Team RUSSIA: Best and Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
This is for all of our Team Russia fans!! In this thread lets put our "Best or Better" players and Players that didnt help the team one bit."Bad" players who might wanna be left of the team if they dont change the way they play for next olympics/national team. Kudos to Team Finland, and Czechs for beating us, please though refrain from gloating like i've seen you do in other threads, especially Team SUOMI fans.

My nominations are:

Best: Darius Kasparitis-This guy is well known, he isnt that fast or that big doesnt have the fastest shot or the most accurate(actually its pretty bad) but he was one of the bright stars for our confused somewhat squad, Shot blocking, huge bodychecks, well made plays, fearless, this guy really impressed me, and I watch him all the time on the Rangers, Hats of to you Darius you make me proud to be a team Russia Fan.

Better
: Ovechkin/Datsyuk/Malkin- Our most dangerous forwards, they created lots of chances and played with lots of heart and passion.
KHARITONOV-can this guy fly or what? very fast player, created lots of chances for us
Good and Bad- Kovalev/Kozlov/Korolyuk/Nabokov Kovalev played awsome few games and had brain farts in 2 final games, Kozlov was a machine against Sweden and Canada, but wasnt there last 2 games, Korolyuk was sucha great addition but got injured :( Nabokov was awsome all tournament long except for game against Finland, when we could have used his magic :(.

BAD
or Need improvement: Yashin/Tyutin/Volchenkov/Gonchar
I dont know whats the deal with Yashin, it seems like the Islanders have ruined once an excellent forward, He sucked in this tournament. Tyutin on PP was a bad decision, although he made some good plays in our own end, Tyutin just wouldnt shoot on PP, and we needed some flipping shots. Volchenkov looked tired, inexperienced, and intimidated, I think he'll do fine next olympics. Gonchar: can this guy miss the net anymore? Or be more predictable with his passes? I dont know if the ice was that bad or Sergei just cant pass anymore, or stop a pass!!
Well thats all i have for now :

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Best: Datsyuk
Excelent: Malkin, Kasparitis, Ovechkin
Very Good: Korolyuk, Danny Markov,
Sporadically Good: Nabokov, Kozlov, Sushinsky

Good at times, but Invisible at Others: Yashin, Kharitonov, Sokolov.
Flashes of Brilliance and Uglyness: Gonchar, Afinogenov, Volchenkov.
Inconsistent, Mostly Bad With Periods of Being Okay: Kovalchuk, Tyutin, Andrei Markov

Bad: Vishnevsky, Bryzgalov
Injured: Kovalev, Frolov.
Green: Nepryiev, Taratukhin

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Buya89 said:

BAD
or Need improvement: Yashin/Tyutin/Volchenkov/Gonchar
I dont know whats the deal with Yashin, it seems like the Islanders have ruined once an excellent forward, He sucked in this tournament. Tyutin on PP was a bad decision, although he made some good plays in our own end, Tyutin just wouldnt shoot on PP, and we needed some flipping shots. Volchenkov looked tired, inexperienced, and intimidated, I think he'll do fine next olympics. Gonchar: can this guy miss the net anymore? Or be more predictable with his passes? I dont know if the ice was that bad or Sergei just cant pass anymore, or stop a pass!!
Well thats all i have for now :
I thought Volchenkov and Tyutin played very well together up until the last two games. Not sure what happened after that. Maybe chalk it up to being inexperienced, I don't know. I was quite surprised that the coach had enough faith to put the two youngest guys on the blueline together. It worked out until the last two games.

Datsyuk gained a lot of respect from me. I was never his biggest fan, but he was great, and doing so with a broken finger.

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
Really? Maybe it's my bias and I didn't see the other games to compare to, but I thought that Tyutin was solid. I thought that he shot on the PP when he had the chance, but he didn't always have the chance. I don't know how often you guys expect him to shoot. Do you want a defenseman to shoot it all the time and not give the forwards that have better hands a chance?

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
StealingSociety said:
Really? Maybe it's my bias and I didn't see the other games to compare to, but I thought that Tyutin was solid. I thought that he shot on the PP when he had the chance, but he didn't always have the chance. I don't know how often you guys expect him to shoot. Do you want a defenseman to shoot it all the time and not give the forwards that have better hands a chance?

Well thats what Zidlicky does and he has 4 goals

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
Buya89 said:
Well thats what Zidlicky does and he has 4 goals

Did you expect Tyutin to be as good as Zidlicky on the PP? Do you know anything about the 2 players? Tyutin isn't as Fly said, a pure offensive defenseman, he's more of a guy that's good on O and D but not great at both. Zidlicky on the other hand is one of the best offensive D-men in the league.

kira

Mar 13, 2003
www.datsyuk13.com
Visit site
At the top of my list is Pasha. Not because of my bias, but because of what I saw of him playing. He played with heart, soul, passion and just plain guts. He wore his heart on his sleeve every shift, every game. It is that attitude that players should be full of - that pride, that determination, that fighting spirit. I didn't see that in many of the players for Canada and/or the US (though Chris Chelios did), and I think in a way, that was one of the reasons those two teams didn't have that coherence that they should have had.

Moments of brilliance...Ovechkin, Malkin...but these guys need a little bit of age-accumulated wisdom...it will come with time, we all know that.

When 2010 rolls around you can bet that they will be back, and who knows, maybe it will be Pasha with the Captain's insignia on his jersey. I'm proud of him.

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
StealingSociety said:
Did you expect Tyutin to be as good as Zidlicky on the PP? Do you know anything about the 2 players? Tyutin isn't as Fly said, a pure offensive defenseman, he's more of a guy that's good on O and D but not great at both. Zidlicky on the other hand is one of the best offensive D-men in the league.

The point was that, Tyutin needed to shoot more on PP, I've seen billion times where he had open lane to shoot, he'd wind up and fake the shot only to pass it away and waste another shooting chance. (I didnt want to compare him to Zid, but that Zid Shot alot and got goals) Almost no good shots from the point during all of Olympics for Team Russia.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
kira said:
Moments of brilliance...Ovechkin, Malkin...but these guys need a little bit of age-accumulated wisdom...it will come with time, we all know that.

When 2010 rolls around you can bet that they will be back, and who knows, maybe it will be Pasha with the Captain's insignia on his jersey. I'm proud of him.

Russian team is quite young. Even the vets are relativly young(not like that geezer, Chelios)The oldest NHlers are Yashin(32) and Kovalev(33). Most of these guys will be there in 2010, you can take that to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->