant check no matter how big his CHECK is!

jcs_1983_shannonman said:
Here is my Russian team:

Sergei Samsonov - Sergei Fedorov - Alexei Kovalev
Ilya Kovalchuk - Pavel Datsyuk - Pavel Bure
Andrei Nikolishin - Alexei Yashin - Alexander Mogilny
Vyacheslav Kozlov - Alexei Zhamnov - Valeri Bure
EXTRAS: Victor Kozlov, Nikolai Zherdev, Sergei Brylin

Sergei Gonchar - Daniil Markov
Darius Kasparaitis - Sergei Zubov
Alexei Zhitnik - Dmitri Yushkevich
EXTRAS: Andrei Markov, Oleg Tverdovsky

Nikolai Khabibulin
Evgeni Nabokov
EXTRAS: Ilya Bryzgalov

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
How much of a chance does Afinogenov have of making the squad in other's opinion? I think he was a very pleasant surprise on the Olympic team and should find a spot somewhere on this roster.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
i love afinogenov but he is rather small for NHL size rinks. he did great in olympics cause there you have more room to skate,which is his game. i would put him as an extra on maybe on fourth line if u must

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Fedorov has waffled on whether he plays or not, I think a lot of depends on the coach and GM of the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. But to say that he won't for sure isn't a fact.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
well,i read a quote of him saying that he wont play because the WC is too close to start of the NHL regular season. i really dont think that team russia needs him to win. he is a great player but he's becoming a bit past his prime. its up to guys like datsyuk to take over. the russians have plenty of good centers anyway(zhamnov, yashin, datsyuk, nikolishin, v.kozlov, c.brylin). i'm more worried about the russians having too much finesse. they really need to pick a team that has KVASHA, V.KOZLOV, and players like with size and some toughness.

Fincan

Aug 1, 2002
LordStanleysPlace
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
2. as for ZUBOV, he is not the second best dman in my book. maybe the second best OFFENSIVE dman, yes! can he play defense without a HATCHER next to him???? UMMM, NO! so,he's on the bench in case an offensive dman gets hurt.

Last year against the Oilers in the playoffs Zubov was not playing with Hatcher and I came away in awe of him. I was saying to myself and to others, something that was being heard around Edmonton a lot at that time, is that if that is the way Zubov always plays then he should be considered for the friggin Norris. I know he elevated his game, but it shows what Zubov is capable of, good offenice, smart in his own end, and I cant name another guy as good at keeping the puck in at the blueline as he is. That leads to goals and saves them. I think you vastly under-rate Zubovs overall game.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Call me a homer but I think Frolov is good enough to play for Russia and he's certainly better than some of those players mentioned.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2forsbergaura1 said:
SKRASTINS - KALININ (never knew Skrastins was russian till now!

He's not, he's Latvian. Who told you Skrastins was Russian?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Kasparaitis has 3 more months to get in shape ... and as far as I know he loves playing for the National team, so he will do everything possible to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->